2024 Transfer Portal Thread

This never got the attention it deserved. They should have had their accreditation as a university pulled immediately. They admitted that ALL students at the university were eligible to take completely fake classes. How did everyone just let that go?
Because of $$$$ and a corrupt NCAA. Story broke about a week before NCAA was reporting on the CONCLUSION of their investigation into the football program and then NCAA waved their hands and said they needed time to look into this and it magically went away never to be mentioned again by the good 'ol NCAA or the vast majority of sports "journalists".

Because of $$$$ and a corrupt NCAA. Story broke about a week before NCAA was reporting on the CONCLUSION of their investigation into the football program and then NCAA waved their hands and said they needed time to look into this and it magically went away never to be mentioned again by the good 'ol NCAA or the vast majority of sports "journalists".
NCAA did actually rule in it and said it was out of their hands. Sankey was lead on the case. They said basically that schools are responsible for their own academic rigor, so they can have as many paper courses as they like. Infractions panel could not conclude academic violations in North Carolina case

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
NCAA did actually rule in it and said it was out of their hands. Sankey was lead on the case. They said basically that schools are responsible for their own academic rigor, so they can have as many paper courses as they like. Infractions panel could not conclude academic violations in North Carolina case
yeah, after that case I don't ever want to hear again about any supposed academic superiority of UNC. Their whole defense was basically "you can't punish the athletic programs because the entire university was fraudulent."

Yep. Really sucks now. Zero loyalty all about the money. They just need to bring contracts in like the NBA. Now you see why Saban retired.

And why Jay Wright left when he did, and will never coach again. He saw the writing on the wall, but unlike Saban he never denied that the portal, one-and-dones, and having to re-recruit were the primary reasons he got out.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
yeah, after that case I don't ever want to hear again about any supposed academic superiority of UNC. Their whole defense was basically "you can't punish the athletic programs because the entire university was fraudulent."
The NCAA not wanting to punish the athletic programs because of fake classes that every student at the school could attend isn’t some huge advantage you think it is lol the NCAA again has no oversight on a lot of things which is a good thing and one of those is academics.

Reactions: 207 others
The NCAA not wanting to punish the athletic programs because of fake classes that every student at the school could attend isn’t some huge advantage you think it is lol the NCAA again has no oversight on a lot of things which is a good thing and one of those is academics.
How dare you laugh out loud in my direction, Mr. or Ms. Good Time!

My point had nothing to do with the NCAA. UNC fans love to brag about their "prestigious" university, so to admit that the entire university was in on this shows they're full of crap.

Change UNC to UT and I can guarantee you a far different outcome to that "investigation".

These are the actual good/substantive tea leaves.
UNC will have a load of 5 stars to contend with. Our dance floor is wide open. HOF coach and a picture from last year on how he'd be used. Plus a likely glowing report from Knecht on the culture and love.he has for this coach and fan base. Seems like a no brainer. The fact that his roots are in NC is one fly in the ointment. Another possible issue is following a beloved player like Knecht. Holding my breath on this one. Won't believe until I see.

I'll say this, Dennis Gates is going to be on the hottest seat in basketball this upcoming season.

You know they've had to throw out a TON of NIL to bring in the class he has and then their Portal haul has 3 top 100 rated guys in it as well.

Does that list include this possibility?

Reactions: knoxvol52
lol, nope! Gates must be paying out of his pocket at this point.... jesus!

I guess after you go 0-18 in league play, you feel embarrassed and need to try and stack the deck to save your job. Will be interesting to see how good they are next year, on paper they should be top half of the SEC, but I also thought Gates was going to crush it at Mizzou and…well….we all saw how this year went.

I would be shocked if they struggle again next season though.

I know it will work out but I can’t stand seeing other teams making moves while UT stands still. Are we evaluating the talent in the portal or are players not interested in UT?

Again, I’m sure it will all work itself out but I’m impatient. 😆
Patience is a virtue.... I do not have. I'm ready for things to start happening. Need some big commits.

Reactions: vol94

VN Store

Back