2024 Recruiting Thread

@37620VOL and @Orange Maniac It's OK to have different interpretation. But can I point out that the definition does not say the organization has to have an 'official' connection. It just have to be focused on 'promoting the university's athletic programs'. And note the word 'or' in the section on assisting in the recruitment of a prospective athlete. But like you say. It's just my interpretation and the reason for my initial post is I wouldn't want @Coach Jumper to get in trouble. All good.

Appreciate the concern "Need", but I have been in this game for 41 years now. I am careful in my seemingly heedlessness. I am a coach, and being so I am used to being mindful of players, parents, fans, refs, and the other team all at once. I take other's offense and turn it into my own weapons... Can do the same thing with any situation

I will give you an example.

One poster recently said that I could be the reason that Madi was not being offered,,,,To such an proposal I would say,,,So you are telling me that I can dictate any of the prospects I come into contact with and if I promote any of them I can dictate UT's course and decision by proxy, thus, if I don't want a particular recruit, all I have to do to negate her is to promote her,,,You've given me a lot of power and influence. . . .Thank you.

You see, Need,,,It is next to impossible to out-game a gamer.
But like I said, thanks for your concern

Reactions: NeedOrange
Orange Maniac, I believe if we have two players who can be counted on to be consistent scorers from mid-range, and even just one who can be a constant, consistent threat to hit from three, we’ll have a good shot at making a deep run at the end of the season.

With the personnel Kellie has, opportunities to score down low should already be plentiful, but I truly believe this group can raise a lot of eyebrows if the many fast-breaks we should get can often end as easy pull-up jumpers from mid-range instead of offensive fouls underneath.

Her team played 5A Farragut today. She was guarded often by Ace Strickland,,,,Madi dropped 17 on them....The kid's gonna be something...BTW Ace scored 6 on Madi and 9 overall
Wow... and Farragut is a TOP contender for state i hear... Ace Strickland is a senior this year I think and I believe she is committed already. I cant remember where (someone help me out) sounds like madi played on both sides of the ball today

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Wow... and Farragut is a TOP contender for state i hear... Ace Strickland is a senior this year I think and I believe she is committed already. I cant remember where (someone help me out) sounds like madi played on both sides of the ball today
West Virginia

Ace is going to W Va.

I have known Madi for over a year now and we are just tipping the ice-berg on how good she can be.
Stay tuned,,,,

Orange Maniac, I believe if we have two players who can be counted on to be consistent scorers from mid-range, and even just one who can be a constant, consistent threat to hit from three, we’ll have a good shot at making a deep run at the end of the season.

With the personnel Kellie has, opportunities to score down low should already be plentiful, but I truly believe this group can raise a lot of eyebrows if the many fast-breaks we should get can often end as easy pull-up jumpers from mid-range instead of offensive fouls underneath.

This is where Sara Puckett will shine most...Her midrange game is as good as her penetration game and she can hit the three...she may end up being our best "mobile" shooter

Ace is going to W Va.

I have known Madi for over a year now and we are just tipping the ice-berg on how good she can be.
Stay tuned,,,,

Coach, like her body control and change of direction into her shot. What is your view of her relatively low release point paired with little lift on her mid range jumper in the video? Is the lift just her half speed drill approach meaning she gets a lot more lift when full speed?

Reactions: 007Racer
Coach, like her body control and change of direction into her shot. What is your view of her relatively low release point paired with little lift on her mid range jumper in the video? Is the lift just her half speed drill approach meaning she gets a lot more lift when full speed?

good call and already noted

I do not alter a 3 point shot unless the girl is very big and strong, bc most of the time a 3 is out of a female shooters strength-comfort-zone and has to be altered just to get there consistently,,,Most of the time with a deep shot it is best to let them do what they do well, even if bad mechanics...The same is not true for mid-range shots....Any shot taken inside of the arc should be taken with a traditional high release. At least the temple and I even like the Larry Bird "top of the head release"

images

and yes, lift is often sacrificed during practices. Most players don't realize that muscle-memory is more than just the shot, it is the whole process of mechanics...when I start working with her on mid-range, I will teach her what I call "chirp and flow" (Chirp is the sound that the shoes make when going into a full gather for a jumper and flow being the flow of the movement/energy (like water), that begins in the feet and culminates with the release of the shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: youcancallmeAl
15 uncommitted women's college basketball prospects to watch this summer

"Thomas is a true big with length and the skills to make her potentially elite. She has good hands and can move well laterally. She plays the game with an awareness and with the intention to leave her mark.

In the paint, she changes a lot of shots with her presence as a shot-blocking threat. She runs the floor well and has shown she can sprint, catch and finish. Coming off a season in which she averaged 18 points, 14 rebounds and seven blocks, this summer will serve as an opportunity to improve her rebounding efforts out of area and defensive techniques off the ball, as well as play with some contact offensively.

Many Big Ten and Pac-12 teams have been recruiting her, and she also holds offers from Ole Miss, West Virginia, Virginia Tech and Western Carolina."
15 uncommitted women's college basketball prospects to watch this summer."

VN Store

Back