22-year-old reported missing after boyfriend returns home from cross-country trip without her

If it was my daughter I’d break the 401K bank and hire some of those black rock dudes who just got furloughed from Afghanistan to grab him and then do whatever is necessary to find the location of my daughter.
This was my thought. I'd just need them to grab him. I'd have no problem doing the torturing part to find my loved one.

Reactions: walkenvol
Without the body, they have no murder case, but, I thought I read somewhere that the van belonged to the girl. If that's true, I'd get him for grand theft auto. That would at least allow them to get him in the system and possibly work him for any critical info.
Not necessarily true. There have been numerous convictions for murder without a body. The conviction rate is actually higher in cases without a body vs with a body.

Not necessarily true. There have been numerous convictions for murder without a body. The conviction rate is actually higher in cases without a body vs with a body.
But right now they can't prove she's dead. They have no crime scene, no evidence, nothing. And her nomadic lifestyle acts as a detriment to an actual murder charge. If there was more circumstantial evidence, I'd agree they might have a case. But as of now, nothing that has been reported suggests they have one.

I watched that whole bodycam video and honestly they both seem like good kids. She has some anxiety issues but some of my favorite humans on earth have anxiety issues. Brains don’t always play nicely with their hosts.

Here’s the thing though. As much as I hope I’m wrong, the fact that he drove all the way back to Florida alone and clammed up likely means she’s dead. If she’s simply missing, there’s no way he does that. Even if he’d had enough of the relationship he’d at least help find her, whether for her sake, her family’s sake, or just being a decent human. Again, he seems like a generally good guy.

So I have to think he’s knows she’s dead, likely witnessed it, possibly had a hand in it. Even if she did it herself or he was responsible in a self-defense situation, it could easily be a case where he knows he could easily be rung up for it, or at least have his life ruined. Or she went at him and he overreacted. Or he wasn’t a good guy after all, got all raged up and killed her. Who knows.

I think something happened that ended up with her dead, with or without his active involvement, and he called his family because he was freaking out and didn’t know what to do. Because of the legal tussle days before, they knew he was in dire straits if he reported it and told him to drive straight home and don’t breathe a word. The family attorney likely called him on the road and reiterated that.

The fact that he didn’t call local authorities tells me there was no help to be gained, she wasn’t badly injured, she wasn’t missing, she was clearly dead. So he calls trusted loved ones first instead. Even if she took her own life while he watched, the domestic violence incident throws suspicion his way. Same with an unfortunate accident. And of course if he straight up did it.

Holing up and not talking to police is a self-protective tactic that you only use if there’s a fatal outcome you already know about. Makes me sad, again they seem like good kids.
Could also be she left him and him not talking is his revenge against her and her family.

But right now they can't prove she's dead. They have no crime scene, no evidence, nothing. And her nomadic lifestyle acts as a detriment to an actual murder charge. If there was more circumstantial evidence, I'd agree they might have a case. But as of now, nothing that has been reported suggests they have one.
I’m sure that they have executed a search warrant on his phone and/or phone records. Sent letters of preservation to cellular provider to save texts, social media messages, etc. Just blows my mind that his attorney (if innocent) wouldn’t advise his client to cooperate.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but this is about the worst take I can imagine. Guy goes on cross country trip with fiancé and returns without her and refuses to tell girl’s family what he knows about her whereabouts. His actions scream suspicious!
I know it's a reach. I still lean toward him being guilty AF, but something about that video just makes me feel like it is not an open and shut case and there is something else going on here.

Reactions: tbwhhs and jp1
Here is my take -
We already know that he was threatening to lock her out of the van and to drive off and leave her - that’s why they had the blowup when the cops stopped them. And why she was “ paranoid” and scared to death. This is exactly what he did, but in a much more remote location. And he drove off with their water supply and probably her cell phone.
A 22 yr old, tiny girl from Long Island - she wouldn’t last 3 days tops. So he has committed criminal negligence assuming he hasn’t physically killed her. From my perspective- when you abandon someone in a harsh remote location without water with the hopes she will perish you are commuting murder. By not sharing her last location you are hoping her body will not be found or will further decompose so you are less likely to be charged. He is a pos and should be left alone in a locked room for an hour with her dad.

He has murdered her by abandoning her without water deep in the national park. She probably had a 10 - 20 percent chance of making it out and clearly she hasn’t. She would have called mom first thing - she is in a ditch, next to a creek, kidnapped or suffered some other sad passing. Not only is it murder - or intentional negligent homicide - it’s also a form of torture.
his parents and lawyer are as bad as he is.

After watching the police video, I'm getting the vibe that she was probably a little psycho and they had a very toxic relationship. The scratches on his arm and face....when they tried to pull over and she allegedly grabbed the wheel causing the van to hit the curb....Both talking about how he tries to get away from her when she's upset....

I had experience with a CRAZY ex-girlfriend MANY years ago and she would try to push me to the edge, physically attack me and dare me to hit her (I NEVER did). She acted EXACTLY like the police video. After an incident where she had followed me all night, people witnessed her trying to attack me and attempt to jump into my moving car, I was finally able to get a restraining order. One witness thought I tried to hit her with my car, luckily there were multiple or I would've been in BIG trouble. People around me though it was funny. She stalked me, stalked my new girlfriend, damaged my property....I couldn't get away from her and the Police wouldn't help prior to that incident. Nobody would believe that "sweet little girl" could behave in such a way. I'm extremely thankful that I was raised to know not to physically harm a woman and that I had self control.

When you read this, I am NOT defending him or his actions!

My theory is that she pushed him to the point where he lost his cool and hurt her (and there's NEVER an excuse for putting your hands on a woman) or a bad accident happened during his loss of self control...he panicked and ran.

My wife agreed with the theory above that, after a fight, he was dumb enough to leave her alone out there alone or that there's a slim chance she could've even hurt herself after being left alone (something my ex would've done to ruin me).

Wow - so many folks coming up with story lines to excuse driving cross country with his fiancé in her van, leaving her somewhere and driving her van back to Florida, and now refusing to talk to anyone concerning her whereabouts. In my wildest dreams I can’t imagine any scenario of his innocence and I’m personally getting more agitated by the day that he’s not been arrested for auto theft at a minimum. Don’t give a damn if the girl was crazy, don’t give a damn if she scratched or hit him. Leave her with her van and you take off on foot if you need space. Call the police if needed. But no way no how does anyone do what he’s doing. If she doesn’t turn up alive then I’m voting for the death penalty if I’m on the jury

Wow - so many folks coming up with story lines to excuse driving cross country with his fiancé in her van, leaving her somewhere and driving her van back to Florida, and now refusing to talk to anyone concerning her whereabouts. In my wildest dreams I can’t imagine any scenario of his innocence and I’m personally getting more agitated by the day that he’s not been arrested for auto theft at a minimum. Don’t give a damn if the girl was crazy, don’t give a damn if she scratched or hit him. Leave her with her van and you take off on foot if you need space. Call the police if needed. But no way no how does anyone do what he’s doing. If she doesn’t turn up alive then I’m voting for the death penalty if I’m on the jury

I'm in no way defending him or making excuses. I'm just throwing theories based on what I saw and my life experience. If he abandoned her or harmed her, he should 100% face the consequences. I just think it was more of a crime of passion, and wasn't premeditated.

The MOAB police had determined that she was the aggressor and he didn't want to pursue domestic violence charges. The MOAB police instead separated them them for the night. The fight all started because he got into the van with dirty feet.
I also believe the van was in both of their name. If so, he can't be charged with auto theft.

Last edited:
Reactions: jp1
I'm in no way defending him or making excuses. I'm just throwing theories based on what I saw and my life experience. If he abandoned her or harmed her, he should 100% face the consequences. I just think it was more of a crime of passion, and wasn't premeditated.

The MOAB police had determined that she was the aggressor and he didn't want to pursue domestic violence charges. The MOAB police instead separated them them for the night. The fight all started because he got into the van with dirty feet.
I also believe the van was in both of their name. If so, he can't be charged with auto theft.
He drove back to Florida without her - how is that not abandoning her? This guy is a scumbag sack of shat for refusing to help find her.

He drove back to Florida without her - how is that not abandoning her? This guy is a scumbag sack of shat for refusing to help find her.

What if she abandoned him? We don't even know what happened yet and you're wanting to hang him with no trial.

Do I think he's responsible...yes. He's still innocent until proven guilty....scumbag or not.

What if she abandoned him? We don't even know what happened yet and you're wanting to hang him with no trial.

Do I think he's responsible...yes. He's still innocent until proven guilty....scumbag or not.
What possible reason could he have for not cooperating with the police if she abandoned him?

What possible reason could he have for not cooperating with the police if she abandoned him?

Maybe he's just following the advice of his attorney.
What if they were fighting and she threatened to leave and he said "go ahead..".

I don't know the answer. Hopefully the investigation proves without a doubt what happened either way.

Reactions: davethevol
Seems like a good kid, but there's a high probability he murdered his GF......

I think our definition of "good kid" might be a little different.
🙄 Oh come on weez, you know what I meant. It’s notable that in that video they do seem like a couple of good kids, which makes it crazy wondering what happened afterward to get to where they are now?

Of course, his current silence while the family suffers pushes back against being a “good kid“. Even if she died without his involvement and he’s being advised against speaking about it out of self-preservation, that’s still prolonging a family’s suffering.

Again though, the fact that he drove all the way home and holed up says she’s dead. You don’t clam up and lawyer up against police scrutiny and pressure unless you know there was already a final outcome.

If she were alive and still potentially subject to harm, his noncooperation could put him on the hook if something happened to her. Also, it doesn’t make sense to do that under all the police and public pressure just because he’s mad at her. He knows she’s dead and he’s protecting himself against prosecution.

In all fairness though, it doesn’t automatically mean he caused her death or even contributed to it. Sure, he may have, but right now all we know he’s done for sure is make her family suffer more.

Reactions: walkenvol
People need to keep open minds. This whole thing could be a stunt cooked up between the two of them with the goal of achieving some sort of social media celebrity status. That would explain why no missing person report and no cooperation from the young man because as long as he doesn’t imply she is missing he can’t be charged with making a false report if she crawls out of the woodwork unscathed sometime down the road.

People need to keep open minds. This whole thing could be a stunt cooked up between the two of them with the goal of achieving some sort of social media celebrity status. That would explain why no missing person report and no cooperation from the young man because as long as he doesn’t imply she is missing he can’t be charged with making a false report if she crawls out of the woodwork unscathed sometime down the road.

Kinda far fetched but not totally out of the question. Wasn't one of them or both of them YouTubers? Could be a publicity stunt that will not end well if it's the case....which I DON'T think is the case but these days anything is possible.

Also now a double homicide connected to the case possibly.

VN Store

Back