2022 Target List

Top targets (imo/info) bolded, updated with scheduled OV’s reported so far...

#6 Dariq Whitehead
#10 Brandon Miller-OV 6/8
#16 Cason Wallace-OV 6/3

#18 Jaden Bradley
#21 Julian Phillips
#23 Eric Dailey Jr.
#31 Dillon Mitchell-OV 6/27
#32 Jalen Hood-Schifino-OV 6/15

#39 Nick Smith Jr.
#40 Jett Howard
#55 Noah Clowney
#63 Prince Aligbe
#64 Yohan Traore-scheduled OV in September
#69 Colin Smith
#98 BJ Edwards-OV 6/27***COMMIT***
#115 Ernest Udeh Jr.
#133 De’Ante Green-OV 6/23

NR KyeRon Lindsay
NR Daniel Sanford

Last edited:
Rob Lewis was asked O/U 1.5 of these guys being Vols: Cason Wallace, Brandon Miller, Yohan Traore and Julian Phillips. He took the over, obviously would go along with current commit BJ Edwards. Also seemed to think that Tennessee is in a decent spot with Miller but he’s not close to doing anything, and I’ve also heard he’s a guy who will consider the pro route.

Rob Lewis was asked O/U 1.5 of these guys being Vols: Cason Wallace, Brandon Miller, Yohan Traore and Julian Phillips. He took the over, obviously would go along with current commit BJ Edwards. Also seemed to think that Tennessee is in a decent spot with Miller but he’s not close to doing anything, and I’ve also heard he’s a guy who will consider the pro route.
I think Wallace and Traore are the most likely with Miller after. Idk how interested Phillips is right now.

Reactions: Ryno14
I think Wallace and Traore are the most likely with Miller after. Idk how interested Phillips is right now.
Yea I would said that order is probably fair…I could see them turning things up on Phillips, he’s a 3/4 and Mitchell seems FSU bound, Miller might like TN but if he’s waiting that could get risky with other schools or the pro route…if he still opted to come to Tennessee he and Phillips could coexist.

Brandon's Breakdown: Class of 2022 July Live Period Stock Risers

8) KYERON LINDSAY | PF | PRO SKILLS
(Photo: Jon Lopez/Jon Lopez Creative/Nike EYBL)
10487256.jpg
Current Ranking: Not Ranked
Analysis: Each spring, I try to project the Texas players who have a chance of blowing up, but KyeRon Lindsay is one who came out of nowhere and seized every opportunity in Augusta. A 6-foot-8 power forward out of Denton (Texas) Guyer, the southpaw has big hands, a soft touch, and a great motor to go along with his improved physical frame. Within his two weeks, he has now entertained a high major recruitment filled with offers from Marquette, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas A&M, and Tennessee.

10487256.jpg
Analysis: Each spring, I try to project the Texas players who have a chance of blowing up, but KyeRon Lindsay is one who came out of nowhere and seized every opportunity in Augusta. A 6-foot-8 power forward out of Denton (Texas) Guyer, the southpaw has big hands, a soft touch, and a great motor to go along with his improved physical frame. Within his two weeks, he has now entertained a high major recruitment filled with offers from Marquette, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas A&M, and Tennessee.
Traore is listed at #3 and Wallace at #1!

Reactions: allvolrecruiting

10487256.jpg
We need more leftys. I'm for it!

Peach Jam: 12 Standouts for 12 Days

KyeRon Lindsay, Pro Skills (Texas), F, 2022
Why he stood out:
Lindsay brought great energy on both ends of the floor and that translated into production. Lindsay is a great mixture of strength, skill and motor, averaging 16.3 points, 8.7 rebounds, two assists, 1.3 steals and 1.6 blocks a game. Lindsay is the “necessary” type of player teams need to win games.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
I don’t know if it is unique, but Barnes appears to have a philosophy of putting each players’ best interests ahead of anything and everything else but also enforcing a zero tolerance policy as far as what is expected from the player in return. TN might win a few more games by letting some things slide, but that would also compromise the culture and sends mixed, inconsistent messages to players and parents and handlers. If TN continues to be a pipeline to the NBA then surely the elusive Final Four and multiple EEs will come.

#16 Cason Wallace-OV 6/3
#21 Julian Phillips

#39 Nick Smith Jr.
#55 Noah Clowney
#115 Ernest Udeh Jr.

NR KyeRon Lindsay
Rob Lewis…

I think Tennessee is trying to bring everyone on that list in for a visit this fall with the possible exception of Clowney.

They will be in the thick of it with Miller but he's probably less interested in cutting things down and really getting serious about recruiting than just about any kid I've dealt with at this point in the calendar. Top 2 for Wallace. Top 2 for Mitchell with FSU trending IMO. I like where they are with Traore based off what I'm hearing. Philllips has them in his top-10. Hood-Schifino has already been here, I would say in his top 5 but that could change.

No idea on Smith. Udeh I think it's Tennessee or Miami right now but that could change. Tennessee likes Green but others like Wake and NC State are really making him a high priority. No idea on Lindsey at this point, think he's sorting through all the attention he just got in the last three weeks.

#16 Cason Wallace-OV 6/3

#18 Jaden Bradley
#21 Julian Phillips
#23 Eric Dailey Jr.

#39 Nick Smith Jr.
#40 Jett Howard
#55 Noah Clowney
#63 Prince Aligbe
#69 Colin Smith
#115 Ernest Udeh Jr.

NR KyeRon Lindsay
NR Daniel Sanford
NR Justyn Fernandez

10) JUSTYN FERNANDEZ | SF | DC PREMIER
10485272.jpeg
(Photo: Brandon Jenkins, 247Sports)
Current Ranking: No. 48 Small Forward in the 247Sports Positional Rankings
Analysis: I love what Justyn Fernandez brings from the small forward position. He flies above the rim for rebounds and dunks, gets out on the break, and is capable from long range. Fernandez is at his best slashing to the basket to score. Couple his physical slashing ability with his motor and you see why he will definitely be in the top 150 conversation.

Depending on how his position is viewed it very likely could be more “loosely related” to Mitchell than Wallace.
I just don't see a 6-5 Fernandez playing SF in the SEC as a like-for-like replacement for the 6-8 Dillon Mitchell. His film looks very guard-skill oriented. I only see him playing SF in the sense of a third guard in a small lineup whereas Mitchell is a much more traditional SF.

My guess is that there is a much greater chance it is related to Wallace than Mitchell if there is any relation.

VN Store

Back