2022 Target List

Not from VQ, but 247 article had him mentioning reclassifying and mentioned Santiago Vescovi specifically as a guy who reclassed coming from NBA Global Academy.

Hmm. Interesting. Guess that’s definitely something to monitor then, but based on your other new post not sure we’ll get clarification till after the season with numbers up in the air. Chandler is still likely gone, but if his stocks continues to drop I guess that would be a welcome surprise to have him return and definitely complicates things.

Hmm. Interesting. Guess that’s definitely something to monitor then, but based on your other new post not sure we’ll get clarification till after the season with numbers up in the air. Chandler is still likely gone, but if his stocks continues to drop I guess that would be a welcome surprise to have him return and definitely complicates things.
I would think Bailey moving on is likely, whether that’s to play ball or not idk, but hard to see him back and taking a spot. Then Chandler, and obviously with Aidoo and BHH a lot of folks are speculating about them so never know there, I would think they’d push hard to add at least 1 guy ASAP and then look at others/portal as numbers become more clear.

I would think Bailey moving on is likely, whether that’s to play ball or not idk, but hard to see him back and taking a spot. Then Chandler, and obviously with Aidoo and BHH a lot of folks are speculating about them so never know there, I would think they’d push hard to add at least 1 guy ASAP and then look at others/portal as numbers become more clear.
I'm of the same opinion on Bailey. Him returning is probably not up to him, at this point. Keeping him would basically equate to taking a grad transfer that you know can't cut it at this level on a consistent basis. Kind of like taking EJ Anosike already knowing the results/impact he'd have in the SEC.

It's time to move on from Bailey pending some major unforeseen turnaround over the final 3 months of the season. He knows it. Barnes knows it. And the fans know it. Taking him was worth a shot based on program familiarity, marginal success at Oregon, and recruiting pedigree, but holding onto him for another year that he only gets because of Covid, and having already graduated, is just a miscarriage of scholarship usage. Take a chance on another grad transfer if you don't want to tie up the scholarship for more than a year, or use it on a promising freshman or traditional transfer.

Fwiw Rob Lewis said Mady Traore has a Tennessee offer and staff has been in touch, he was at Bishop Walsh which is where Nkahmoua came from, originally from France…I had forgot about him, he was on our early boards in this thread but eliminated Tennessee iirc.

Lewis said Tennessee isn’t doing much in 2022 because right now they just aren’t sure what numbers will look like (something I’ve mentioned before)…with Edwards you’re 1 over, thought had been Chandler is definitely gone and that’s still likely the case, but stock dropping? Who else leaves? Doesn’t look like JJJ to NBA is at all a possibility, or Powell? Bailey could move on, but still not much room.

Recall talk this past off-season of Vescovi potentially leaving for an international pro team, so was thinking that may be a possibility after this year, although that would be a bummer.

Reactions: walkenvol
Recruiting wise I’m becoming more and more skeptical that the Vols are going to add a 2022 high school prospect. Now, I’m not ruling it out by any means, things can certainly change, it just seems quiet on that front now. We mentioned last week that French import Mady Traore at Bishop Walsh HS in Maryland is a name to keep in mind, he is holding an offer.
Junior college big man Mohamed Diarra at Garden City CC, originally from Paris, France, is a name to keep an eye on but has not been offered to this point per our knowledge. At this point it really seems like the Vols’ preferred route would be to add some size from the transfer portal that is ready to contribute immediately.
-Vq

Given the fact that what you are keeping/losing is as much up in the air today as it’s ever been this season it makes sense to just kind of sit steady right now. I would probably still recruit Mintz & Proctor hard and see where that goes, maybe Klintman as well…he’s a guy who has size and potential but would probably need a year or two, so having him develop wouldn’t hurt.

With the talk of looking for size in the portal it got me looking at guys we liked out of HS and for one reason or another didn’t land…PJ Hall and Ryan Mutombo both came to mind as potential targets, definitely a chance their teams are making coaching moves in the off season.

Side note, on Mutombo, dude hit a massive growth spurt both vertically and muscle?? He was listed like 6’11” 220lbs coming out of HS, now listed at 7’2” 250lbs at Georgetown, that’s a big dude.

Given the fact that what you are keeping/losing is as much up in the air today as it’s ever been this season it makes sense to just kind of sit steady right now. I would probably still recruit Mintz & Proctor hard and see where that goes, maybe Klintman as well…he’s a guy who has size and potential but would probably need a year or two, so having him develop wouldn’t hurt.

With the talk of looking for size in the portal it got me looking at guys we liked out of HS and for one reason or another didn’t land…PJ Hall and Ryan Mutombo both came to mind as potential targets, definitely a chance their teams are making coaching moves in the off season.

Side note, on Mutombo, dude hit a massive growth spurt both vertically and muscle?? He was listed like 6’11” 220lbs coming out of HS, now listed at 7’2” 250lbs at Georgetown, that’s a big dude.
PJ Hall is the man at Clemson. But for being 6' 10' would think he's shooting % would be a little higher. The fact Brownell went 7 seasons prior to the S16 with his only tourney appearance in his first makes me think they're not going to fire him after he made the tourney last year. That S16 was well timed for him. He kept his job and now he's got a few years of job security despite being so mediocre. Considering the ACC is down, I think they should get rid of him and go after Medved from Colorado State. He coached in SC for many years prior to his last 2 head gigs.

This video sums up his growth from HS to college decently.

They should have hired Dan Hurley when they had the chance. Last year’s miraculous tourney appearance should have really helped Ewing but they are pretty dreadful. I’m just not sure who they think they’d hire this year. If I were them I might wait another year and see how English does at GMU and hire him.

If it tells you anything, my boss is a huge Georgetown fan, alum, donor, and lives in the area. He used to tweet and watch every single game with some hope, even in the early years of Ewing. I think he has watched two games this season. Apathy is setting in. I don’t think Ewing lasts long.

Yohan Traore to LSU. Man Wade just racking in players. Makes me sick to see all that talent there. So he has Julian Phillips, Devin Ree and now Yohan Traore for the 22 class.

VN Store

Back