2024 NBA Season Thread aka The Zion High Deductible Healthcare Plan

Luka had a 37.1 % usage rate in his first playoff. He did over 40 in the next two playoffs. He was incredible all 3 years but needed a lot of luck* to get to 2-2 on his playoff series record and reach his first conference final.

Now, he's wounded, inefficient, with a usage rate at just 31.3%. and this is the scariest playoff team the Mavs have had.

Team ball is just better.

*Role players shot the mfkn lights out and Suns got hit with Covid. Hell, he got out of the first round going 2-2 (his team won 2 games without him).

Last edited:
Reactions: Rifleman
Wolves beat the Nuggets shooting 30.8% from 3p (-4.6% vs. their season average).

Mavs beat the Thunder shooting 39.1% from 3p (+2.2% above their season average).

If they hit near their averages, I think the Wolves walk all over them, but Mavs seem to have a habit of shooting their best in the playoffs.

NBA Playoffs 3rd Round

Celtics Pacers
The Pacers are a pretty good team that are not equipped to defeat the Celtics.
The Celtics are a stacked team that has multiple players that can make threes, high field goal percentage, and likely to score over 100 points.
It would be a high bar accomplishment if a pretty good Pacers team that isn’t a Chess King aka a stacked great team does get this slight mismatch to 6 games.

Timberwolves Mavericks
It’s a coin flip series that I think the Timberwolves win because slight advantage that is home court, and it’s a team that is feeling great because of having eliminated a great Nuggets team in Denver.
So the adversity of the Timberwolves having to play a playing great Mavericks is a challenging obstacle they can overcome.
The Timberwolves making less mistakes, and making more critical baskets is achievable in games that are likely to be thrilling and competitive.

One perimeter defender and not even the best one (D White) on 1st team all defense. I hate this so much.

Bam
AD
Wemby
Gobert
Herb

Man, I don’t know if the Pacers would keep him since they got to pay Siakam, but would love Obi Toppin for Detroit

VN Store

Back