247 reporting Kevin Steele has agreed to join Pruitt's staff

Can someone with a subscription to Knoxnews post the latest John Adams story.

I can only read the very beginning. It starts with -

"Tennessee Vols hiring of Kevin Steele indicates Jeremy Pruitt era is ending"

So, 3 coaches who are considered DC's: Pruitt, Steele, and Ansley. This should work out just fine. Ansley can't catch a break. He had Pruitt with his hands all over everything and now he's got to look over his shoulder for Steele.

And it’ll be his choice to sign the extension.

What will it take this next season for everybody to get off his back? seriously I have never seen a more unrealistic fan base in my life. You expected him to turn the program around in 3 years from what butch leff? I wanna see what he does in year 4 with a full spring and a normal season before I jump to anything and blame him for a **** year during a pandemic

Not sure what that means, I guess we could speculate several scenarios..............
I think it means coach JP will be the coach in 2021, unless the NCAA turns up major issue's, because if you remember Steele was PHIL'S second choice when he hired JP we got JP NEXT SEASON unless something major goes down, then Steele will be the coach, the GOOD OLD BOYS IS STILL telling PHIL what to do, if we were going to fire JP it would have already happen, i am like 90 percent of VOL NATION i don't like it but i guess i have to live with it as a 52 year fan i am to old to root for another team, but till we clean house from top down and quit letting the GOOD OLD BOYS RUN THE SHOW this is what we are a average to below average football program, i never thought i would live long enough to see KENTUCKY's football program way ahead of us we are barley just ahead of Vandy in the EAST, been this way sense PHIL LEFT and the sad thing is that we the fans deserve alot better, but it looks like the top brass is fine with Tennessee begin a below average football program.

What will it take this next season for everybody to get off his back? seriously I have never seen a more unrealistic fan base in my life. You expected him to turn the program around in 3 years from what butch leff? I wanna see what he does in year 4 with a full spring and a normal season before I jump to anything and blame him for a **** year during a pandemic
He can start by not losing to the teams he should beat. Then, he could keep games close and competitive with the big 3. Then maybe, just maybe, win one game he’s not supposed to win. THEN, make a bowl game worth a crap. Sugar bowl, cotton bowl. Hell Id take a Citrus bowl appearance with Steve Spurrier as the honorary coin flipper over this last season’s crap.

From the appearances of this, Jeremy Pruitt is head coach in name only.

He can start by not losing to the teams he should beat. Then, he could keep games close and competitive with the big 3. Then maybe, just maybe, win one game he’s not supposed to win. THEN, make a bowl game worth a crap. Sugar bowl, cotton bowl. Hell Id take a Citrus bowl appearance with Steve Spurrier as the honorary coin flipper over this last season’s crap.

Exactly right.

Reactions: VOLfrombama
I'm certainly not suggesting that. Again, I'm on board with CJP getting a fourth year. Gitmo leaving for Washington state has energized me.

So let me get this right: You think JG is bad, but believe the staff he had for three years is salvageable now that they aren't shackled by one of their most visible coaching errors?

I hope you just forgot to make your font blue. I think expecting to beat GA State in year 2, Kentucky, Arkansas, and not get blown out in EVERY loss in year 3 is actually pretty reasonable as far as expectations go.

Reactions: FirstAndGoal

VN Store

Back