2024 Recruiting Thread

You know, CP3, I try to be patient,,,but when a poster submarines a player they din't even know and talks like someone in the org actually knows them (but doesn't),,,it gets me riled up.

And that's not just with Madi,,,I have been called "white knight" for Jordan H, and other players several times,,,,don't care...I am a coach and they are players. Not my players, but players nonetheless....They go through tough times and dedicate their young lives towards a goal only to have some jack-leg try to de-fuse them.

What a "punk" thing to do.

Madi dreams of playing for the Lady Vols and I am proud to work with a girl with such aspirations,,,whether bigLadyvol wants her to make it or not.

Punk!

Is it you think that the poster is saying she doesn’t have the talent level to be an asset to TN? I am just trying to understand the convo since it seems to be taking over this thread.

i thought they were saying she fits ISUs style more because of her ability to shoot and that’s a little bit more of the big12 style. You’ve worked with her so you get if she can handle the physicality of the SEC (she also has a few years to grow and mature).

I am just trying to understand because i don’t see the attack on Madi. She is coming along and if she keeps being a top kid she will have her pick of schools

Is it you think that the poster is saying she doesn’t have the talent level to be an asset to TN? I am just trying to understand the convo since it seems to be taking over this thread.

i thought they were saying she fits ISUs style more because of her ability to shoot and that’s a little bit more of the big12 style. You’ve worked with her so you get if she can handle the physicality of the SEC (she also has a few years to grow and mature).

I am just trying to understand because i don’t see the attack on Madi. She is coming along and if she keeps being a top kid she will have her pick of schools

Look back on his posts and see his intentions

And @Rickster
1623691008112.gif

There was no “ATTACK” on Jumpers player. Just someone offering their opinion that happens to be different from Jumpers. We’ve seen this time and time again.

So u seen "this time and time again".. but u never seem few ppl saying insulting words to others when they don't like what the person said? My comment was based on what I've seen or read not that this one is bad... I've made comment in the past and someone wrote "shut up and go away".

We are one fan, one goal, all lady vols... With that said, everyone has there own opinion and we should respect that. Good comments or bad, Respect is the key...

Sisaq,I always enjoy your perspective in your posts. Respect is the key,but should be earned,not assumed by all. Please continue your contributions and love for the Lady Vols.

I agree the thread should be about ALL PROSPECTIVE 2024 recruits, whether they have an offer or not is irrelevant honestly esp if this is a site to voice opinion on possible future lady vols. I think the reason madi is so highly talked about on this thread is BC she is literally right in the Lady vols back yard, wants to be a lady vol (from what I can gather) and is a TOP recruit in this class all these things make her a very interesting and intriguing prospect.
What would be a kick in the gut is TN wait to long to jump on this kid and then finally offer and her decided to go somewhere else bc of the slow play.. like the BIG 12

this 2024 thread has become just about Madi a player that doesnt have an offer yet...why not discuss the other that currently do
As far as in State players ; We lost crystal Dangerfield to Connecticut and now she's in the WNBA. We lost another one to Kentucky who is a first-teamer. We lost Carly to Alabama. I'm not going to sit back and watch this lose another one that I feel is going to be a great one and do nothing.

As far as in State players ; We lost crystal Dangerfield to Connecticut and now she's in the WNBA. We lost another one to Kentucky who is a first-teamer. We lost Carly to Alabama. I'm not going to sit back and watch this lose another one that I feel is going to be a great one and do nothing.
Jaloni Cambridge is in our backyard too

I'm not going to sit back and watch this lose another one that I feel is going to be a great one and do nothing.
200w.gif

I trust CKH to not let anymore in state talent slip thru our fingers. MHawk seems to be a great talent with lots of potential. We all can fight back and forth whether she will be offered but in the end we have absolutely no say. We also have no say in whether she chooses the Lady Vols or not, I expect and hope she will do what is best for her and her education.
Coach J, I know you take this personal as you know the young lady. NOBODY on this forum has any power to make or take an offer and if the coaches even come on here for recruiting info, other than a laugh, we have way more troubles in Knoxville. I would advise her to be patient and enjoy the ride. Life goes by fast enough and your never promised tomorrow work hard and fight for what you want the details will work themselves out. IMO she will get an offer but I'm a nobody.

What exactly do you purport to do if Madi doesn't get an offer? Ultimately, it's Kellie who is deciding what the team needs are, and she will recruit to fill those needs.
If this so call coach jumper is such great coach of players look at hawk film smooth shooter good ball skills and good passer. Her being 5ft 10 is not a problem but she has a smaller frame. What I see in sec you don't have alot teams that have a traditional shooter some do but the systems are really situational and sec is physical athletic and different. Look at her film watch iowa state or most of mid west schools she truly is really good fit for them chance be star. Its not bad thing just my opinion. She can go wherever she wants. I personally don't think jumper is good for any recruit jmo. MY QUESTION FOR JUMBER. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN GYM WITH HAWK? IF SO good if not stop acting like you know everything bro.

I trust CKH to not let anymore in state talent slip thru our fingers. MHawk seems to be a great talent with lots of potential. We all can fight back and forth whether she will be offered but in the end we have absolutely no say. We also have no say in whether she chooses the Lady Vols or not, I expect and hope she will do what is best for her and her education.
Coach J, I know you take this personal as you know the young lady. NOBODY on this forum has any power to make or take an offer and if the coaches even come on here for recruiting info, other than a laugh, we have way more troubles in Knoxville. I would advise her to be patient and enjoy the ride. Life goes by fast enough and your never promised tomorrow work hard and fight for what you want the details will work themselves out. IMO she will get an offer but I'm a nobody.

Kellie has some tough decisions to make every recruiting class. Her success is judged by winning but she needs the players to do it. She is also the one who has to further develop the players with the help of her staff so she has little margin for error in choosing the best players for limited slots. I can see the wisdom of holding offers for certain players while not offering others but I'm not the one whose job rides on getting the right players and getting them to play. No one on this site can cause anyone to get an offer and all this advertising is kinda silly when you think of it. Kellie does not need anyone getting in the middle of recruiting regardless of intentions.

As far as 2024s, Jaloni Cambridge, Nashville, TN is the one I most hope signs with TN. Don't want any more top 5 players to leave the state.
I agree with that. We need her but I have a hunch TN will not be her chosen school.... I am praying she will decide to be a lady vol 🙏

Reactions: mcannon1
No one on this site can cause anyone to get an offer and all this advertising is kinda silly when you think of it.

It is. I've been fortunate enough to know some basketball coaches over the years, both AAU and high school, some of whom had ties to the program. As a result, I'd occasionally get to hear how prior staffs felt about certain issues or to learn an interesting tidbit. Nothing earth shattering, but I digress. Point is, one thing I can say is that not a one of them would have posted on a message board about their players. Or anyone's players for that matter. I think it was mainly being protective of those players, but also both a bit of professional courtesy and the fact they had enough to deal with as it was -- message boards just represented more drama. Now, they would certainly mention potential recruits they'd seen, but that was communicated through their contacts or in person. Never in a public setting. Eh. At least, that was always my experience.

As far as 2024s, Jaloni Cambridge, Nashville, TN is the one I most hope signs with TN. Don't want any more top 5 players to leave the state.

This, by far. It's not often you have a program-changing player like this one in your backyard. Try not to screw this up Kellie...

Reactions: mcannon1
You just saw the class NC put together for this year...Now look at who they are interested in...So, all this attention must not be hurting her as much as assumed.

And yes, I have been in a gym with Madi and she will be in a gym with me weekly, for the next two months, starting on the 24th,,along with several other top local talent.

No one on this board knows me personally so no one on this board can opine on me properly. No one here knows who I know and who knows me. And none of you have seen me coach in practice or game,,,,so the only thing you know re Coach Jumper....Is, nothing

What exactly do you purport to do if Madi doesn't get an offer? Ultimately, it's Kellie who is deciding what the team needs are, and she will recruit to fill those needs.

read it again:

I'm not going to sit back and watch this (UT) lose another one that I feel is going to be a great one and do nothing.

There is no threat of action if they don't offer her,,,,there is though, a grantee, that I will do what is within my power to try to prevent that from happening.

VN Store

Back