2024 Transfer Portal Thread

How long does the NBA process take? I mean...just how long does UT sit and wait on a decision? With Gayle looking like he's coming off the board, what does our portal world look like if Lanier doesn't come and Tyson goes to UNC?

For some examples, Vescovi announced that he was coming back on April 18th last year and JJJ announced around May 31st. Both 'tested the draft process.' So, it can vary.

What are you both yapping about?
Tyson trending to UNC (understand nothing is set in stone), uncertainty around Awaka returning now, seemingly not having traction with anyone outside of possibly Igor. No new visit plans being announced. I’ll be the first to celebrate if they land Tyson, Lanier, and get Tobe to come back. Just doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of positive developments going on.

Johni broome returning to Auburn instead of going pro. He'll probably be the preseason secpoty. Bruce putting a nice roster together for next year. Need a 1 and 4 to finish it up.

Reactions: onfocusgovols
Tyson trending to UNC (understand nothing is set in stone), uncertainty around Awaka returning now, seemingly not having traction with anyone outside of possibly Igor. No new visit plans being announced. I’ll be the first to celebrate if they land Tyson, Lanier, and get Tobe to come back. Just doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of positive developments going on.
All of those things could very well happen, but it’s way too early for that sentiment. We have boatload of scholarships to fill and Barnes hasn’t had a season yet without a full roster.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I know about the court cases, but looks like the NCAA is about to make unlimited transfers “official” by their standards. Just a sad era of college athletics we are in. At least when you recruited transfers you kind of thought those guys were untouchable in the off-season, but now you quite literally have to re-recruit every player on your team every year moving forward.

Sheesh. This isn’t a sustainable model.

I know about the court cases, but looks like the NCAA is about to make unlimited transfers “official” by their standards. Just a sad era of college athletics we are in. At least when you recruited transfers you kind of thought those guys were untouchable in the off-season, but now you quite literally have to re-recruit every player on your team every year moving forward.

I think we’re going to see long term NIL deals that incentivize staying. For now, it’s a free for all, but no one likes it.

All of those things could very well happen, but it’s way too early for that sentiment. We have boatload of scholarships to fill and Barnes hasn’t had a season yet without a full roster.
Well no kidding. I have zero doubt he’ll fill the roster. However, will it be skilled players that keep the floor where it’s been.

The NCAA just goes from one end of the "stupid spectrum" to the other end. Who runs things over there? Geez...

Yep. Really sucks now. Zero loyalty all about the money. They just need to bring contracts in like the NBA. Now you see why Saban retired.

VN Store

Back