2022 Recruits

I get the others but sitting at or near the front of your class is just out of bounds you sit where ever there is a seat.
Like I said I don't know what Kellie is doing about that. Summit you didn't get offered or recruited if you didn't and as I remember she did really well as a basketball coach. Of course that was then and this is now.

Reactions: djtee
Like I said I don't know what Kellie is doing about that. Summit you didn't get offered or recruited if you didn't and as I remember she did really well as a basketball coach. Of course that was then and this is now.
Kellie called Justine’s principal and asked lots of non basketball questions about her. She’s not going to take a kid that doesn’t have high character, work ethic and gets it done in the classroom

This is an interview from last year, with Justine and her twin sister, Gia...It covers their love of basketball, their training, and other points of interest...At the end Justine says she wants to be a basketball coach someday, while Gia is looking toward the medical field...These are two quality young ladies.

You are right, I apologize. I was thinking that CW and ONO were 17 commits. It sure seems like there were two consecutive bad years, but thats what happens when we start following these players at such a young age, they all blend. I hope the LVs get who they want, and I wish them the best of luck obtaining the players that you think will bring them back to the national picture. Except for Shade, we want her. LOL

Are you maybe thinking of the Griffin and Makaruat class??

Reactions: StorrsCentral
UConn had 2 very poor classes in 18 and 19 and the media was happy to speculate that Geno had lost his touch. Well he's back with a vengeance with great 20 and 21 classes, and two of the top 5 in 22. I was surprise when he got the early commitments from Paterson and Ice. I guess he realized that recruiting is just getting more intense and he doesn't want the cupboard to get as bare as it did in 19.
I believe there are two guards that are strong UConn leans. they will complete the 22 class.

UConn had 2 very poor classes in 18 and 19 and the media was happy to speculate that Geno had lost his touch. Well he's back with a vengeance with great 20 and 21 classes, and two of the top 5 in 22. I was surprise when he got the early commitments from Paterson and Ice. I guess he realized that recruiting is just getting more intense and he doesn't want the cupboard to get as bare as it did in 19.
I was actually thinking of the 2016 and 2017 classes as pretty week. 16 was just Soniya Chong and 17 was the transfer class with Megan. and 19 was just Aubrey and Anna.

Reactions: StorrsCentral
Well good and bad news that were in on some players but not ones on the list. I can think of only a few players that aren't on our recruiting list that I would be excited about. Tabitha Amanze, Sydney Bowles, Ryanne Allen are three after that your starting to get out of the top 100. Ryanne Allen is a teammate of Justine and to me she has a lot of game can shoot the three and get to the basket. I thought she was better defensively than Justine in the Nike Tourney. Eventually we'll know November early signing in not that far away.
She’s in the Top 100 and from what little I’ve seen, she’s a strong guard who finishes with contact with both hands and can shoot the deep ball

I think everyone can agree that the recruiting is lacking. We, as fans, may see the vision that Kellie is trying to sell, but these kids are wanting their story to be told elsewhere. Pat may have got to know kids early on, but a Tennessee offer was the biggest offer in the sport. Now, I’m not even sure it matters to most of these kids. That’s why we needed a coach who would perk these kids up and have them hoping for a Tennessee offer once again. We didn’t get that….I guess we will just be “coaching” up the players that the heavyweights did not want.

I think everyone can agree that the recruiting is lacking. We, as fans, may see the vision that Kellie is trying to sell, but these kids are wanting their story to be told elsewhere. Pat may have got to know kids early on, but a Tennessee offer was the biggest offer in the sport. Now, I’m not even sure it matters to most of these kids. That’s why we needed a coach who would perk these kids up and have them hoping for a Tennessee offer once again. We didn’t get that….I guess we will just be “coaching” up the players that the heavyweights did not want.
I don't see it at all and I think there are plenty of Tennessee fans that don't share your opinion. Recruiting is going a lot better than you suggest it is and Tennessee will be fine with the direction we are going. You are in the minority in regards to recruiting.

No, everyone doesn't agree with you. Just let it play out. It's not even signing day yet. No need to be a defeatist.

feeling a little in the minority,,let me introduce you to Darth...

I will not hard-judge Coach K until her 5th year and that is final.
Once in the fifth year of a collegiate job, the job is fully the coach's in every aspect.
She is showing progress in her and her assistants in going out and aiming for the marquee players and that is what she CAN do after the fiasco that was Holly.

So give her a little room, tuff guy

The funny thing is for YEARS we heard about not developing players. Now Kellies player show growth and we are bitching about recruiting (which i also include myself because i want it all). Then we get some solid pieces in place to help build a program AND a young lady rated in the top 20 and we are still mad (yes i want more too). THEN Kellie makes a coaching change because her head recruiting coordinator .... well... she isn't cutting it and Kellie addresses the issue and gets one of the best recruiters on her team AND an up and coming coach who is also making a splash on the recruiting trail. This is why we are in on some of the top 23s and 24s.

Kellie needs better recruits no doubt but to say she hasn't addressed some needs is not practical.

I also have loved to see the improvement in team play and the fact we got a #3 seed last year instead of HOPING we would get in!

just my take

The funny thing is for YEARS we heard about not developing players. Now Kellies player show growth and we are bitching about recruiting (which i also include myself because i want it all). Then we get some solid pieces in place to help build a program AND a young lady rated in the top 20 and we are still mad (yes i want more too). THEN Kellie makes a coaching change because her head recruiting coordinator .... well... she isn't cutting it and Kellie addresses the issue and gets one of the best recruiters on her team AND an up and coming coach who is also making a splash on the recruiting trail. This is why we are in on some of the top 23s and 24s.

Kellie needs better recruits no doubt but to say she hasn't addressed some needs is not practical.

I also have loved to see the improvement in team play and the fact we got a #3 seed last year instead of HOPING we would get in!

just my take
something else,,,right now we have the #11 class per ASGR in the nation for 2022 with one player

VN Store

Back