2023 Recruiting

I expect three even if we don't get the current players were seeking. We'll go portal must have a big and another point guard JMO.
There was a rumor that Jordan Walker may play another season. If that happens, we will be ok at the guard spot next year. B.K is going to be a fine player for the Lady vols, and a great role player, but there are times when you need 5 players on the court that can score. I would love to see her game develop like that little point guard Mississippi State had a few years ago; Morgan William. She was just tough and could score when needed as she developed her game over the years.

Not sure, but we definitely will need a couple. Does anyone know anything about Letycia Vasconcelos? 6-7 post and She is in hoopgurlz rated, right after Rosario? Without picking any posts up for the 2022 class, we will be very young in the post the next year. Maybe Kellie is working her way to a 5 out or positionless style of basketball. If we don't pick up some Posts in a hurry, we may not have a choice in the upcoming years.
Vasconcelos was unimpressive in recent international competition. She would not be my first or second choice. But they certainly need a center.

Ah, we're talking about different people. I was talking about Del Rosario when I made the comment about being 15-16, not Hansson.
Thanks I was getting a little confused. Was talking about Rosario being slow running the court which is true in high school. I think she has another motor just not using it. Was talking about Hannson looking great as a Sweden player against other Sweden players which don't know how she would fare against better competition. She doesn't have any Fiba play to determine her ability against better competition.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Vasconcelos was unimpressive in recent international competition. She would not be my first or second choice. But they certainly need a center.
Tall but frail and doesn't really move very fast for her size. I haven't found a 2023 center that I really like that much of the ones I've seen Rosario looks the best as far as effective post scoring.

Thanks I was getting a little confused. Was talking about Rosario being slow running the court which is true in high school. I think she has another motor just not using it. Was talking about Hannson looking great as a Sweden player against other Sweden players which don't know how she would fare against better competition. She doesn't have any Fiba play to determine her ability against better competition.
ADR is a multitalented offensive juggernaut. She dominates inside, shoots from 3 and passes extremely well. You need to pull out all the stops and get her. It would make sense for some of you fans in the area make it a point of attending her games all decked out in UT swag.

ADR is a multitalented offensive juggernaut. She dominates inside, shoots from 3 and passes extremely well. You need to pull out all the stops and get her. It would make sense for some of you fans in the area make it a point of attending her games all decked out in UT swag.

“ shoots from 3 “???? Aaliyah Del Rosario !

I have not seen her shoot a three point shot in five games ? Just Saying 🤷‍♂️

Agree with the rest of your post …

I have watched her last 3 games HS, she doesn't shoot the 3 or at least she didn't, she doesn't even move out around the perimeter. She definitely can rebound over smaller players, but she is very soft and doesn't run the floor well. I just don't see her domination at the HS level right now, being at 6'6 i was not impressed with her in any game as of yet. She may develop some in the next couple of years but you can't teach physicality you either have it or you don't. You can't be a mashed potato in the paint. Will TN be able to recruit a big better than her, that I dont know but I definitely think there are other bigs we should strongly go after.
They do however play MONTVERDE in a few weeks so that will be a test for her as she will face kids just as big so we will see then. Hard to judge a 6'6 going against a 5'10 or even a 6'0 on what she will be able to do at the college level. Jmo
WEBB should NOT have any trouble winning state in that division, im not sure another school can compete with all the talent they have there

I have watched her last 3 games HS, she doesn't shoot the 3 or at least she didn't, she doesn't even move out around the perimeter. She definitely can rebound over smaller players, but she is very soft and doesn't run the floor well. I just don't see her domination at the HS level right now, being at 6'6 i was not impressed with her in any game as of yet. She may develop some in the next couple of years but you can't teach physicality you either have it or you don't. You can't be a mashed potato in the paint. Will TN be able to recruit a big better than her, that I dont know but I definitely think there are other bigs we should strongly go after.
They do however play MONTVERDE in a few weeks so that will be a test for her as she will face kids just as big so we will see then. Hard to judge a 6'6 going against a 5'10 or even a 6'0 on what she will be able to do at the college level. Jmo
WEBB should NOT have any trouble winning state in that division, im not sure another school can compete with all the talent they have there
An accurate analysis.

Perhaps it's the Webb system. But I could swear she shot from 3 in Jersey.

Perhaps it's the Webb system. But I could swear she shot from 3 in Jersey.

It could be the coaches system ? But I just have not seen a 3 from her ? I saw her make one during warm ups but missed during warm ups also so I don’t have any idea if she can or not? But agree with us offering her a scholarship! We will see ?

Letycia Vasconcelos

Has anyone seen her play?

NOT YET !

Letycia 6’7” ranked #14 Montverde plays Webb school on December 9 Thursday night 8 PM……

Rosario 6’6” ranked #13 for Webb !

Webb has Angelica Velez ranked #38 and Montverde has Cori Allen ranked #50 plus others but Cori has an offer from UT !

If you like good womens HIGH SCHOOL basketball ? I’ll see y’all at Bellbuckle Tennessee ….. should be a good one !

Ugggggghh

Poor Kellie...

jJmiG2h.gif

VN Store

Back