2024 NBA Season Thread aka The Zion High Deductible Healthcare Plan

I honestly don't watch the TNT crew. With how much I have sports on, I can't imagine subjecting my wife and family to hours of studio shows (open concept. den flows into kitchen and dining room) every week, but I'm sad this will no longer be a thing. Ernie won't leave TNT and I am not sure Shaq, Chuck, and Kenny are doing it without him.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I honestly don't watch the TNT crew. With how much I have sports on, I can't imagine subjecting my wife and family to hours of studio shows (open concept. den flows into kitchen and dining room) every week, but I'm sad this will no longer be a thing. Ernie won't leave TNT and I am not sure Shaq, Chuck, and Kenny are doing it without him.
Barkley may go to work for NBC.

Barkley may go to work for NBC.

I am excited about NBC having it. I loved the NBA on NBC in the 90's. I remember in HS I'd go to church and we had to take care of the little old ladies who didn't make it that Sunday. You'd just go to their houses and check on them, basically. The Jazz would be on one of their TVs on NBC, just teasing me, knowing I have 5 more stops before I can go home and watch (and it's already the 4th quarter).

It feels like the NBA belongs on NBC.

I am excited about NBC having it. I loved the NBA on NBC in the 90's. I remember in HS I'd go to church and we had to take care of the little old ladies who didn't make it that Sunday. You'd just go to their houses and check on them, basically. The Jazz would be on one of their TVs on NBC, just teasing me, knowing I have 5 more stops before I can go home and watch (and it's already the 4th quarter).

It feels like the NBA belongs on NBC.
First I watched was on CBS with Musburger and Heinsohn calling the games but yes NBC was meant to have the NBA just as i believe ABC should have MLB playoffs.

Dick Stockton also called games on CBS.

Last edited:
Hopefully NBC uses the same intro music. My earliest memories of the NBA is watching the 97 finals on NBC. The nostalgia will hit hard

So much parity in the league these days. Mavs and Pacers missed the playoffs last year and Wolves were bounced in round 1. Shows how quick things can change in this league

Let me guess you prefer Mark Jackson and Stan Van Gundy.

Nothing no better than hearing."Hand down, Man down" 40 times a game.

Not MJ, but I do like SVG (and JVG).

I think Mark Jackson had one of the greatest lines of all time, tho,

"Momma named him Klay. I'mma call him 'dunked on.'"

VN Store

Back