2024 Target List

If McCarty is signing with us, our staff is currently unaware of that. I’ve heard our highest priority is a developed shooting two from the portal, and there are specific players who’ve reached out. I’m not ruling out McCarty (or Pharaoh) coming, but it’s still behind a curtain as far as staff is concerned. Boswell was done a week before he committed. No such clarity here.

If McCarty is signing with us, our staff is currently unaware of that. I’ve heard our highest priority is a developed shooting two from the portal, and there are specific players who’ve reached out. I’m not ruling out McCarty (or Pharaoh) coming, but it’s still behind a curtain as far as staff is concerned. Boswell was done a week before he committed. No such clarity here.
Basically Boswell is it from high school ranks this recruiting year?

So, perhaps Basilio was on to something when he suggested that Boswell was the only HS commitment we would be taking in the fall signing period?

Reactions: Stoerner Fumbles
So, perhaps Basilio was on to something when he suggested that Boswell was the only HS commitment we would be taking in the fall signing period?
I didn’t know he said that, but the premise isn’t outrageous. I do think it’s possible that McCarty is a true last minute decision, but that isn’t the normal MO for our commitments. I’ve heard Barnes’ take is that the addition of Knecht has liberated the offense in a way that makes him want to repeat that. They want experienced shooters to pair with the developing point and post talent we have. Not a good answer to your question about Basilio, but more color.

I didn’t know he said that, but the premise isn’t outrageous. I do think it’s possible that McCarty is a true last minute decision, but that isn’t the normal MO for our commitments. I’ve heard Barnes’ take is that the addition of Knecht has liberated the offense in a way that makes him want to repeat that. They want experienced shooters to pair with the developing point and post talent we have. Not a good answer to your question about Basilio, but more color.
I was kind of thinking something similar to this earlier.

Barnes getting his guy at PG too coach/mold how he wants, and focusing on getting another 2-3 guy from the portal for an immediate need.

Is McCarty a done deal to Houston ? ... and if not, are the Vols probably still out of it ? .... or we gotta chance ?

I still think it's fate that I was working in Huntsville when this kid visited UT, kinda out of the blue and we get him. But, more than likely I'm wrong, again

Reactions: knoxvol52
He’s saying “Houston, we have a problem.”
Gotcha. I thought it was literal, I’m like Barnes continues to churn out Top 10 rosters, 6 months ago folks were acting like the world was ending, now they’re saying this is a Final Four roster….he has proven he deserves patience and trust and to see the final product imo.

Gotcha. I thought it was literal, I’m like Barnes continues to churn out Top 10 rosters, 6 months ago folks were acting like the world was ending, now they’re saying this is a Final Four roster….he has proven he deserves patience and trust and to see the final product imo.

No, he was making a bad joke lol. And I knew the moment he posted it some people wouldn’t get it.

McCarty and Compton off the board now. Guess we really are just going to take 1 HS recruit and work the portal this year.

I hate Kentucky, so much. But, you can right now, make a team of Wildcats, in the NBA, that would be the hands down favorite to win The Finals, imo
They’d certainly be the deepest team

SGA
Jamal Murray
Devin Booker
AD
KAT

Fox
Maxey
Keldon Johnson
Julius Randle
Bam

Immanuel Quickly