2022 Recruits

I think everyone can agree that the recruiting is lacking. We, as fans, may see the vision that Kellie is trying to sell, but these kids are wanting their story to be told elsewhere. Pat may have got to know kids early on, but a Tennessee offer was the biggest offer in the sport. Now, I’m not even sure it matters to most of these kids. That’s why we needed a coach who would perk these kids up and have them hoping for a Tennessee offer once again. We didn’t get that….I guess we will just be “coaching” up the players that the heavyweights did not want.

I don't agree with that.

Anybody got any info on these players. Kyla Oldacre was the best center at the Nike Ebyl tourney averaging a double double and 65 percent from the field. Kara Dunn 5'11" guard out of Georgia can really score the basketball one of the top scorers at the Nike Ebyl. Haven't seen a list on either player going by their play at Nike both are severely underrated by Premier.

Anybody got any info on these players. Kyla Oldacre was the best center at the Nike Ebyl tourney averaging a double double and 65 percent from the field. Kara Dunn 5'11" guard out of Georgia can really score the basketball one of the top scorers at the Nike Ebyl. Haven't seen a list on either player going by their play at Nike both are severely underrated by Premier.

E6vFXwRXIBco93q
TN not on it ?

I've watched Oldacre play. She is a big body (a very solidly built 6'5") and athletic at the same time. Very effective at the high school level. And I would anticipate her to be effective on the college level also. I agree, she's underrated.

Reactions: Volfan2012
something else,,,right now we have the #11 class per ASGR in the nation for 2022 with one player

Truth... Here is the thing too. Justine got invited to play in a game with other top talent. She was the MVP of a summer tourney with other big names there. BUT justine isn't going to go around and get more and more attention to improve rankings. That's been noted. So the fact is she might or might not be rated high when All American selections come around. But doesn't mean she won't be a good player.

Another player we are in on is ranked not as highly either but the coaches seem to really like her.

lol. What is the point of a list with 40+ schools on it? Might as well say "I intend to play basketball in Division I." Got it. Good to know. Thanks for the update.

I think she is trying to politely say she will play anywhere but UT ;o)

Seriously, Justine is a good catch. But we need more help in this class, and it doesn't seem likely it will be an elite player. So we will just have to hope we can scout out someone who will develop well and is underrated. Kellie did a good job spotting Justine before she climbed in the rankings so we just have to hope she can do the same with someone else.

Does anyone know how the coaches feel about signing only one player in this class? Is that something they are OK with, or will they go pretty far down their board to find someone?

Results. You can say that you are happy with recruiting and that’s fine. Where are the commitments? All of the targets they have are going elsewhere. I just don’t see a splash in recruiting happening.

Reactions: olddog
Some of you posters are either trolls from other boards, here to start trouble, or you are misinformed about the type of players Coach Kellie signed in her last class.... You act like Coach Kellie has only signed stiffs that can't play basketball and the other teams are going to use our girls as backboards....

Brookly Miles....Kentucky 2021 Gatorade Player of the year.
Sara Puckett....Alabama 2021 Gatorade Player of the Year...
Karolyn Striplin....2021 Alabama Sports Writers 2021 Miss Basketball.
Kaiya Wynn....Texas, 2021 5 A Player of the year.

2022 Commitment, Justine Pissott, rated by some services as the number 1 wing in the entire country...Looks like a killer from the deep outside, a real difference maker.

If and when another player commits for the 2022 class, we will all find out together...If not, we will be just fine....
kellie-harper.jpg

Some of you posters are either trolls from other boards, here to start trouble, or you are misinformed about the type of players Coach Kellie signed in her last class.... You act like Coach Kellie has only signed stiffs that can't play basketball and the other teams are going to use our girls as backboards....

Brookly Miles....Kentucky 2021 Gatorade Player of the year.
Sara Puckett....Alabama 2021 Gatorade Player of the Year...
Karolyn Striplin....2021 Alabama Sports Writers 2021 Miss Basketball.
Kaiya Wynn....Texas, 2021 5 A Player of the year.

2022 Commitment, Justine Pissott, rated by some services as the number 1 wing in the entire country...Looks like a killer from the deep outside, a real difference maker.

If and when another player commits for the 2022 class, we will all find out together...If not, we will be just fine....
kellie-harper.jpg
Great post. One more thing, some of you need to get your act together and stop falling apart and lashing out when a player commits to another team. My gosh, some of you are down right irate when Kellie does not sign a player you think she should sign.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Kara is the daughter of Stephanie Dunn. If that name sounds familiar, it should. Stephanie coached St. Pius X when Kelley Cain played there. Stephanie is a Georgia alum, so the home state school might have an edge there. Stephanie is coaching her daughter at Mt. Paran Christian.

Let's give it a little more time just to be fair.

I hear you but you need to listen to me lol 😂 But if you want to keep her on their til she commits i can respect that 😃 There is another player down to her final three who will come off the board... But let's leave them up til she commits as well.

Thank you for doing this! i hope u do this for the 23' class as well😃

Last edited:

VN Store

Back