2024 Presidential Race

Imagine the thought process. If we just adds more agents Wes haves more monies
Not to mention the blatant lies about where that revenue will come from….

They were already forced to admit that the audit rates for the new audits performed by the 87k wouldn’t change.

The 87k would audit people making under $400k at the exact same rate they always have - the majority of the time.

Not to mention the blatant lies about where that revenue will come from….

They were already forced to admit that the audit rates for the new audits performed by the 87k wouldn’t change.

The 87k would audit people making under $400k at the exact same rate they always have - the majority of the time.

Just a reminder, the 87,000 is not the number that the IRS is going to hire. It's the number they could hire if they dedicated the entire amount to agents.

The real number is much, much lower since a big chunk of that budget was related to update the mid 20th century technology....

Just a reminder, the 87,000 is not the number that the IRS is going to hire. It's the number they could hire if they dedicated the entire amount to agents.

The real number is much, much lower since a big chunk of that budget was related to update the mid 20th century technology....
Yes, I realize you view it as an attack on your industry.

How many 1,000’s of new IRS agents are we going to get to audit people making under $400k?

Yes, I realize you view it as an attack on your industry.

How many 1,000’s of new IRS agents are we going to get to audit people making under $400k?

I dont view it as an attack but where I see gaps on the other end of the table. I also see the regurgitation of the 87,000 number as just as repeating false, party lines...

W2 employees making less than 400K are the lowest risk profile for the IRS. Very few employees will be used for that segment.

I'd say they can enforce the heck out of the risk high areas (PPP and ERC fraud). Everyone knows where the money is and its not with the under 400K W2 filers...

The technology is obsolete.

Call center response is non-existent without a contact

I dont view it as an attack but where I see gaps on the other end of the table. I also see the regurgitation of the 87,000 number as just as repeating false, party lines...

W2 employees making less than 400K are the lowest risk profile for the IRS. Very few employees will be used for that segment.

I'd say they can enforce the heck out of the risk high areas (PPP and ERC fraud).

The technology is obsolete.

Call center response is non-existent without a contact
They’ve already stated the new audits will be at the same historical rates.

Are the majority of the audits not on people making less than $400k?

Vs a baseline from 10 years ago.

How many new from the possible 87,000?

25K increase from year before IRA. Most of the 25K was backfilling retirements..

They have spent $2 billion so far from IRA (Y1). Most has been on IT consultants/outside experts for litigation. About 750 million over prior budget has been spent on hiring and bulk of that is call center and not enforcement.

25K increase from year before IRA. Most of the 25K was backfilling retirements..

They have spent $2 billion so far from IRA (Y1). Most has been on IT consultants/outside experts for litigation. About 750 million over prior budget has been spent on hiring and bulk of that is call center and not enforcement.
25,000 new IRS Agents auditing. Just what Dr ordered.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Republicans had a chance to get rid of the vile gangster--who almost everyone in his previous administration now opposes and says he's completely unfit for any political office, and his wife hates him because he smells bad (fact)--but the best they could do was....Ron DeSantis. Oh, my! But the guy who used DeSantis's own rules to get rid of bibles.....brilliant.

Republicans had a chance to get rid of the vile gangster--who almost everyone in his previous administration now opposes and says he's completely unfit for any political office, and his wife hates him because he smells bad (fact)--but the best they could do was....Ron DeSantis. Oh, my! But the guy who used DeSantis's own rules to get rid of bibles.....brilliant.

I think you bicycle safety helmet is on too tight this morning

I like the idea of student loan repayments... HOWEVER

I think the Universities should fit the bill and not the government. They let the students down and couldn't find them jobs. They should pay off the loans. I don't care if half of them close over it.
No matter how it's paid off, they are still worthless degrees, and the "students" are stuck with that forever.

Reactions: Vol737
Spin it however you like: People with college degrees do much better than those without. Of course that's not to say that everybody with a college degree does well and makes a lot of money: I know people with degrees, smart people, who've not done that well--owing to their own job decisions, lack of ambition, working for small, crappy family firms, divorces, other issues. But I know many more people who've done well or extremely well. And of course there are many people without college degrees who do well enough--or even extremely well if they're, say digital wizards--see the founders of Microsoft and Facebook. It's not solely about getting a better job: it's also expanding and broadening your mind, learning how to think and analyze information, becoming a more polished and civilized individual. PLUS: if you got to college, you'll HAVE to learn how to spell a small word that means 'additionally'---"too." A word that I've seen botched a hundred times on these boards!
It depends on the degree... that's the point.

My college degree has as well…. It was still a scam…. Having to take a bunch of classes that have absolutely nothing to do with my field of study…. They need to revamp the entire system.
Give student loans bankrupt capability and that will solve the problem. Who would lend money for a degree that will more than likely result in not getting paid? It will return higher education to actually being meaningful education.

VN Store

Back