2022 Recruits

My own honest opinion is that were in the best shape with Smith and LIttle Page Buggs, and I'm hoping and praying Ashley Watkins. The only reason I say Watkins is because of the way SC is loaded and so deep no way they are going to be able to play everyone enough now. I'll be one of the first to say that everyone in the SEC is playing for number two right now. SC has out recruited us all and are very strong for the next two or three seasons while everyone else in the league tries to catch up. I don't see them having a very strong class in 2022 and 2023 is certainly the year we need to break out with a top five. 2022 were looking for another top ten to 15 class which would be two in a row and put us in great shape to finish in the top part 2 through four in the SEC. Maybe we get some help or get SC at home and sneak into a regular season title in the next couple years.

My own honest opinion is that were in the best shape with Smith and LIttle Page Buggs, and I'm hoping and praying Ashley Watkins. The only reason I say Watkins is because of the way SC is loaded and so deep no way they are going to be able to play everyone enough now. I'll be one of the first to say that everyone in the SEC is playing for number two right now. SC has out recruited us all and are very strong for the next two or three seasons while everyone else in the league tries to catch up. I don't see them having a very strong class in 2022 and 2023 is certainly the year we need to break out with a top five. 2022 were looking for another top ten to 15 class which would be two in a row and put us in great shape to finish in the top part 2 through four in the SEC. Maybe we get some help or get SC at home and sneak into a regular season title in the next couple years.
They need to have a strong 22 and 23 class since they are losing Boston, Cooke, Amihere and Beal after the 22-23 season. Ideally, you get some replacements and backups to play alongside them as freshmen before taking over as starters the next year. They didn't grab a true C in '21, so that's probably what they are targeting, along with some high post options to compete with Feagin.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
They need to have a strong 22 and 23 class since they are losing Boston, Cooke, Amihere and Beal after the 22-23 season. Ideally, you get some replacements and backups to play alongside them as freshmen before taking over as starters the next year. They didn't grab a true C in '21, so that's probably what they are targeting, along with some high post options to compete with Feagin.
They have missed on most of their main targets for 2022 as of right now. They still have four or five but that class is not looking like their last two. It is looking more like a lower top 20. I guess if Watkins goes there that would be huge and all they need but they are mostly working out of the top 20 players for 2022.

They have missed on most of their main targets for 2022 as of right now. They still have four or five but that class is not looking like their last two. It is looking more like a lower top 20. I guess if Watkins goes there that would be huge and all they need but they are mostly working out of the top 20 players for 2022.

Don`t forget about 6-4 Maya Nnaji SC is high on her to. Commitment to greatness drives Maya Nnaji, Star Tribune Metro Player of the Year

Vanderbilt and Virginia ? If she go to SC then i will say KJH and TN will fall way behind SC in the race to win anther SEC title and NC title, And will put SC as one of the favorites.
She still has an enormous amount of teams on her list until she cuts it to five or so won't have any idea. What they do certainly affects what happens in the SEC way to many other teams that affects what you do in the NC title. What is Vandy or Virginia about certainly she isn't thinking of those lowly places to play.

She still has an enormous amount of teams on her list until she cuts it to five or so won't have any idea. What they do certainly affects what happens in the SEC way to many other teams that affects what you do in the NC title. What is Vandy or Virginia about certainly she isn't thinking of those lowly places to play.

You are correct i`m just saying if :)

You are correct i`m just saying if :)
We just need to have a good class in 2022 and a even better one in 2023. Were building they are already there. It would take two really huge classes to get where they are. I think this time around were hoping for another top 10 to 15 class and then in 2023 step it up to top ten. I can see who the top five are going to be in 2022 and were not going to be one of them.

Reactions: djtee
We just need to have a good class in 2022 and a even better one in 2023. Were building they are already there. It would take two really huge classes to get where they are. I think this time around were hoping for another top 10 to 15 class and then in 2023 step it up to top ten. I can see who the top five are going to be in 2022 and were not going to be one of them.

We still have a shot a 6-3 Watkins and 6-3 Barker

We still have a shot a 6-3 Watkins and 6-3 Barker
I just don't see a player living in Columbia leaving there maybe to Georgia. I am more inclined to think Smith as the post and I like her a lot. If we get Watkins we have done well and Barker and Watkins with Pissott would be a top ten class easily.

It’s not about a big class imo. It is how good is the top player each year (top 2 at most) now that the roster was built in 2021. 2023 is a long time.

If SC gets Watkins, Nnaji and a highly rated wing, I think Dawn would be quite happy. That's basically filling her holes from '21 and provides an opportunity for some top posts to learn behind Boston and Amihere.

It’s not about a big class imo. It is how good is the top player each year (top 2 at most) now that the roster was built in 2021. 2023 is a long time.
Yup, agreed. Needs to go.with quality over quantity with 2022 and 2023. The team needs a centerpiece.

I didn't say anything about a big class and don't expect we'll get any of the top ten players in 2022. We'll get some very good players all probably top 50. People that don't think were in a rebuild after the Holly years is clearly being delusional.

Last edited:
If SC gets Watkins, Nnaji and a highly rated wing, I think Dawn would be quite happy. That's basically filling her holes from '21 and provides an opportunity for some top posts to learn behind Boston and Amihere.
Long way to go to get Nnaji and don't know about Watkins she is right there in Columbia. I think their class is going to be down a little this time we'll see how it works out.

South Carolina has top classes on 2019 and 2021 .... There 2020 class was Eniya Russell #43!!!!

South Carolina has top classes on 2019 and 2021 .... There 2020 class was Eniya Rogers #41 !!
Yes I think they might be down the rankings some in 2022 also. They have missed of five of their big targets have four more could get them all but only one is close by Columbia.

Arizona says that it will settle for a Top 50 PG along with some supporting pieces—oh, and a 6-2 F who shoots jump shot FT’s. Ah, the spoils of chemistry....

Barnes is a winner. She was a winner as player and has been everywhere she’s gone as a coach. Adia took Arizona to new heights as player and now as a coach.

Our head coach has that same quality. Kellie helped take the Lady Vols from good to great during her time as a player. I have no doubt she’ll do the same as our coach. Spells good things for your team when their leader is a winner.

Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard. That’s what you saw in the UCONN/AZ game.

Barnes is a winner. She was a winner as player and has been everywhere she’s gone as a coach. Adia took Arizona to new heights as player and now as a coach.

Our head coach has that same quality. Kellie helped take the Lady Vols from good to great during her time as a player. I have no doubt she’ll do the same as our coach. Spells good things for your team when their leader is a winner.

Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard. That’s what you saw in the UCONN/AZ game.

And Barnes’ spouse is her top assistant who has an impressive basketball pedigree. Salvo Coppa’s father Santino Coppa is the European legend of women’s basketball. So she best not flip off her assistant....

VN Store

Back