2022 SEC Baseball Standings

Seems to me the 1 seed has earned the right to face the lowest remaining seed after the first day's games. Why wouldn't they just shuffle the cards after the first day's games and let the 1 seed have the lowest rated team left as their opener?

Seems to me the 1 seed has earned the right to face the lowest remaining seed after the first day's games. Why wouldn't they just shuffle the cards after the first day's games and let the 1 seed have the lowest rated team left as their opener?

Because of Planning and that is how Brackets work....After years of bracketing of NCAA tournaments you want to change the Rule.

NFL does it and so does NHL but they have advance notice.

In this case no advance notice.

I would prefer to just go with 8 teams no byes.

I thought the same thing, guess one problem would be if a team plays the late game Tuesday night they potentially could play the early game Wednesday.

one could make the same argument for the hoops tourney, all the teams are playing in the same facility so it is just a matter of when to show up.... but it would make it harder for fans/tickets not to mention the last night game - earlier first game scenario that mad4vols brings up. I am ok with just playing out the seeds for something like the 10 straight year of this format.

Because of Planning and that is how Brackets work....After years of bracketing of NCAA tournaments you want to change the Rule.

i always wanna break me some rules!!!:p

Final weekend SEC Results
Thursday, May 19
Missouri 11, Georgia 3
Arkansas 7, Alabama 3
Florida 14, South Carolina 5
Tennessee 27, Mississippi State 2
LSU 13, Vanderbilt 2
Texas A&M 10, Ole Miss 5
Auburn at Kentucky - postponed

Friday, May 20
Kentucky 5, Auburn 1 (DH-1)
Auburn 6, Kentucky 3 (DH-2)
Missouri 10, Georgia 3
Florida 8, South Carolina 0
Tennessee 4, Mississippi State 3
LSU 8, Vanderbilt 3
Alabama 8, Arkansas 6
Ole Miss 14, Texas A&M 6

Saturday, May 21
Alabama 18, Arkansas 5
Kentucky 6, Auburn 3
South Carolina 4, Florida 1
Georgia 11, Missouri 10
LSU 21, Vanderbilt 10
Texas A&M 12, Ole Miss 5
Tennessee 10, Mississippi State 5

Tony Vitello could have picked out 15-20 VolNation posters to suit up for the last 2 full weekends of SEC play, and the Vols still would have won the SEC. I mean, we may still have beaten Mississippi State, but that's beside the point...

Reactions: MAD
Tony Vitello could have picked out 15-20 VolNation posters to suit up for the last 2 full weekends of SEC play, and the Vols still would have won the SEC. I mean, we may still have beaten Mississippi State, but that's beside the point...
even at my age, I still have a little game.......;)

of course, I played 27 holes yesterday and can barely move today, stiff back, sore shoulders and a few blisters on my hand.......I could only imagine how I would feel if I actually had to excerpt myself.

of course, I played 27 holes yesterday and can barely move today, stiff back, sore shoulders and a few blisters on my hand.......I could only imagine how I would feel if I actually had to excerpt myself.
I would suggest cutting it down to 26 holes next time.

You’re sore after playing putt putt?

I would like 10 teams with byes for the top 2 seeds. You should be rewarded for winning your division in this crazy sport.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back