2027 recruiting

In my opinion committing a 2027 is kinda ridiculous. Odd are kellie won't be here and will that offer still be valid, well it will depend on the new staff. Plus this girls is still in middle school ALOT can happen in 5 year and I mean ALOT. WORRY ABOUT HERE AND NOW not 5 years down the road.

Nyla is a sophomore and will probably be ranked in the top 25 when the new rankings come out at the end of the season. She’s had a terrific season and is on the ESPN stock risers in the class of 2025 list

Prospects nation has her at #24 and Mike Flynn with Blue Star is very high on her. She’ll definitely be included in the ESPN hoopgurlz rankings when they expand and re-rank. Very likely top 25. She could very well end up in the top 10.

Nyla is a sophomore and will probably be ranked in the top 25 when the new rankings come out at the end of the season. She’s had a terrific season and is on the ESPN stock risers in the class of 2025 list
Oh I thought she was the 2027

Oh I thought she was the 2027

the 2027 is Finley Chastain. I saw in an article she took it to 2023 McD all american Madison Booker last summer while playing U17 as a 7th grader lol ...

A class of Finley, Lauren Hassell, Helen Ayres, etc would be an impact freshman class and i could see them all playing day 1 with their skills and how they continue to develop.

the 2027 is Finley Chastain. I saw in an article she took it to 2023 McD all american Madison Booker last summer while playing U17 as a 7th grader lol ...

A class of Finley, Lauren Hassell, Helen Ayres, etc would be an impact freshman class and i could see them all playing day 1 with their skills and how they continue to develop.
Great. But in 4 years, everything can change.

True. But in reality, how many early commits in the women's game actually HAVE changed their minds and gone somewhere else come signing day?
4 years ahead ? I would wager that it's much higher than recruits that commit the normal year or so ahead of actually signing.

4 years ahead ? I would wager that it's much higher than recruits that commit the normal year or so ahead of actually signing.

I honestly don't know, and would be interested to hear if anyone remembers the names of any players who made super early commitments to one school and then ended up signing with another.

Kaela Davis is the only one I can remember off the top of my head. She committed to Tennessee in 2010 but changed her mind after Pat's diagnosis. I have often wondered if, in hindsight, she regretted the decision to forgo the opportunity to be a part of Pat's legacy.

I also remember being shocked when Diamond DeShields, whose picture as a toddler dressed as a Tennessee cheerleader was thought to foretell her future choice to attend her "longtime dream school," ended up at UNC instead. I don't think she'd ever committed to Tennessee, but it was certainly pretty much considered a sure thing.

Of course, she did end up transferring to Tennessee and then, in all likelihood, regretting the choice to play for Holly.

Ugh.

Of course, she did end up transferring to Tennessee and then, in all likelihood, regretting the choice to play for Holly.
I'm sure not regretting the choice any more than Holly Warlick does. Someday when the book is written, I want to know how the decision to eventually take her on got made.

VN Store

Back