2024 Recruiting Thread

I never said that kellie should recruit from TN alone we all know that wouldn't work out well, reread my post. Facts are facts and the fact is in the 23, 24, 25 and 26 class EVERY SINGLE KID IS RANKED that was my only point.
There are a few and I mean a few kids in TN that are just as good or heck maybe even better position for position than the ranked kids she offered, they might actually consider TN.
In 23 there are maybe 2 left that could possible choose TN. I don't see us getting any of the 24s she has offered.
JMO. I know several of them
I do know that a top kid in a state would not be let go so easy if they were in any other state besides TN. (There are many many examples)
Perfect example there is a Kid who just signed at KY she was suppose to be a phenom in KY but if she had been in TN she would of been overlooked 100% because she doesn't fit the typical kind of kid TN likes to recruit.

Reactions: PRG
Brooklin Miles was not ranked Marta Suarez not ranked ….. Emily was ranked 100 but not ranked by anyone else . Tess was ranked very low and some on this board were calling for Kellie’s head ! Just Saying

When Kellie took over the program she had to RE RECRUIT Jordan our only AA McDonalds player …… now we have FOUR McDonalds AA players three years later …… I say let the coaches KEEP CLIMBING that rankings and get us some more AA’s ! JMO

Several years ago Tennessee had six high school players ranked in the top 60 and Holly took Jasmine and no one else ? I won’t go into where she ended up but someone on this forum called me out for thinking Tennessee kids should not be considered by Tennessee because they were after high ranked players! And just because they are Tennessee kids doesn’t give them any consideration? Just Saying? 🤷‍♂️

“We don’t have to sign every Tennessee recruit.”

“There are drawbacks to local talent.”

“The best players are not always from Tennessee.”

“There is nothing magical in Tennessee water that makes a player better than ones from out of state .”
I won’t give these posters call numbers but you know who you are ! These Tennessee kids were top 60 and NOT GOOD ENOUGH! So it’s not all about Kellie ….. there’s plenty of support for the highest ranked players you can get ……. Just Saying
Seems a few of your examples were in years past when CKH had no equity recruiting and had to take players, like Miles and Suarez (international player so would she be ranked). To me she has a chance to put her stamp on recruiting by getting Cambridge, if she gets her after having time to build a relationship over the years then she might have a chance. If she cannot somehow secure her in a year that she needs to make progress on the court/tournament then it could be a interesting time moving forward. I'll always be in any sport, take care of your own yard before you branch out. Those years that are fruitful, you better be in a position to land the lions share.

Last edited:
I never said that kellie should recruit from TN alone we all know that wouldn't work out well, reread my post. Facts are facts and the fact is in the 23, 24, 25 and 26 class EVERY SINGLE KID IS RANKED that was my only point.
There are a few and I mean a few kids in TN that are just as good or heck maybe even better position for position than the ranked kids she offered, they might actually consider TN.
In 23 there are maybe 2 left that could possible choose TN. I don't see us getting any of the 24s she has offered.
JMO. I know several of them
I do know that a top kid in a state would not be let go so easy if they were in any other state besides TN. (There are many many examples)
Perfect example there is a Kid who just signed at KY she was suppose to be a phenom in KY but if she had been in TN she would of been overlooked 100% because she doesn't fit the typical kind of kid TN likes to recruit.

Sorry for getting on the soap box ….: just pointing out the blue hairs (as they are called ) 🤔. But ranked players seem to be the answers to how you are recruiting????? I mentioned the Tennessee girls because I wrote down all of the snide remark’s I got when we had 6 players ranked from Tennessee….. which will never happen again ! I thought Holly should have gotten at least two or more Tennessee kids ! But you would have thought I was asking Holly to go beneath her high talented recruits? I’ll mention Darth ( one of my favorite complainer’s) and Kellie haters …. Justine gave us a verbal commitment and no one knew she existed!
All the nega Vols were slandering Kellie for such a low ranked player at #35..,,, Of course since then she moved up to #11 and then all you could hear was crickets…. Rankings mean a lot to some people but I like to be my own judge !
Plenty of examples on UT ‘s teams…. Rae was not ranked high and neither was Key …. But both will play in the WNBA….. Just Saying

Tess and Edie Darby? I think she may very well offer some lower-ranked recruits but she might want to see some of their Junior season film before extending an offer. They also need to fit a need. She might be willing to reach more for a PG with upside or a post that has the measurables but needs development.

I believe this is why Edie was asked to walk on !
A point guard with 3 point skills…,..🤔

Sorry for getting on the soap box ….: just pointing out the blue hairs (as they are called ) 🤔. But ranked players seem to be the answers to how you are recruiting????? I mentioned the Tennessee girls because I wrote down all of the snide remark’s I got when we had 6 players ranked from Tennessee….. which will never happen again ! I thought Holly should have gotten at least two or more Tennessee kids ! But you would have thought I was asking Holly to go beneath her high talented recruits? I’ll mention Darth ( one of my favorite complainer’s) and Kellie haters …. Justine gave us a verbal commitment and no one knew she existed!
All the nega Vols were slandering Kellie for such a low ranked player at #35..,,, Of course since then she moved up to #11 and then all you could hear was crickets…. Rankings mean a lot to some people but I like to be my own judge !
Plenty of examples on UT ‘s teams…. Rae was not ranked high and neither was Key …. But both will play in the WNBA….. Just Saying
Right. Tamari was ranked 45 and Rae 43 and both to the W. Some mock drafts have Tamari as the number 3 pick right now. I mean Hollingshed was ranked number 37, Sara 43, Karolyn 45, Kyia 62, Brooklyn 100, and Tess and Marta didn't have rankings. Look at the value Brooklyn brought to the court for this team last year. We lose some games that we won last year without her. Southern Illinois & Central Florida comes to mind. Both Tess and Marta played huge roles for this team when healthy and played them pretty well. Kellie has a lot of versatility on this year's team, but she also has a lot of players that can Do 1 or 2 things extremely well. I think Kellie is looking for a lot more than just the number next to the player's name. I think she is looking for how the player she recruits can bring value to the team both on the court and culturally.

If it weren't for the "blue hairs" Tennessee wouldn't have one of the most loyal, eager-and-willing-to-travel-far-distances-to-support-their-team fan bases in all of women's sport. It's those "blue hairs" who have the time to go to games and the funds to buy season tickets. And it'll likely be primarily "blue hairs" who will gladly shell out the money to support the NIL program.

Folks who are blessed to get to go to games at TBA know how knowledgeable they are about the game, too!

Last edited:
Right. Tamari was ranked 45 and Rae 43 and both to the W. Some mock drafts have Tamari as the number 3 pick right now. I mean Hollingshed was ranked number 37, Sara 43, Karolyn 45, Kyia 62, Brooklyn 100, and Tess and Marta didn't have rankings. Look at the value Brooklyn brought to the court for this team last year. We lose some games that we won last year without her. Southern Illinois & Central Florida comes to mind. Both Tess and Marta played huge roles for this team when healthy and played them pretty well. Kellie has a lot of versatility on this year's team, but she also has a lot of players that can Do 1 or 2 things extremely well. I think Kellie is looking for a lot more than just the number next to the player's name. I think she is looking for how the player she recruits can bring value to the team both on the court and culturally.

Since our 2021 class of Puckett, Strickland , Wynn, and Miles were rated a top 15 class of recruits! Now we have added Hollingshead ranked #37…… I believe this class is now a top 10 ! Just Saying

We say it all the time...rankings really don't matter unless we are talking about the best of the best for each class. The rest is player motivation, coaching, and team chemistry (those three things can also be a reason top players DON'T develop as well). Miles is the perfect example of a "lower ranked" player who chose the right program for herself and has put in the work to get better. I trust this staff. They know what they are doing.

Rhyne Howard is a prime example of how off the rankings can be as well. She was number 32 out of high school, only to become the WNBA's rookie of the year this past year and the primary reason Kentucky won and SEC tournament championship last March. Kellie and Crew evaluate and reevaluate talent. As it stands now, there are still 10 of the top 30 players in hoopgurlz that have not committed. Judea Watkins is now the number 1 ranked player in the class and there are 3 post players left uncommitted 6-6 or taller in the top 50. If I remember right, Tamari Key was ranked #45 and she has worked out pretty well.

Since our 2021 class of Puckett, Strickland , Wynn, and Miles were rated a top 15 class of recruits! Now we have added Hollingshead ranked #37…… I believe this class is now a top 10 ! Just Saying
Marta is now also classified as a sophomore too, but should have 4 years of eligibility left with her covid year due to redshirting last year.

Reactions: PRG
ESPN has updated their rankings. Tennessee girl Jaloni Cambridge is now #1!!

2024 offers:

1. Imari Berry (32)
2. Mikayla Blakes (21)
3. Jaloni Cambridge (1)
4. Justice Carlton (3)
5. Morgan Cheli (18)
6. Kendall Dudley (13) didn't make top 10
7. Joyce Edwards (2)
8. Jordan Lee (15)
9. Tahj Monet-Bloom (38)
10. Olivia Olsen (7) To Michigan
11. Taliyah Parker (22)
12. Bryanna Preston (44)
13. Arianna Roberson (29)
14. Blanca Thomas (9)
15. Ava Grace Watson (45)

2024 offers:

1. Imari Berry (32)
2. Mikayla Blakes (21)
3. Jaloni Cambridge (1)
4. Justice Carlton (3)
5. Morgan Cheli (18)
7. Joyce Edwards (2)
8. Jordan Lee (15)
9. Tahj Monet-Bloom (38)
11. Taliyah Parker (22)
12. Bryanna Preston (44)
14. Blanca Thomas (9)
What a recruiting win it would be for Harper to somehow convince Jaloni to come to Tennessee!!!!

You want some of these top players better have NIL money they are all asking for it and looks like the highest bidders will be their finalist.

From what I understand,negative recruiting has swayed her away..hope not!
She’s not coming here, that’s the reason why I said it’ll be a huge recruiting win. It’s really unfortunate that she’s as good as she is and just doesn’t want to be at Tennessee and she’s a Tennessee girl! Thankfully Dangerfield primmed us, so hopefully this won’t sting as much.

Reactions: Peas29
She’s not coming here, that’s the reason why I said it’ll be a huge recruiting win. It’s really unfortunate that she’s as good as she is and just doesn’t want to be at Tennessee and she’s a Tennessee girl! Thankfully Dangerfield primmed us, so hopefully this won’t sting as much.

A lot of people would have signed her other sister just to have a shot at her. UT didn't do that.

Some people just don't want to stay where they live. This may be a case of she wants to get out of TN and try something OR maybe in the next year she will have a change of heart and want to stay who knows...

NIL also comes into play so if there is a sponsor who wants to keep this young lady in TN they better start ponying up lol

Puckett seems to be the star of the class although we haven't seen enough of Marta. The player with the most upside is Wynn by far she has the athletic ability to be a great player if she can develop basketball skills. Hope to see a huge jump for Striplin this season she was rated ahead of Puckett by many when in high school hope she shows a lot more this season.

2024 offers:

1. Imari Berry (32)
2. Mikayla Blakes (21)
3. Jaloni Cambridge (1)
4. Justice Carlton (3)
5. Morgan Cheli (18)
7. Joyce Edwards (2)
8. Jordan Lee (15)
9. Tahj Monet-Bloom (38)
11. Taliyah Parker (22)
12. Bryanna Preston (44)
14. Blanca Thomas (9)
I hope we got more than this 15 players that we are recruiting. Cause here is the dilemma all these players have at least 50 offers and we'll certainly get in some of their top 5 teams then need to go full throttle NIL and everything and get them here as early commits or move on to someone else. How many players did we get in the top four or five in 2023 and how many came here? The sad thing is all the 2023 players drug out their commits and we kept pursuing them. I think you got to either get them to lock down early or move on to others cause here we are in 2023 with no where to go expect the portal.

VN Store

Back