2022 Target List

Says he talks to us a good bit. As well as Virginia Tech, UF, South Carolina and Indiana. Wants to take an unofficial visit here.

Green and Clowney?
I think they like both of those guys. I'm not in charge of Tennessee's recruiting. My impression from talking with people and doing the best I can to form an opinion is that they would like to get both those guys in for official visits in the fall. Think that the top targets are Traore and Udeh. Don't think they would turn down Green or Clowney without knowing what Traore or Udeh was going to do.

If Green or Cloweny wanted to commit and Tennessee didn't have a great feeling for where they stand with Udeh or Traore I don't think they would turn them down. JMO.
-VQ

Top targets (imo/info) bolded, updated with scheduled OV’s reported so far...

#2 Emoni Bates
#6 Dariq Whitehead
#10 Brandon Miller-OV 6/8
#16 Cason Wallace-OV 6/3

#18 Jaden Bradley
#21 Julian Phillips
#23 Eric Dailey Jr.
#31 Dillon Mitchell-OV 6/27
#32 Jalen Hood-Schifino-OV 6/15

#40 Jett Howard
#50 Felix Okpara
#55 Noah Clowney
#63 Prince Aligbe
#64 Yohan Traore-scheduled OV in September
#69 Colin Smith
#98 BJ Edwards-OV 6/27***COMMIT***
#115 Ernest Udeh Jr.
#133 De’Ante Green-OV 6/23

NR Dom Campbell
NR Daniel Sanford

So sounds like the staff is willing to take up to 4 in the fall even if Miller isn’t 1 of those 4 as long as it’s spread across positions.

I would say looks something like this:

BJ Edwards
Cason Wallace/Jalen Hood-Schifino
Dillon Mitchell/Julian Phillips
Brandon Miller/De’Ante Green
Ernest Udeh/Yohan Traore/Noah Clowney

Reactions: Willy14
Top targets (imo/info) bolded, updated with scheduled OV’s reported so far...

#2 Emoni Bates
#6 Dariq Whitehead
#10 Brandon Miller-OV 6/8
#16 Cason Wallace-OV 6/3

#18 Jaden Bradley
#21 Julian Phillips
#23 Eric Dailey Jr.
#31 Dillon Mitchell-OV 6/27
#32 Jalen Hood-Schifino-OV 6/15

#40 Jett Howard
#50 Felix Okpara
#55 Noah Clowney
#63 Prince Aligbe
#64 Yohan Traore-scheduled OV in September
#69 Colin Smith
#98 BJ Edwards-OV 6/27***COMMIT***
#115 Ernest Udeh Jr.
#133 De’Ante Green-OV 6/23

NR Dom Campbell
NR Daniel Sanford

So sounds like the staff is willing to take up to 4 in the fall even if Miller isn’t 1 of those 4 as long as it’s spread across positions.

I would say looks something like this:

BJ Edwards
Cason Wallace/Jalen Hood-Schifino
Dillon Mitchell/Julian Phillips
Brandon Miller/De’Ante Green
Ernest Udeh/Yohan Traore/Noah Clowney
Does Traore have a date set for his Sept visit? Curious if it will be a football weekend.

Reactions: therickbol
With that finalist school list, Bates ain’t playing college ball

With that finalist school list, Bates ain’t playing college ball
Had the same thought when those first 3 were listed and even though NIL allows those other schools to pay $ essentially now, if it aint UK or Duke, I doubt he'll match what those first 3 will offer.

Hot take: Bates and Duren are both overrated. Bates has attitude issues, an awkward frame and hasn't improved much since he first came on the scene. (Still a solid prospect, just not a generational player by any means) Duren has a limited bag and doesn't really look 6'10 on the court. He dominates because he's bigger than everybody, but he's nowhere near the athlete Dwight was, which is why i don't think his game will translate like scouts think.

Amari Bailey is the real deal and Victor Wembanyama is going to be a superstar.

Reactions: Maxwell865
Hot take: Bates and Duren are both overrated. Bates has attitude issues, an awkward frame and hasn't improved much since he first came on the scene. (Still a solid prospect, just not a generational player by any means) Duren has a limited bag and doesn't really look 6'10 on the court. He dominates because he's bigger than everybody, but he's nowhere near the athlete Dwight was, which is why i don't think his game will translate like scouts think.

Amari Bailey is the real deal and Victor Wembanyama is going to be a superstar.
And Cason Wallace is the next D Wade....

Reactions: AngryButchJones

VN Store

Back