2023 Recruiting

we are developing players for the first time in a long time.
Yes we are. And so many at the same time. Amazing isn't it? I think seeing so many improve so significantly will really help recruiting. If KJH can sustain this, the LVs can no longer be dissed as the program where promising careers go to die.

In the best interest of the schools and fans, but not the players themselves. Anyways, Shade and Arnold's commitments does probably close the door on UConn for any other top tier guards that were considering UConn them, which is also good news.

Perhaps and perhaps not. They are still in play for Williams that would put Arnold at the point and Shade and Williams on the wings.

Reactions: mcannon1
I mean at least Tennessee didn't get someone from the Knoxville media to say that they never offered Shade just hours after she committed or accused the former team of a recent transfer of some form medical malpractice against the transfer.

Surely no one would want to play for any jerkwad coach who would do that.

That's almost as bad as the egomaniacal psycho who lost control and left a vulgar message on a recruit's answering system.

Here are some highlights for Ariana Dyson don't know if she has an offer from us, but we've definitely been in touch with her. Number 23 powerful inside and perimeter paint shooter class of 2023.

What I heard of the story is that Shade and her dad left the UConn game early because she had a game the next day. Geno and CD flew Indiana to watch her game. Ashlyn committed after the game. Now whether Geno knew she was going to verbal or was just on a recruiting trip is a question.

The entire UConn team was in Indiana that day because they were playing Butler the following evening. The fact that she had a game for Geno to go to was a coincidence. By the way, the fact that UConn doesn't have a football team gives them LESS money, not more.

The entire UConn team was in Indiana that day because they were playing Butler the following evening. The fact that she had a game for Geno to go to was a coincidence. By the way, the fact that UConn doesn't have a football team gives them LESS money, not more.
Thank you 🙏

I imagine Boosters pour in lots of bags.

How does implying that UConn contacted her with an NIL, impugn her integrity? That is legal now, you know. I’ll hang up and listen…

Well, I know the NCAA is more impudent than ever....however, universities can't be involved in NIL. NIL deals are between student athletes and the business that is paying them for use of their Name, Image or Likeness...or in the case of Texas A@M and their charity. So when we say a university offered someone an NIL deal that would be a NCAA violation invoving pay for play.

Well, I know the NCAA is more impudent than ever....however, universities can't be involved in NIL. NIL deals are between student athletes and the business that is paying them for use of their Name, Image or Likeness...or in the case of Texas A@M and their charity. So when we say a university offered someone an NIL deal that would be a NCAA violation invoving pay for play.
I think we’re jumping to conclusions with the presumption that UConn made the call. Why assume malicious behavior? Is it not possible the call came from an outside organization not associated with the university?

If you don’t think the coaches tell businesses who they want and tell them to work a deal, you’re not being realistic.

So easy to get around this really not even worth discussing. The University is never going to do it the coach is going to get his booster friends that own businesses and have money to burn to offer it to her and of course most are going to accept.

Reactions: LadyOrange
Any word on how recruits felt about todays game since it was nationally televised? Any tweets or anything?
Also, any updates on any visits coming up to any games or any weekends? I know it’s a little bit in advance before the next home game.

Rae's postgame comments about how much the team love each other and play for each other and have fantastic chemistry sure didn't hurt!

Last edited:
Any word on how recruits felt about todays game since it was nationally televised? Any tweets or anything?
Also, any updates on any visits coming up to any games or any weekends? I know it’s a little bit in advance before the next home game.

High school girls usually don't tweet about schools that are recruiting them unless they planned to go there. I doubt most even watched the games.

Reactions: LV renaissance
I agree it was misplaced. I actually thought I was posting it in another thread, but it was already too late -- people were already responding -- by the time I realized I'd posted it in the darn game thread.

The timing of it was because I had just heard comments about assistant-coach husbands, and I guess it just set me off there for a minute. BIG MISTAKE.

So, I apologize to everyone I upset with my post.
No need to apologize, its an interesting discussion about an interesting trend. Actually, on the basis of nepotism, you have a point. I just disagree that hiring the hubby as an underling is automatically another case of society placing an unfair family burden on women.

High school girls usually don't tweet about schools that are recruiting them unless they planned to go there. I doubt most even watched the games.

What they will notice is which teams are competing to be in Final 4. Amazing how Arizona and NC State have become players in the recruiting wars. If somehow we are able to make it to the Final 4 this year, that will be the biggest recruiting tool that KJH will have! A win over UCONN would be nice too.

VN Store

Back