2022 top-50 6-2 W Justine Pissott commits!

Looks like a fantastic shooter. Anyone have a link to her stats? What's her 3p %?

header.jpg

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Welcome to RockyTop!
Coach Harper is truelly changing the dynamic of LadyVol bball with the type of players she is recruiting. There are a lot of Sidney Spencer types. Frosh Tess Darby is up first, tho. I'm intrigued to see what she'll bring to the court.

Not that it necessarily means anything, but Justine Pissott was congratulated on her commitment to the Lady Vols by her, self-described, "bestie", Shay Bollin. Shay Bollin, 6'3" F is ranked by ESPN as 20th overall and the number 6 Forward in the class of 2022 and is rated at 4.5 stars by Prospectsnation and 34th by Blue Star. Ms. Bollin also holds an offer from the Lady Vols as well as a number of high D-1 schools!

And, by the way, Justine Pisott is ranked 28th by Blue Star.

Jim

Candace Parker was always listed 6'5 as a Lady Vols, noticed the Sparks have her at 6'4. Does it really matter? Ummm no.

Plus Justine is a 2022 recruit, by the time she gets to Knoxville who knows how tall she ends up. Excited about this pick up for the LV.

There are 2 people I always trust fully when they post, Deer Park and Maria Cornelius. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise with their proven record on facts.

Candace Parker was always listed 6'5 as a Lady Vols, noticed the Sparks have her at 6'4. Does it really matter? Ummm no.

Plus Justine is a 2022 recruit, by the time she gets to Knoxville who knows how tall she ends up. Excited about this pick up for the LV.

There are 2 people I always trust fully when they post, Deer Park and Maria Cornelius. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise with their proven record on facts.
If it were up to Ms Cornelius, Holly would still be our coach.

several questions/answers answers have not appeared on this thread is why did she want to commit so early? - the blog from "tiny" (quite interesting) inferred she was in conversation with Duke, UNC and TN. and Kellie checked all the boxes. Obviously with those two schools ready to sign her she was a desired player.

I think we can more than assume that Lady Vol staff made a home visit at some time, as did other coaches.

If one assumes that the 22 class will be three players now minus one = two with 13 months until signing and no campus visits allowed yet. More opportunity to observe, assess and develop chemistry. Personally I feel comfortable that the LVs will have another successful class.

several questions/answers answers have not appeared on this thread is why did she want to commit so early? - the blog from "tiny" (quite interesting) inferred she was in conversation with Duke, UNC and TN. and Kellie checked all the boxes. Obviously with those two schools ready to sign her she was a desired player.

I think we can more than assume that Lady Vol staff made a home visit at some time, as did other coaches.

If one assumes that the 22 class will be three players now minus one = two with 13 months until signing and no campus visits allowed yet. More opportunity to observe, assess and develop chemistry. Personally I feel comfortable that the LVs will have another successful class.

Don’t you expect a transfer or two from kids recruited over?

Zoom calls. My daughter is a 2022 in softball and talks with coaches daily on zoom or FaceTime. Had a call last night with all 3 coaches. She visit schools on the weekend and will FaceTime with the coach or do a follow up a day later. Coaches are pretty adamant about the dead period being dead. She had dropped and added schools, so kids especially if you’ve visited, camped etc or brand name program it’s not unheard of to commit.

38% last year is what I read. 65 made threes at the time the article had been written. About 55% from the floor, 82% from the free throw line. She can put it in the basket.

That's elite territory, plus,

1 she's young and shooting skill should only improve.

2 she doesn't just shoot from 19' wide open shots, she takes the tougher contested threes and shoots comfortable from 25'+.

Exciting commit.

While reportedly 6’4”, she will not preclude the need for a big. She is more of a wing and not a post.

Really nice pickup. I expect her to end up top 25 by the time she graduates.

Were Rutgers fans wanting this player she was in their own backyard ? I can’t imagine they weren’t excited over this young lady....

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Sophomore video is terrific. Nice high release point. goes strong with left and and finishes with either hand. great pre-catch positioning for 3's gives her a quick release (also she has a guard who puts the ball in her hands. I'd like to know who she is.) Well coached in positional defense. rebounds the ball at the top of her jump. Lots to like here. I think she is probably underrated and could begin to climb the rankings if she gets some AAU visibility. Somebody said 6'4" Wow!!

Sophomore video is terrific. Nice high release point. goes strong with left and and finishes with either hand. great pre-catch positioning for 3's gives her a quick release (also she has a guard who puts the ball in her hands. I'd like to know who she is.) Well coached in positional defense. rebounds the ball at the top of her jump. Lots to like here. I think she is probably underrated and could begin to climb the rankings if she gets some AAU visibility. Somebody said 6'4" Wow!!

she is now playing with the Philly Belles which is a EYBL Nike sponsored team so for her to make the team means something because they have girls from all over trying out for that team.

Because, like Mo State, we're moving up in the rankings by assembling a team of fearless, talented, hard-nosed, committed players with high basketball I.Q.'s and a love for team play.

Which is exactly what this staff was hired to do.

We aren’t ranked.

We aren’t ranked.

I believe most observers feel that we will be better than the bubble teams of the last two seasons, just as last year's team made progress from the previous year.

Never indicated that we are currently in the top 25...although the program that Kellie left at Mo State has maintained its ranking there.

Maybe I should have been more specific and said that we are on an upward trajectory.

I believe most observers feel that we will be better than the bubble teams of the last two seasons, just as last year's team made progress from the previous year.

Never indicated that we are currently in the top 25...although the program that Kellie left at Mo State has maintained its ranking there.

Maybe I should have been more specific and said that we are on an upward trajectory.

Creek, no matter what you say, or how positive you try to be, there are a few posters that will always say...
HonorableVeneratedFlea-size_restricted.gif

Agreed! Holly only seemed to get players that could out-athlete opponents and were never developed into complete basketball players. Kellie seems to be going after players that have offensive skills but will need to adjust to the speed and physicality of the SEC.
Kellie went after same type of players Pat taught her to go after. She didn't get results, but same type Pat wanted to coach.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back