2022 SEC Baseball Standings

7E738E2A-9FDB-41DA-8613-B99EC29CE869.jpeg

11 teams in now. 2 teams vying for 12th spot
Auburn wins today and they sew up 4th seed
Kentucky wins instead and they sew up at least the 12th seed
A&M has tiebreaker over Arkansas. So if both win or both lose, the Aggies are 2nd
A lot of big time road sweeps in play today
Would be brutal to see Mizzou sweep UGA and still not make tourney
LSU has Vandy on ropes in Nashville
Only the defending national champs are playing out the string today.
A team tradionally has to be above .500 in conference play to host and there are 6 teams now. Vandy and UGA are both squandering there chances this weekend
That lost last game between Auburn and Alabama is looming huge in standings

6-9 is most fluid.
Ole Miss holds no meaningful tiebreaks
Florida loses tiebreaks to LSU, Georgia and Vanderbilt. They pretty much have to win today over SC to place 6th and still have hosting hopes.

What a crazy couple days. Didn't see Georgia or Vandy losing their series, especially at home. Credit to Missouri and LSU for rising to the occasion. Hope they get the sweep today.

View attachment 456972

11 teams in now. 2 teams vying for 12th spot
Auburn wins today and they sew up 4th seed
Kentucky wins instead and they sew up at least the 12th seed
A&M has tiebreaker over Arkansas. So if both win or both lose, the Aggies are 2nd
A lot of big time road sweeps in play today
Would be brutal to see Mizzou sweep UGA and still not make tourney
LSU has Vandy on ropes in Nashville
Only the defending national champs are playing out the string today.
A team tradionally has to be above .500 in conference play to host and there are 6 teams now. Vandy and UGA are both squandering there chances this weekend
That lost last game between Auburn and Alabama is looming huge in standings
Wow, #2 is as close in record to #11 than to us. Not that anyone needs anymore examples of how dominant we are this season.

2 pm : Auburn needs the win in order to hold on to the 4th seed - > which would mean a Ky loss.
1 pm : Missouri can sweep GA ... which would give them the 12 seed ... assuming Ky loses ... it would be a last to tournament seed = = a Cinderalla story ... so that is what I am drooling about.

On a side note, do we think that TN takes a different approach ... or will it be pedal to the metal?
If I was MS coach ... I would be playing the guys who are going to be there next year and give those leaving the day off ... this game has no meaning for those leaving! I have been there and it happened to me ... our coach started the 'normal' starters and they were drunk, or mad, or some flat out did not care to be at the park. It was a bad day for me ... I am VERY competitive ... I took metal cleats to the knee blocking home plate. (Yes, he was OUT! One team gave the nickname of 'the punisher' - and I earned it!) I can NOT stand to lose ... even when the game was meaningless.
It will be interesting to see if MS mails it in.

Last edited:
2 pm : Auburn needs the win in order to hold on to the 4th seed - > which would mean a Ky loss.
1 pm : Missouri can sweep GA ... which would give them the 12 seed ... assuming Ky loses ... it would be a last to tournament seed = = a Cinderalla story ... so that is what I am drooling about.

On a side note, do we think that TN takes a different approach ... or will it be pedal to the metal?
If I was MS coach ... I would be playing the guys who are going to be there next year and give those leaving the day off ... this game has no meaning for them!
It will be interesting to see if MS mails it in.
MS coach will probably start and play as many seniors as possible since it is their last home game and last game of the season likely.

Someone check if I am wrong but I believe we now have 10 sweeps on the season if you count the 2-game series with James Madison.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back