2024 Presidential Race

I'm pretty certain the democrats want to give Ukraine money more than conservatives. Who am I kidding? That's just the divide amongst us plebes that vote. Our uni party is lockstep hand-in-hand funding both wars.
Sure that's correct now but are we looking at the whole tab for Israel?

I've also never heard a dem push spending cuts. At least they're honest about that

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Sure that's correct now but are we looking at the whole tab for Israel?

I've also never heard a dem push spending cuts. At least they're honest about that
I think dual citizenship is an issue. We have no laws preventing anyone with dual citizenship from holding elected office, so long as they've met US citizenship requirements for elected office.

There are a few elected officials like Bernie Sanders and Chuck Schumer with eligibility(jewish/Israel they would have to opt in) who have publicly stated they don't have dual citizenship. Maybe a few more like Ted Cruz (Canadian) who renounced their other citizenship to make a point about loyalty.

Those three are outliers. All we can do is speculate about our(we have a plethora) elected officials eligible for various dual citizenship.

To make it simple (yeah right) in my perfect world, we need an amendment requiring renouncing of dual citizenship for elected officials.

I think dual citizenship is an issue. We have no laws preventing anyone with dual citizenship from holding elected office, so long as they've met US citizenship requirements for elected office.

There are a few elected officials like Bernie Sanders and Chuck Schumer with eligibility(jewish/Israel they would have to opt in) who have publicly stated they don't have dual citizenship. Maybe a few more like Ted Cruz (Canadian) who renounced their other citizenship to make a point about loyalty.

Those three are outliers. All we can do is speculate about our(we have a plethora) elected officials eligible for various dual citizenship.

To make it simple (yeah right) in my perfect world, we need an amendment requiring renouncing of dual citizenship for elected officials.

We should do away with dual citizenship all together, few countries allow it and we shouldn't either.

No issue with that. Seems like it would definitely lead to divided loyalties

Reactions: MemphisVol77
We should do away with dual citizenship all together, few countries allow it and we shouldn't either.
Why not? I have a US citizenship and acquired dual citizenship for the purposes of obtaining access to lower cost, and often higher grade, medical services.

I don't quite understand why we need to give Israel money when they have a First World Economy and are pretty successful as a nation.

That being said, it sounds great on paper to say "don't give money to anyone" but I feel like it is too simplistic of an answer in that outside money often services diplomatic or political purposes for us.

I get the isolationist argument but what we do impacts the entire world and has blowback on us and our economy. Many of these nations overseas serve as stable markets for us to sale our products and sometimes also lower cost options for us to purchase products. If the system breaks down, companies (and the economy) over here feels the pinch and guess what, we are then paying all that money and more on welfare/unemployment for the multitudes of people that are laid off.

A passport. I'd really like to see an example of someone with insufficient ID getting past TSA.
I did once. Forgot my license as I had to scan it in for something and left it on our scanner. This was probably like 2009 so post-9/11. I didn’t catch it until at the airport with no time to go home and get the ID. They seriously let me on the plane using my selective service card that I forgot I even had in my wallet. I had no photo ID at all. Agreed the story is likely nonsense but that’s my one and only example.

Reactions: EasternVol
Glass houses.
Don't understand why anyone would point out the diminishing mental capacity of one candidate, when the other is just as bad.

Can this country ever get back to discussing issues that matter and platforms with potential new ideas and solutions??
I applaud your consistency.

Trump appeals to uncivilized, uneducated people. The Earls. You seriously have to be stupid and uncivilized to turn up to listen to him ramble nonsensically for 40 minutes, insulting people, making crass comments and just acting like juvenile ass. A nearly 80 year old man who still has the personality of a 14-year-old jerk.
You really need to read your own posts. All you do is post fake crap and insult people. At least I know you’re trolling as no one can be as gullible as you are.

VN Store

Back