2023 Target List

Mashack was ranked about 50 IIRC. I fully expect him to hit the portal after this season as it starting to appear Key will get the majority of the sub minutes Mashack is wanting. Sounds like Jefferson who was ranked around 60 IIRC may be a bit behind the learning curve so will he stick around and wait for playing time? I don’t know that I have adjusted my perspective on building a roster to meet the new portal reality. Are we going to have to accept having 6-8 new players every season?
Will be interesting to watch Mashack this year, if he sticks it out then on paper we will pretty much walk right into a starting spot…not sure he turns that down after waiting 2 years to try his hand elsewhere.

Reactions: walkenvol
Will be interesting to watch Mashack this year, if he sticks it out then on paper we will pretty much walk right into a starting spot…not sure he turns that down after waiting 2 years to try his hand elsewhere.
Agreed as JJJ, SV, Key, and possibly Phillips who are all currently projected on play over Mashack will be gone. Wing opportunities will be more abundant next year. Hopefully guys currently on the roster will see this

My God, I’d kill to land Bronny. I do love LeBron, but that would be incredible recruiting publicity for us, especially if we were to make a run during his time here. While I know he prolly wants to be one and done, I could see him being a fantastic 2-3 year guy.

Updated target list, using On3 ranking…**On3 composite ranking because they have no On3 ranking**

#16 JP Estrella-OV taken & UOV
#23 Elmarko Jackson
#38 Bronny James
#47 Coen Carr-OV taken
#50 Freddie Dilione-OV taken
#61 Silas Demary Jr.-OV taken & UOV

#66 Cody Williams
#91 Davin Cosby Jr.-OV scheduled
#117 Braelon Green-OV scheduled

#147 Keanu Dawes
**#106** CADE PHILLIPS-COMMITTED TO UT
**#122**Cameron Barnes
NR Jared Hall-UOV

Fwiw Rob Lewis seems to think we lead for Estrella and that Syracuse has/is fading…with that said he’s struggled lately on BB recruiting so not telling anyone to take that to the bank, just thought I’d share.
This would be a huge get for obvious reasons, but also just to get some momentum back on the trail. Hopefully Lewis is decently plugged in here.

Reactions: volfaninpa
His Syracuse visit starts today. Strange time for them to start fading.
I don’t disagree, although he’s been there before so he has a decent idea of what to expect, and I could see him feeling like he should go through with that visit given how long they’ve recruited him for. Not saying that is the case, just saying I could see that potentially being what it is.

I don’t disagree, although he’s been there before so he has a decent idea of what to expect, and I could see him feeling like he should go through with that visit given how long they’ve recruited him for. Not saying that is the case, just saying I could see that potentially being what it is.

We’re absolutely in the hunt. I just don’t think Lewis has any info on Syracuse fading as the visit begins. Interesting side note: PJ and Dad are big Celtics fans. Apparently some special treatment was arranged during the playoffs, and PJ is now texting pals with a certain Celtic with a Vol bias. Can’t hurt.

We’re absolutely in the hunt. I just don’t think Lewis has any info on Syracuse fading as the visit begins. Interesting side note: PJ and Dad are big Celtics fans. Apparently some special treatment was arranged during the playoffs, and PJ is now texting pals with a certain Celtic with a Vol bias. Can’t hurt.
Assuming you mean JP, right? That definitely wouldn’t hurt at all, he loves how Iowa used Garza but would guess he probably feels similarly about Grant and Tennessee.

Why is there always an excuse or wait and see approach? That’s getting old too. They’ve had countless opportunities to land kids.
Because they’ve continued to make those freaking out look like 8 year old girls throwing a tantrum…whine and complain about how bad we are doing recruiting and yet continue to trot out Top 10-15 teams, just maybe they aren’t as bad or inept as the freak outs make them out to be?

Again, landing top targets in the fall sure would be nice and would make things easier, they landed Phillips yet are getting no credit there. Missed on Edwards to Kentucky, hard to fault. Never were really a player for Normand. Looks like they’ll lose out on Carr to Michigan State. Other than that, what so far??? Estrella is likely them or Iowa, they are in it. Leader for Demary. In it for Dilione. In it for Cosby. Could get Hall at anytime but slow playing that. Probable leader for Somto if he does indeed reclass.

VN Store

Back