22-year-old reported missing after boyfriend returns home from cross-country trip without her

People need to keep open minds. This whole thing could be a stunt cooked up between the two of them with the goal of achieving some sort of social media celebrity status. That would explain why no missing person report and no cooperation from the young man because as long as he doesn’t imply she is missing he can’t be charged with making a false report if she crawls out of the woodwork unscathed sometime down the road.
That thought crossed my mind too, but the likelihood of that falls off considerably with each passing day. If this was a stunt, that will probably be revealed imminently.

Yes. Definitely looks fishy and we all want answers…now, not later. Seems like national media may stir the pot enough to turn this afternoon’s neighborhood protest into a vigilante mob. This guy and his parents may have to go into hiding. Wish we could get @Behr to put on his socks and flip flops and go provide some live updates.

Maybe he's just following the advice of his attorney.
What if they were fighting and she threatened to leave and he said "go ahead..".

I don't know the answer. Hopefully the investigation proves without a doubt what happened either way.
Then somewhere from 1 to 30 miles down the road he cooled down and realized the gravity of abandoning his 22 yo fiancé and turned the van around.

You suggested she may have been the problem but don’t want to defend the million holes in such a theory.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
What if she abandoned him? We don't even know what happened yet and you're wanting to hang him with no trial.

Do I think he's responsible...yes. He's still innocent until proven guilty....scumbag or not.

Um, then say that. Say where she left you. Give everyone something to work with.

If that happened, why the hell do you drive home and refuse to say anything. Why do you lawyer up immediately and why do you refuse to cooperate with the police at all? I get the protecting yourself but you can still protect your rights and work with the family and authorities. 100% shutting them out in no way looks good at all.

Then somewhere from 1 to 30 miles down the road he cooled down and realized the gravity of abandoning his 22 yo fiancé and turned the van around.

You suggested she may have been the problem but don’t want to defend the million holes in such a theory.

Or hell, called her family and said this is what just happened. Instead of, you know.....driving all the way home and claming up.

I'm laughing that some are judging this girl based on one video and assuming she's a basketcase but scrunching their nose that people might think this dude did something based on....oh the glaring problems with his behavior.

Reactions: walkenvol
Kinda far fetched but not totally out of the question. Wasn't one of them or both of them YouTubers? Could be a publicity stunt that will not end well if it's the case....which I DON'T think is the case but these days anything is possible.

Also now a double homicide connected to the case possibly.

Everything I've seen about this seems to be circumstantial and no real link as of now.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
And others are already advocating doing situational denial of the right against self incrimination that is specifically guaranteed by the fifth amendment to the US constitution, calling for torture-induced confession, and branding this guy a murderer. And that’s just in this thread. People don’t know what happened. This guy has a right not to talk and he isn’t….for now. Respect the constitution even if you don’t respect this guy. Some day, we’ll probably know what happened and even if we don’t it’s not as if we know any of these people or had any reason to care about any of this until social media and the 24-hour news cycle shoved it in our faces. It’s gonna be okay.

Walken, I meant that to be responsive to the post after yours.

Give me a few hours alone with him and one of these. He'll talk.

150420858.jpeg

I'm in no way defending him or making excuses. I'm just throwing theories based on what I saw and my life experience. If he abandoned her or harmed her, he should 100% face the consequences. I just think it was more of a crime of passion, and wasn't premeditated.

The MOAB police had determined that she was the aggressor and he didn't want to pursue domestic violence charges. The MOAB police instead separated them them for the night. The fight all started because he got into the van with dirty feet.
I also believe the van was in both of their name. If so, he can't be charged with auto theft.
He was threating to leave her on the side of the road and that was what the fight was about - she was distraught and scared and turns out .... she was right - he ended up driving off with the van and water and abandoned her. The outcome of that appears to be fatal unfortunately. There is no excuse for A. doing that and B. not relaying that immediately to someone that could have rescued her.

And others are already advocating doing situational denial of the right against self incrimination that is specifically guaranteed by the fifth amendment to the US constitution, calling for torture-induced confession, and branding this guy a murderer. And that’s just in this thread. People don’t know what happened. This guy has a right not to talk and he isn’t….for now. Respect the constitution even if you don’t respect this guy. Some day, we’ll probably know what happened and even if we don’t it’s not as if we know any of these people or had any reason to care about any of this until social media and the 24-hour news cycle shoved it in our faces. It’s gonna be okay.

I’m not a lawyer nor am I a constitutional expert, but like most of us I have a moral compass. I know it’s wrong to take off on an adventure / journey with a friend or spouse and to return home without them then refuse to say where and why we parted ways. I know it’s wrong to not cooperate with her family who’s trying to find her. Without knowing this guy personally, it’s pretty obvious he could share the last location he saw the young lady and the circumstances of their parting. Guess I must be a bad person as I would have no problem with anything happening to this guy in order to compel him to share what he knows to assist in locating the girl.

And nobody forced you to interject yourself into the discussion of this story, yet here you are. So is it shoved in your face or did you shove your face in it yourself?

No one's opinion of this dude or his actions will have any effect on this story or his rights, so you can stop the pearl clutching over his precious rights because none of them will be violated in the least. Yes he has the right to not say anything.....and we all have the freedom to form an opinion based on the information given. He can sew his mouth shut...and I can think he's sketchy as hell for doing so. None of that violates his rights.

So a guy and his wife can decide to sail a boat from California to Hawaii. They leave California happy and excited. A few weeks later the guy pulls into Hawaii alone and refuses to talk to the authorities. Is he really not going to be arrested? If no, then we truly have a messed up legal system

So a guy and his wife can decide to sail a boat from California to Hawaii. They leave California happy and excited. A few weeks later the guy pulls into Hawaii alone and refuses to talk to the authorities. Is he really not going to be arrested? If no, then we truly have a messed up legal system

Depends on what they find on the boat.

Reactions: skeelsd
Not the wife, but her DNA would probably be everywhere if she was living on the boat for several days?

Yeah, I meant like did they find signs of a struggle, did they find evidence he tried to clean up, did they find spots of her blood, etc.

Brian Laundrie attorney just reported that Brian whereabouts is unknown. FBI is currently looking for him.

Yeah, I meant like did they find signs of a struggle, did they find evidence he tried to clean up, did they find spots of her blood, etc.
Let’s assume he chunked her overboard and left no evidence on the boat. Is there not some requirement to report a missing passenger?

What if somebody kidnapped her and wants a ransom and told him you can't talk to police or anyone or they'll put her in cement shoes, so to speak? What would you do? Wouldn't your behavior be perceived as odd and uncooperative? Something is just "off" to me about all of this.

I still lean toward him being responsible or involved in something awful with her as much as I hate to think it.

VN Store

Back