247 Ranks all SEC QBs

Reactions: k-town_king
Lol that was mostly a positive piece on JG with only some detailed facets of the game he can improve on........something that can be said of nearly EVERY QB in power 5

And his conclusion:

Ultimately, this is a lot to parse. Still, it’s clear where Guarantano’s strengths lie and that he has the tools to be among the league’s upper echelon quarterbacks.

But if Tennessee’s offense is going to take a leap in 2019, the Vols need their veteran quarterback to refine some obvious weaknesses in his game, too.

Which reflects my sentiments as well.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Lol. Another baseless JG is good article/thread. Should be fun to revisit at the end of the season.

JG is elite, he has had a historically (not just for UT, but the NCAA) bad line in front of him.

If our line is half decent this year, he will prove it.
Your standards must be seriously low bro..no offense.

How about whoever plays QB, we focus more on not finishing last in the SEC in rushing again?

The JG debate is like having cancer and debating whether chicken or steak gives you more gas.

Reactions: k-town_king
Your standards must be seriously low bro..no offense.

He put up elite metrics with a line that most quarterbacks would be struggling to do anything with.

Our WRs dropped 1/4 of every pass thrown their way.

Idk if there is any QB who could have made us look good last year.

Last edited:
Now normally I don't get bent out of shape over meaningless rankings such as this one, but I'm starting to get a little irked at the complete disrespect being hurdled Feleipe's way...The kid BALLED OUT last year, especially the last three games (Including out-dueling the suposedly "better" Jake Bentley.) and was one of the key REASONS we won 10 games, we didn't win in spite of him like some yokels believe...He's good, this isn't 2017....Tua, Fromm, and MAAAYBE Mond could argue they're better in this league but no other QB, including Burrow, can.
Even from a statistical viewpoint, Franks is better than JG. I think top 5 overall looks more like...

Tua
Bryant
Fromm
Mond
Franks

Followed closely by Burrow and Bentley

I'd put JG at 8

VN Store

Back