2023 Target List

People were saying the same thing last fall and the class worked out fine and we are fielding a Top 10 team, take a breath and let’s see what happens.
It was heavily bolstered by an unlikely second chance at Julian Phillips. Can’t rely on that year in and year out. A class of Edwards, Key, Jefferson, and Awaka maybe has some potential, but we struck out on a dozen prospects to get there and not much star power.

I believe Barnes is an old school guy and doesn’t baby these kids like they are now. He doesn’t promise them anything.

Some of them can’t handle it which could be the reason why we struck out on some talent.

It was heavily bolstered by an unlikely second chance at Julian Phillips. Can’t rely on that year in and year out. A class of Edwards, Key, Jefferson, and Awaka maybe has some potential, but we struck out on a dozen prospects to get there and not much star power.
Well the year before we landed BHH and Jonas Aidoo in the spring, so there’s definitely some quality guys available in the spring. This year Somto Cyril is very possibly going to be a candidate, as we know we are in that one. Like I’ve said it would be nice and I would like to do better in the fall, but 1. To this point we’ve not missed on a bunch and there’s still top guys left and 2. Even when we miss we seem to regroup and find a way to still produce a Top 10-15 type team 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Because they’ve continued to make those freaking out look like 8 year old girls throwing a tantrum…whine and complain about how bad we are doing recruiting and yet continue to trot out Top 10-15 teams, just maybe they aren’t as bad or inept as the freak outs make them out to be?

Again, landing top targets in the fall sure would be nice and would make things easier, they landed Phillips yet are getting no credit there. Missed on Edwards to Kentucky, hard to fault. Never were really a player for Normand. Looks like they’ll lose out on Carr to Michigan State. Other than that, what so far??? Estrella is likely them or Iowa, they are in it. Leader for Demary. In it for Dilione. In it for Cosby. Could get Hall at anytime but slow playing that. Probable leader for Somto if he does indeed reclass.
Caleb Foster
Kaanan Carlyle
Aden Holloway
Kakeb Glenn
George Washington III

Reactions: berryvol
Well the year before we landed BHH and Jonas Aidoo in the spring, so there’s definitely some quality guys available in the spring. This year Somto Cyril is very possibly going to be a candidate, as we know we are in that one. Like I’ve said it would be nice and I would like to do better in the fall, but 1. To this point we’ve not missed on a bunch and there’s still top guys left and 2. Even when we miss we seem to regroup and find a way to still produce a Top 10-15 type team 🤷🏻‍♂️
The thing is, maybe if we didn’t miss we wouldn’t underachieve every tournament. You start landing some of these guys and suddenly find yourself with better talent and actually making it out of the first weekend. Just trotting a top 10-15 team out there doesn’t mean **** if you leave talent on the table and come up short again.

The thing is, maybe if we didn’t miss we wouldn’t underachieve every tournament. You start landing some of these guys and suddenly find yourself with better talent and actually making it out of the first weekend. Just trotting a top 10-15 team out there doesn’t mean **** if you leave talent on the table and come up short again.
Lol, I don’t think talent has been our (Barnes) issue, that’s a really poor take my guy.

Ha…okay. The lengths you’ll go to defend it is disturbing.
Or the lengths you’ll go to reach? How were those other guys priorities? I typically bold names, did I ever those guys? Maybe I did but doesn’t seem like for very long if so. Foster & Carlyle never visited, GWlll UOV’d here, Tennessee never used an OV. They pursued Glenn as a reclass guy and he opted to stay 2023. Typically I bold the guys who OV here, or at the very least say they are scheduling an OV here…if you don’t get an OV from a recruit then they aren’t ever a realistic target, you’re smarter than that.

I definitely don’t think lack of talent has been an issue for Barnes at Texas or Tennessee lol
I don’t think overall talent has been an issue. However, you can’t tell me having a Dillon Mitchell, Cason Wallace, Brandon Miller, Yohan Traore, or a Jaden Bradley wouldn’t have greatly raised the ceiling of this years team.

Or the lengths you’ll go to reach? How were those other guys priorities? I typically bold names, did I ever those guys? Maybe I did but doesn’t seem like for very long if so. Foster & Carlyle never visited, GWlll UOV’d here, Tennessee never used an OV. They pursued Glenn as a reclass guy and he opted to stay 2023. Typically I bold the guys who OV here, or at the very least say they are scheduling an OV here…if you don’t get an OV from a recruit then they aren’t ever a realistic target, you’re smarter than that.

Foster UOV’d, same as Glenn and GW3. You‘re really using the fact that we failed to secure an OV with any of them as a defense? Sounds more like further damning evidence.

Only one of us lies in the middle ground of objectivity when it comes to judging this staff. I give credit where it’s due, and I question them when I feel it’s warranted. Suggesting that I’m being unfair to them by going out of my way to hold them to some unrealistic expectation doesn’t hold water.

Reactions: berryvol
Foster UOV’d, same as Glenn and GW3. You‘re really using the fact that we failed to secure an OV with any of them as a defense? Sounds more like further damning evidence.

Only one of us lies in the middle ground of objectivity when it comes to judging this staff. I give credit where it’s due, and I question them when I feel it’s warranted. Suggesting that I’m being unfair to them by going out of my way to hold them to some unrealistic expectation doesn’t hold water.[/QUOTE

I don’t think overall talent has been an issue. However, you can’t tell me having a Dillon Mitchell, Cason Wallace, Brandon Miller, Yohan Traore, or a Jaden Bradley wouldn’t have greatly raised the ceiling of this years team.

You do realize that statement would pretty much apply to every team in the top 20 don’t you? Inserting their own recruiting ‘misses’ names…..

The staff has turned over. Having an off year isn’t unrealistic.

Assistants moving on to head coaching opportunities isn’t a bad thing. Recruiting is about building relationships over several years. TN will bounce back.

This.

It hasn’t been that long ago since English & Schwartz left.

VN Store

Back