Keldon Johnson
Julius Randle
Bam

Immanuel Quickly
Monk
Herro
Jarred Vanderbilt
PJ Washington
Exactly, impressive work, @Vol49er . You can dog out Cal for a lot, but he puts superstars in the league. Hate it, but can't really blame a kid for wanted to be on that team, effing loaded.

Exactly, impressive work, @Vol49er . You can dog out Cal for a lot, but he puts superstars in the league. Hate it, but can't really blame a kid for wanted to be on that team, effing loaded.
That's why highly rated Players go to Kentucky...the NBA pedigree ...You could put Duke in the conversation as well...but I love what Barnes is doing at Tennessee

That's why highly rated Players go to Kentucky...the NBA pedigree ...You could put Duke in the conversation as well...but I love what Barnes is doing at Tennessee

We’re never going to recruit like UK in basketball, just like UK will never be able to recruit like us in football. It just is how it is. Too much history at UK and that logo, even when they suck, means something.

Yeah, all I'm saying , I get it. I mean it's a no-brainer if you wanna be NBA ready, too bad they ain't been winning much. I love Barnes, I know he has his weaknesses, but I'll ride and die with Rick for as long as he wants to coach

Let’s not pretend that the 6 months those guys spent in Lexington dramatically changed their career trajectories. They would’ve ended up there with or without Cal for the most part.

Let’s not pretend that the 6 months those guys spent in Lexington dramatically changed their career trajectories. They would’ve ended up there with or without Cal for the most part.
Truth. But, the assembly line keeps rolling whether it's the UK brand and/or Cal bringing ''em in and NOT winning enough

View attachment 593902
Does this mean he joins the team now. Don’t know how he could sign this early for next year

Today is actually the first day that D1 basketball recruits can sign for the early signing period, last day is November 15th.

The regular signing period is from April 17 to May 15.

idk when his high school graduates, but we’ve had kids moving in during May before, definitely well before fall (September 22).

Well, I wasn’t being literal that he wouldn’t be here till school started lol. I just meant he’d get here during the normal time instead of being an early enrollee like the poster was asking.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
So, I've been so engrossed in football that I've completely ignored basketball. Who is left that we're potentially targeting for this class? I don't even know what the numbers are and how many we can take.

So, I've been so engrossed in football that I've completely ignored basketball. Who is left that we're potentially targeting for this class? I don't even know what the numbers are and how many we can take.
More than likely just portal.

From Basilio's blog this morning:

"The Vols appear to be taking a developmental body for the final spot on the roster. They've centered their search on a guy like Tamba who played at Catholic a few years ago. Tamba is now a junior at Weber State. The idea is that this would be the #15 player on the roster and develop him slowly. The goal is to add somebody that won't make waves. I'm hearing they're going to hit the international market."

Tennessee Going Portalling In Spring?

"You bet your bippy. Tennessee's #1 position of need is a big forward. Right now it appears that the Vols are going to have somewhere between 3-5 openings in the spring depending on what Jonas and Freddie do. 3 seniors plus DJ Jefferson = 4 spots for sure.

They're taking one project big guy, plus Bishop Boswell (a top 60 player PG who will apprentice under ZZ). If Aidoo comes back Tennessee will have him along with Awaka and Estrella vying for minutes. This staff loves JP.

Tennessee will need a 2 after they add a 4. Tennessee is poised to go after a top #4 in the portal. The hope is to find a replacement for Josiah then watch what's going to happen with Jonas. On the off guard, Tennessee might need someone to play Vesco's role. Could that be Gainey? Could it be Freddie? Tennessee is absolutely going to go for some front-line guys to keep this roster fortified heading into 2024-25."

From Basilio's blog this morning:

"The Vols appear to be taking a developmental body for the final spot on the roster. They've centered their search on a guy like Tamba who played at Catholic a few years ago. Tamba is now a junior at Weber State. The idea is that this would be the #15 player on the roster and develop him slowly. The goal is to add somebody that won't make waves. I'm hearing they're going to hit the international market."

Tennessee Going Portalling In Spring?

"You bet your bippy. Tennessee's #1 position of need is a big forward. Right now it appears that the Vols are going to have somewhere between 3-5 openings in the spring depending on what Jonas and Freddie do. 3 seniors plus DJ Jefferson = 4 spots for sure.

They're taking one project big guy, plus Bishop Boswell (a top 60 player PG who will apprentice under ZZ). If Aidoo comes back Tennessee will have him along with Awaka and Estrella vying for minutes. This staff loves JP.

Tennessee will need a 2 after they add a 4. Tennessee is poised to go after a top #4 in the portal. The hope is to find a replacement for Josiah then watch what's going to happen with Jonas. On the off guard, Tennessee might need someone to play Vesco's role. Could that be Gainey? Could it be Freddie? Tennessee is absolutely going to go for some front-line guys to keep this roster fortified heading into 2024-25."
So, the 🦒may enter the draft ? Very interesting

VN Store

Back