40% Millennials Okay Limiting Free Speech

Ever consider it as sweat equity in their own future??? A future you control is a lot better than existing in one dominated by someone else.

So now you're the arbiter of what's best for everyone else? Why do you get to decide that? Ever ponder the meaning of the phrase "mind your own ******* business?"

Reactions: 1 person
I wouldn't be bragging on the experience the last generation is bringing to the table.

Which "last generation" are you talking about? The ones who did things like made solid state the state of the art, or the ones who keep reinventing the iPhone and apps that keep people occupied?

Which "last generation" are you talking about? The ones who did things like made solid state the state of the art, or the ones who keep reinventing the iPhone and apps that keep people occupied?

how about the ones who ruined the environment, raised the current failures, spent trillions on so much BS its actually scary they claim fiscal responsibility. that generation.

Look who Trump had to follow. Talk about disappointment.

You people are freaking ridiculous , look at what BO had to follow. Do you even think the economy would be where it is right now if tRump had inherited the economy Obama was left. Hell no you don't ! Cause y'all's in ignorant denial. :crazy: :shakehead:

Reactions: 2 people
You people are freaking ridiculous , look at what BO had to follow. Do you even think the economy would be where it is right now if tRump had inherited the economy Obama was left. Hell no you don't ! Cause y'all's in ignorant denial. :crazy: :shakehead:

The finger pointing by both sides is comical. Both parties are equally as guilty of the situation we are in.

The common thread? Boomers who have been the dominant voting block for the last 30 years.

how about the ones who ruined the environment, raised the current failures, spent trillions on so much BS its actually scary they claim fiscal responsibility. that generation.

You know that you actually have to attribute a lot of environmental woes to the population increase. I suppose if older generations had never made you and some of the newer generation, you'd have less to complain about.

Same thing when you consider that payments into government treasuries are back loaded, but the promises made to an expanding population are extremely front loaded - because that's what liberals/progressives demanded. Want more a more fiscally responsible government - demand less. Want less military spending? So did everybody before WW1 and WW2 - maybe stronger militaries would have made some belligerents think differently. Would war with the USSR have been cheaper than the way the cold war played out? Likely the casualties wouldn't have thought so.

Check the population figures - somebody's generations - not mine - increased the US population from about 235M in 1980 to 335M today. Figure out how to increase infrastructure and "entitlement" demands to go with almost a 50% increase in people without impacting something.

Since you want to bring in the environment, the US is a real laggard in population growth when compared to a lot of countries - which are becoming more power hungry just through development alone. Every country on earth adds waste to the environment, and many like China are far less responsible in how they do it.

Anybody with a fifth grade education and an ounce of common sense should be able to use a tape measure without watching some video. Dad never taught me I kind of just figured it out.

I have actually seen a young fitters apprentice say, "Uh....5 feet 7 inches an 9 o' them little black marks".

That is what has been pushed in business schools and by corporations over the last 30 years. Managers rarely come up throught the ranks anymore and learn the core competencies of their business. Instead, they pull people from unrelated business units to run things. Again, you blame the kids for not having any skills when the business paradigm in this country caters to people who run business units they don't understand.

And this has entered the nuclear industry. Engineering managers with no experience in "nuclear culture". Hired out of other industries, and all they took from Six Sigma training is the project time reduction concept. So they stomp around the office demanding completed systems analyses in less time than it takes to input the math model. One even wanted to do away with checking. That's insane in nuclear.

Reactions: 1 person
You know that you actually have to attribute a lot of environmental woes to the population increase. I suppose if older generations had never made you and some of the newer generation, you'd have less to complain about.

Same thing when you consider that payments into government treasuries are back loaded, but the promises made to an expanding population are extremely front loaded - because that's what liberals/progressives demanded. Want more a more fiscally responsible government - demand less. Want less military spending? So did everybody before WW1 and WW2 - maybe stronger militaries would have made some belligerents think differently. Would war with the USSR have been cheaper than the way the cold war played out? Likely the casualties wouldn't have thought so.

Check the population figures - somebody's generations - not mine - increased the US population from about 235M in 1980 to 335M today. Figure out how to increase infrastructure and "entitlement" demands to go with almost a 50% increase in people without impacting something.

Since you want to bring in the environment, the US is a real laggard in population growth when compared to a lot of countries - which are becoming more power hungry just through development alone. Every country on earth adds waste to the environment, and many like China are far less responsible in how they do it.

I am fine cutting all welfare, including SSN, medicare, all that nonsense. I have been paying in for more than a decade, I will take that loss. Bet your generation doesn't feel that way. cut a LOT of government that way. I would think we could easily find a third of the government budget to cut without really effecting people. the issue is the cuts that were made in the past first cut from the things that effect people without touching the big wasters.

And it wasn't millennials having babies in the 80s. and under us you are seeing the biggest push towards green tech, more recycling, less just about everything. something we definitely didn't learn from the previous generation.

yup. cursive is what brought us this far. without it we would still be banging stones together.

Some are still close to doing that. Have you seen the video of them trying to use a can opener? 😜

The kid who played on his computer growing up now writes code to develop a smart grid that minimizes power outages. That kid makes $150k a year. I suppose the kid who was busy writing cursive can send a thank you note, by email or paper if he prefers.

Lol

VN Store

Back