2022 TN Forward Brandon Huntley-Hatfield

This is a must get. This season has clearly shown has desperately we need inside depth and star power. Combine HH with a true PG (Chandler) and some stud wings (JJJ, Johnson, Springer) and you'll have something cooking.

I don't think Springer and Johnson are one-and-dones anymore based off this season, so that means if you can get some true inside threats/depth next season might be the special one we've all been waiting for.

Isn't the whole point of a prep year is to get more college looks without wasting any eligibility? Sounds like a waste of a year if you're a top 10 player.

BHH isn't staying all 4 years in college. He isn't wasting a year and he doesn't need more college looks. He can go just about anywhere he wants right now.

Reactions: Golf freak
BHH isn't staying all 4 years in college. He isn't wasting a year and he doesn't need more college looks. He can go just about anywhere he wants right now.
That's my point. I don't see a reason in participating in another yr of HS level ball, unless he thinks college would hurt his stock and wants to try and get drafted after a prep year.

This is a must get. This season has clearly shown has desperately we need inside depth and star power. Combine HH with a true PG (Chandler) and some stud wings (JJJ, Johnson, Springer) and you'll have something cooking.

I don't think Springer and Johnson are one-and-dones anymore based off this season, so that means if you can get some true inside threats/depth next season might be the special one we've all been waiting for.

Hard to see Johnson turning away Top 10 projections.

Fairly certain I posted it somewhere, but was told months ago he would never play college ball, seemed odd at the time unless he thought 2022 was going to bring a NBA rule change. This now makes a little more sense that by doing a prep year like we’ve seen some guys do, or even just take a year off and train or join the G-League team like guys this year did that he would never have to attend a college class.

Hard to see Johnson turning away Top 10 projections.

I don’t expect those projections to stick. I’m no expert, but nothing about Keon’s play this year has screamed “Top 10 Pick” to me. I know the NBA drafts mostly off potential now and not results, but I think he’ll fall out of the lottery and if that’s the case I think he comes back for one more season.

Just a hunch.

I don’t expect those projections to stick. I’m no expert, but nothing about Keon’s play this year has screamed “Top 10 Pick” to me. I know the NBA drafts mostly off potential now and not results, but I think he’ll fall out of the lottery and if that’s the case I think he comes back for one more season.

Just a hunch.

Yea I think those projections are bound to drop once we get a little closer to the draft. However, with his athleticism and an actual off-season under Barnes he could easily be top 10. I think he would risking a vast drop if he declares. They happen every year.

Just a hunch.

Springer is gone after this year regardless.

However, I agree that Keon needs another year.

Reactions: i2amavol
Springer is gone after this year regardless.

However, I agree that Keon needs another year.

Not true. Springer's projections are even lower than Johnson's at the moment. And, while Springer is an immensely important piece for this current team, his individual play hasn't been lottery pick level.

I don't think either Springer nor Johnson leave if they are back end of the 1st round picks. I know there are always injuries to consider, but they are leaving a lot of money on the table if they do that. One more year under Barnes could do them both wonders.

It all depends on how they close out the season and who declares for the draft and who doesn't in this zany, weird season that doesn't count against eligibility. There are too many unknowns to make an accurate prediction right now. You could have either the most stacked draft class of all-time or it could be a barren wasteland.

Reactions: Lurker and Ttucke11
Not true. Springer's projections are even lower than Johnson's at the moment. And, while Springer is an immensely important piece for this current team, his individual play hasn't been lottery pick level.

I don't think either Springer nor Johnson leave if they are back end of the 1st round picks. I know there are always injuries to consider, but they are leaving a lot of money on the table if they do that. One more year under Barnes could do them both wonders.

It all depends on how they close out the season and who declares for the draft and who doesn't in this zany, weird season that doesn't count against eligibility. There are too many unknowns to make an accurate prediction right now. You could have either the most stacked draft class of all-time or it could be a barren wasteland.
I think what he’s saying was that Springer is leaving regardless...his family has been under the assumption he’s one and done for awhile, so that very well could be the case. I think Johnson is going to want to get lottery pick projection to leave (unless he gets injured it seems likely he will get that), but simply being drafted will likely be enough for Springer to head to the NBA.

I think what he’s saying was that Springer is leaving regardless...his family has been under the assumption he’s one and done for awhile, so that very well could be the case. I think Johnson is going to want to get lottery pick projection to leave (unless he gets injured it seems likely he will get that), but simply being drafted will likely be enough for Springer to head to the NBA.
Simply being drafted? I really doubt that. He is going to want some 1st round promise. He is too good to jump at the chance of simply being drafted. Jonathan Givony currently has him at #39 overall.

Fairly certain I posted it somewhere, but was told months ago he would never play college ball, seemed odd at the time unless he thought 2022 was going to bring a NBA rule change. This now makes a little more sense that by doing a prep year like we’ve seen some guys do, or even just take a year off and train or join the G-League team like guys this year did that he would never have to attend a college class.
Have classes gotten more demanding lately? Sign up for an easy 12 hours and meet some lovely coeds!

Also, the negatives on Springer’s evaluation are likely going to largely remain the same
Not sure I agree. His outside shot was considered an area of improvement coming out of high school. I think that is something he is going to need to show great strides in, and he just hasn't taken enough this year to prove to scouts he can knock them down with great consistency over a large sample size. He can also tighten up his ball-handling. He isn't going to get more athletic or any bouncier, so those things won't improve with another year, but the shooting consistency and ball-handling can certainly be improved.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I would bet you the same thing applies to Johnson.

Not sure I agree. His outside shot was considered an area of improvement coming out of high school. I think that is something he is going to need to show great strides in, and he just hasn't taken enough this year to prove to scouts he can knock them down with great consistency over a large sample size. He can also tighten up his ball-handling. He isn't going to get more athletic or any bouncier, so those things won't improve with another year, but the shooting consistency and ball-handling can certainly be improved.
Along your info, I don’t think Springer has taken a single 3 since he’s come back from his injury.

My take is that I think his size is a 1 obviously at the NBA level, and I just don’t know that I think he can be quick enough to ever get Top 20 talk coming out of college. He can shoot better sure, but that isn’t going to change his quickness and speed which IMO are his biggest questions at the next level.

My take is that I think his size is a 1 obviously at the NBA level, and I just don’t know that I think he can be quick enough to ever get Top 20 talk coming out of college. He can shoot better sure, but that isn’t going to change his quickness and speed which IMO are his biggest questions at the next level.

He would struggle handling the ball in the NBA IMO. He is a very good passer and has the instincts, but his handle is a weakness at this point.

Not much to glean from that article, but I'm also not one who is great at reading between the lines. Biggest news was that Stock Risers seems adamant BHH will stay in 2022. That hurts, because we really need some help in the 2021 class in the frontcourt.

Not much to glean from that article, but I'm also not one who is great at reading between the lines. Biggest news was that Stock Risers seems adamant BHH will stay in 2022. That hurts, because we really need some help in the 2021 class in the frontcourt.
Left himself an out though with the “things could always change line”.

Reactions: cardvolfan

VN Store

Back