2023 Recruiting

Knowing Kellie and crew there may be young ladies we have no clue about LOL so i was just going with who we have talked about the most on here 😂
Were in the top 8 for Nichols think the same for Shade. Rosario nothing as I know of. McGhee hoping. I know there are a lot of others the main need is post players and point guard.

Were in the top 8 for Nichols think the same for Shade. Rosario nothing as I know of. McGhee hoping. I know there are a lot of others the main need is post players and point guard.

I think any efficient offensive threat is a main need 😂

Love this team but it would make it easier on others. I think we will see how much easier it is when/if Rae comes back and can space the floor for us.

Need a PG & Center ?

Friday at 4:30 at Stewart Creek high school , come watch …. #13 Aalyeh Del Rosario and #38 Angelica Velez play and Saturday at 3:00 same place ! Not far from me so I’m going.

Correct. As far as I know, Hawk does not yet have an offer from UT.
PS. It's Madi Hawk
Madi is a 2024 that has pulled interest so far from UT but no offer. I dont know if TN watched her this weekend but they were in attendance at the insider exposure event in Jacksonville Florida where her team played. Madi lives very close to knoxville. I think she would be an awesome get, she is a top SG and can also play pg as well
She has range like Justine
I really hope we offer this hometown kid

Madi is a 2024 that has pulled interest so far from UT but no offer. I dont know if TN watched her this weekend but they were in attendance at the insider exposure event in Jacksonville Florida where her team played. Madi lives very close to knoxville. I think she would be an awesome get, she is a top SG and can also play pg as well
She has range like Justine
I really hope we offer this hometown kid

There's some heavy hitters coming out of the Knoxville area.
Madi's not done learning yet, this year her coach is playing her mostly at the hi-post.
She will be undersized at 5' 9"/10"
We are set up to do a one on one where I will be teaching her the best weapons against taller players
(up-n-under, sky-hook,,,,, dribble and no dribble; inside and outside drop steps, and a couple of others)
She would never play a power forward in college, but she will have to post up smaller guards and this will give her that experience

We are set up to do a one on one where I will be teaching her the best weapons against taller players
(up-n-under, sky-hook,,,,, dribble and no dribble; inside and outside drop steps, and a couple of others)

Why would you teach someone 5'9" a Sky hook. (actually you mean a Mikan because no one under 7' can shoot the true sky hook) . It's complicated with too many moving parts. I haven't seen an old fashioned hook in years. Investigate the jump hook. It's simpler, easier to learn, harder to block, and much more accurate. Adama Sonogo scored 30 points last week shooting only jump hooks. Also, don't ever step back against a significantly taller player. Shot blockers need a couple of feet of space. Get up in their grill and out quick them.

Why would you teach someone 5'9" a Sky hook. (actually you mean a Mikan because no one under 7' can shoot the true sky hook) . It's complicated with too many moving parts. I haven't seen an old fashioned hook in years. Investigate the jump hook. It's simpler, easier to learn, harder to block, and much more accurate. Adama Sonogo scored 30 points last week shooting only jump hooks. Also, don't ever step back against a significantly taller player. Shot blockers need a couple of feet of space. Get up in their grill and out quick them.
I remember watching Mary Ostrowski (RIP) shoot those true hooks. She was 6’2, though.

Mary O was, as we all know left-handed so her hook shot was even more unusual. I sat on the upper level directly above the basket in Stokeley, an interesting vantage to watch the offense and defense.

and Creekdiipper - I sat with two Older women retired nurses who initiated the first scholarship for LVs. Really enjoyed those Older folks - good people older folks.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back