2024 Transfer Portal Thread

The portal and throwing cash at high-schoolers is not going to even the playing field--not in basketball and not in football. The big dogs will remain big dogs.
I'd argue it already has evened the playing field. Both Football and Basketball felt very competitive.

Sure, the best programs will still be among the best becuase they have premium access to resources. But whereas these programs may have a huge advantage from a tradition and historical perspective, they have less of an advabtage financially. Other teams can offer recruits and transfers fair NIL deals. Whereas UNC may offer "x" anount for their top player, other shools can swoope in and offer UNCs 3rd or 4th option option #1 type of NIL deal.

I'm not sure what the hold up is with Awaka... no Aidoo should mean more minutes and I'd assume the more minutes the more NIL $ too.
Maybe the hold up isn't with Awaka but our staff? Maybe they have targets and plans for that scholly? No offense to Awaka, but he did enter the portal voluntarily.

Yeah, took a bit but found it. He’s not showing in the on3 portal or 247 yet I guess. Would be a want, big guard that rebounds very well.

Be curious to see what we do next. We haven’t made contact with any of the guys that have been going in.

Kind of tells me we know, but at the same time, who knows.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Be curious to see what we do next. We haven’t made contact with any of the guys that have been going in.

Kind of tells me we know, but at the same time, who knows.

Yeah staff is probably waiting to hear back from a few top targets. Then if told no we'll move on to the next ones on the list.

I still think Lanier and Saint Thomas are both on our list, but neither will be doing much until after the draft evaluation process concludes (which could be another month away!)

Yeah staff is probably waiting to hear back from a few top targets. Then if told no we'll move on to the next ones on the list.

I still think Lanier and Saint Thomas are both on our list, but neither will be doing much until after the draft evaluation process concludes (which could be another month away!)
Hope we can stop Igor’s Baylor visit

Hoping we can get a visit from Gayle.

I think On3 just put an article out that features him, but don’t have access.

Reactions: LaagerVol

Well right now we're taking visits from the guys that if they say "Yes" we accept. Even Dunbar was only delayed a day (and that could have been over anything).

Reactions: Orange.

Ohio State G Roddy Gayle​

Intel: Roddy Gayle entered the transfer portal following the season. Two of the schools in the mix for him are Michigan and Creighton. I like Dusty May and the Wolverines’ chances as of this writing.

Gayle, a former four-star and New York native, averaged 13.5 points per game this season.

Ohio State G Roddy Gayle​

Intel: Roddy Gayle entered the transfer portal following the season. Two of the schools in the mix for him are Michigan and Creighton. I like Dusty May and the Wolverines’ chances as of this writing.

Gayle, a former four-star and New York native, averaged 13.5 points per game this season.
Welp, don’t see UT lmao

Lanier come on down

Extremely, just don’t understand how the money isn’t there.
Waiting on what Awaka does is probably the reason why we haven’t contacted anyone in the post

As far as SG, there’s no one in the portal worth pursuing, might as well wait for Lanier at this point.

There’s a few 3s I’d go for (Traore, Conwell) but who knows.

A few "declared for the NBA" players could also jump into the portal that aren't even on the radar to do so right now as well.

I don't mind us being patient, seems like the staff has identified players available they really want and are willing to wait if that's what it takes to get them. Dubar was a top want and we got him so I'm feeling good so far. Will feel really good if we land Igor and/or Tyson after this weekend.

Waiting on what Awaka does is probably the reason why we haven’t contacted anyone in the post

As far as SG, there’s no one in the portal worth pursuing, might as well wait for Lanier at this point.

There’s a few 3s I’d go for (Traore, Conwell) but who knows.
Unless it’s likely they’re not going to wait on him to decide when they can be proactive. They showed that last year

Yes, UNC see themselves as privileged and a virtuous lot in hoops. Beyond reproach or criticism. Lived in Raleigh for 8 years in the 90's and was exactly the same. Only fans I like in the state are NC State and East Carolina fans. Chapel Hill is great school and beautiful campus, but the groupthink is unbearable.
Again, two words silences that “virtuous” thing—-fake classes. Nothing else needs to be said.

Welp, don’t see UT lmao

Lanier come on down
How long does the NBA process take? I mean...just how long does UT sit and wait on a decision? With Gayle looking like he's coming off the board, what does our portal world look like if Lanier doesn't come and Tyson goes to UNC?

How long does the NBA process take? I mean...just how long does UT sit and wait on a decision? With Gayle looking like he's coming off the board, what does our portal world look like if Lanier doesn't come and Tyson goes to UNC?
Asking the wrong person lol

For some reason, I think we’re good with Lanier.

VN Store

Back