247 reporting Kevin Steele has agreed to join Pruitt's staff

Seems Phil is putting the band back together... Someone in Cut and Randy on the line.

I agree. I wouldn't want a coach who was instrumental in winning a NC and playing from another as a head coach over a guy who can't beat Georgia State.
Instrumental... Lmao. Unless Gus is the one who delivered the bag to Cam Newton his high school offense wasn't instrumental in anything. Gus and his 60th best offense in the country is doo doo.

Instrumental... Lmao. Unless Gus is the one who delivered the bag to Cam Newton his high school offense wasn't instrumental in anything. Gus and his 60th best offense in the country is doo doo.

You can't be serious but you are. There is a reason they fired Chizik and immediately hired him as head coach. How would you describe Pruitt's offense if Gus's is doo doo?

He took a db as qb and took them to another NC game without Cam, probably just luck then too I guess

Have to agree with OP.....Hyams reporting it too but says Pruitt did not have authority to ACTUALLY hire Steele and it is understood that Steele will be retained even if Pruitt is fired. As of now looks like Steele will be coaching LB's. TIFWIW.

Jimmy's blog: UT hires Steele on defensive staff
If this is true there is almost reason to bet Phillip Fulmer is about to step in and take over unless they done have there guy in place. If indeed Pruitt is not hiring then who is?

You can't be serious but you are. There is a reason they fired Chizik and immediately hired him as head coach. How would you describe Pruitt's offense if Gus's is doo doo?

Pruitt doesn't have an offense. He is a defensive coach unlike Gus. I don't know what your point is anyway. You want to replace a terrible offense with a terrible offense? Why?

At least Pruitt can blame Chaney. Gus's awful offense is his own brain child.

He took a db as qb and took them to another NC game without Cam, probably just luck then too I guess
First of all, that was 7 years ago. Why couldn't he replicate that season with three lucky ass wins since then?

Second, is that what you want? To recruit DBs and put them at QB? You think that's a good plan? Interesting.

Gus has failed to develop no less than 5 QBs since then. He's really killing it.

Have to agree with OP.....Hyams reporting it too but says Pruitt did not have authority to ACTUALLY hire Steele and it is understood that Steele will be retained even if Pruitt is fired. As of now looks like Steele will be coaching LB's. TIFWIW.

Jimmy's blog: UT hires Steele on defensive staff
If this is true there is almost reason to bet Phillip Fulmer is about to step in and take over unless they done have there guy in place. If indeed Pruitt is not hiring then who is?

It had been reported that Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt did not have the authority from UT to hire an assistant considering UT is undergoing an internal investigation from its compliance office for potential NCAA recruiting violations.
While sources said UT approved the hiring of Steele, it is not known if Pruitt has the clearance to hire an offensive line coach after Will Friend left in late December.
Also, Steele would be retained even if UT and Pruitt part ways, sources said.

Thats from Hyam's reporting. Also says the same in ESPN.com.
You don't state all those caveats if you don't have a reason to do so.

It had been reported that Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt did not have the authority from UT to hire an assistant considering UT is undergoing an internal investigation from its compliance office for potential NCAA recruiting violations.
While sources said UT approved the hiring of Steele, it is not known if Pruitt has the clearance to hire an offensive line coach after Will Friend left in late December.
Also, Steele would be retained even if UT and Pruitt part ways, sources said.

Thats from Hyam's reporting. Also says the same in ESPN.com.
This means this is a hire for another coach’s staff. At least that is how I take it. Pruitt will be gone this week, and the next HC is probably already ready to go. I would even venture to guess that even has something to do with the transfer QB who came in.

Please just go get Freeze now. They have mishandled this so abysmally that its only hurting Pruitt and this team if we keep him. What makes the most sense is getting Freeze who is the best coach out there that will also come here. But no, this administration is idiotic. When was the last time we had a clean coaching transition?

We can't even have a clean announcement that a coach is staying. I am forever baffled by the ineptitude of this administration. Honestly mind numbing.

Reactions: Volrocketman
This means this is a hire for another coach’s staff. At least that is how I take it. Pruitt will be gone this week, and the next HC is probably already ready to go. I would even venture to guess that even has something to do with the transfer QB who came in.
Or they are planning to go the interim route with Steele. Or he is a backup plan in case they *do* fire Pruitt. Several options.

Pruitt doesn't have an offense. He is a defensive coach unlike Gus. I don't know what your point is anyway. You want to replace a terrible offense with a terrible offense? Why?

At least Pruitt can blame Chaney. Gus's awful offense is his own brain child.

First of all, that was 7 years ago. Why couldn't he replicate that season with three lucky ass wins since then?

Second, is that what you want? To recruit DBs and put them at QB? You think that's a good plan? Interesting.

Gus has failed to develop no less than 5 QBs since then. He's really killing it.

Go ahead list the coaches who have a won a NC recently who are knocking the door of our AD to work here. He coaches in the West which is by far the hardest division in the SEC. He has beaten Saban more than any other coach in the SEC. I guess Pruitt can also blame Ty Helton for the offenses failures and any other OC he hires and fires

Go ahead list the coaches who have a won a NC recently who are knocking the door of our AD to work here.
There aren't any. That's why we should hire someone who might be a good coach instead of someone who we know is a bad coach.

He coaches in the West which is by far the hardest division in the SEC.

If you say so. Auburn plays LSU and we play Florida. Other than that the schedules are basically the same. On top of that, we theoretically have to beat Bama twice to make it to the playoffs whereas they only have to get by Bama once. This is a tougher job schedule wise.

He has beaten Saban more than any other coach in the SEC.

Which isn't saying very much now is it? Beating Bama every now and then is the thread he's been hanging on to at Auburn since 2017. He has nothing else going for him at all.

I guess Pruitt can also blame Ty Helton for the offenses failures and any other OC he hires and fires

You are being intentionally ignorant to avoid seeing my point. I don't want Pruitt here. But he is in theory always one OC hire away from having a good offense. Auburn's terrible offense is all Gus. That is his offense. The only way for Gus to fix it is to change it. His offense has sucked ever since they changed the substitution rules and he has refused to address it since.

VN Store

Back