2022 Recruits

That surprised me. I think in the last 3 years UConn has gotten much more aggressive in the recruiting arena. It seems like they get in on some kids much earlier that before. They had some pretty bad classes while Geno was away with the national team.

UConn had 2 very poor classes in 18 and 19 and the media was happy to speculate that Geno had lost his touch. Well he's back with a vengeance with great 20 and 21 classes, and two of the top 5 in 22. I was surprise when he got the early commitments from Paterson and Ice. I guess he realized that recruiting is just getting more intense and he doesn't want the cupboard to get as bare as it did in 19.

UConn had 2 very poor classes in 18 and 19 and the media was happy to speculate that Geno had lost his touch. Well he's back with a vengeance with great 20 and 21 classes, and two of the top 5 in 22. I was surprise when he got the early commitments from Paterson and Ice. I guess he realized that recruiting is just getting more intense and he doesn't want the cupboard to get as bare as it did in 19.
What ???
2018 was a "very poor class" ?
Is this what passes for fact on the boneyard ?
As per ESPN, in 2018 they had the #1 and #5 recruits. There's no way that can be construed as a "very poor class".
I'm not sure, but I believe that those 2 picks will be starters for 3 years each.

A school like Tennessee should not have to offer 2-3 years in advance to get someone to commit. It just shows we are not what we used to be and lord knows if we ever will be again.
In the past, Pat formed relationships with players as early as the seventh grade. She often waited to issue official offers because she needed to track players’ progress on and off court. It does happen that young players make no progress, fail classes, develop behavioral problems, etc.

In the past, Pat formed relationships with players as early as the seventh grade. She often waited to issue official offers because she needed to track players’ progress on and off court. It does happen that young players make no progress, fail classes, develop behavioral problems, etc.
ik Candace Parker said she met Pat when she was around 10-11 years old

It’s not completed we’re still in the hunt for a some players... 1 I don’t believe I’ve heared anything about until now
Well good and bad news that were in on some players but not ones on the list. I can think of only a few players that aren't on our recruiting list that I would be excited about. Tabitha Amanze, Sydney Bowles, Ryanne Allen are three after that your starting to get out of the top 100. Ryanne Allen is a teammate of Justine and to me she has a lot of game can shoot the three and get to the basket. I thought she was better defensively than Justine in the Nike Tourney. Eventually we'll know November early signing in not that far away.

Reactions: krichunaka
I think Watkins is silently committed to SC. That is the belief by some that follow it closer than I do.
Someone is so definitely could be her. The question is why would she just silently commit since she lives in Columbia don't think it would make anybody mad to know there. Now if she lived in Georgia I can see why that would happen.

ik Candace Parker said she met Pat when she was around 10-11 years old
Total nonsense to believe that coaches aren't contacting players three or more years before they are college eligible. It didn't start recently has been going on for decades. I can see why you would not offer until at least three years or two as you want to get a lot of information on the players before you commit to her. Fairly easy to determine if a player has the talent by her sophomore year in high school.

Agree!! Tennessee should be the school every recruit is waiting on!!! Kellie is trying to get us back to that. Things like,you don't wear a lady Vol jersey until you commit!!

I love the no jersey rule! But even Uconn has started offering earlier than normal because they are adjusting to the kids. Ashlynn shade is a prime example of offering a kid earlier than what uconn may normally do.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Hope the reason Flau Jay and Whitehirn dropped us is because Olivia McGee is going to committ....

Have no evidence of this just hoping.

What i have learned is it's not always about a kid dropping the school 😏

But yes... let's hope Mcghee is one of the big gets for TN. TN is making progress with some BIG 23s that should even get the most skeptical excited. Just hoping they can finish the deal.

Total nonsense to believe that coaches aren't contacting players three or more years before they are college eligible. It didn't start recently has been going on for decades. I can see why you would not offer until at least three years or two as you want to get a lot of information on the players before you commit to her. Fairly easy to determine if a player has the talent by her sophomore year in high school.

I think we might see an exception Lauren Hassell who is 6'3" as a 7th grader AND is turning major college coaches head. If coaches don't get in early (which ours have) they may not get in at all! Oh and our coaches are working this young lady especially since she is in our own backyard

I think we might see an exception Lauren Hassell who is 6'3" as a 7th grader AND is turning major college coaches head. If coaches don't get in early (which ours have) they may not get in at all! Oh and our coaches are working this young lady especially since she is in our own backyard
I think she and her parents are going to Tamika’s induction next weekend

This baffles me....The tape I have seen of this girl shows she is one hell of a point guard...Perhaps there is something going on that we do not know about.
Seems the standard for getting an offer has went up since Holly. You now must have more than talent again. I remember if Pat Summit went to see a recruit they had to have the grades in order and no team violations to get an offer. You also needed to be sitting at or near the front of your class. Evidently Kellie is using a lot of standards of performance other than basketball talent to make decisions on recruits. I think that will pay off in the long run.

Seems the standard for getting an offer has went up since Holly. You now must have more than talent again. I remember if Pat Summit went to see a recruit they had to have the grades in order and no team violations to get an offer. You also needed to be sitting at or near the front of your class. Evidently Kellie is using a lot of standards of performance other than basketball talent to make decisions on recruits. I think that will pay off in the long run.

This! She also is not promising playing time or starting spots to players which are a big reason why we are seeing about faces with some players.

What ???
2018 was a "very poor class" ?
Is this what passes for fact on the boneyard ?
As per ESPN, in 2018 they had the #1 and #5 recruits. There's no way that can be construed as a "very poor class".
I'm not sure, but I believe that those 2 picks will be starters for 3 years each.

You are right, I apologize. I was thinking that CW and ONO were 17 commits. It sure seems like there were two consecutive bad years, but thats what happens when we start following these players at such a young age, they all blend. I hope the LVs get who they want, and I wish them the best of luck obtaining the players that you think will bring them back to the national picture. Except for Shade, we want her. LOL

This baffles me....The tape I have seen of this girl shows she is one hell of a point guard...Perhaps there is something going on that we do not know about.

GT you are spot and Someone is getting a steal with her, That is coming from a HS scout. And i`m confident the ones that do the rankings will move her up.

Reactions: GameTime and Peas29
You are right, I apologize. I was thinking that CW and ONO were 17 commits. It sure seems like there were two consecutive bad years, but thats what happens when we start following these players at such a young age, they all blend. I hope the LVs get who they want, and I wish them the best of luck obtaining the players that you think will bring them back to the national picture. Except for Shade, we want her. LOL

maybe Shade might do us a favor and play for Indiana or Notre Dame😉

Bishop McNamara High School is a private, Catholic School and i`m pretty sure she has good grades. And if that`s the case sitting at or near the front of your class then we are gonna be in some serious trouble when it comes to recruiting.

Bishop McNamara High School is a private, Catholic School and i`m pretty sure she has good grades. And if that`s the case sitting at or near the front of your class then we are gonna be in some serious trouble when it comes to recruiting.
That was what Summit required don't know if that is a stipulation for Kellie.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back