2022 Recruits

Were in a bad place to take on players for next season. 13 on scholarship and could take two and that is it. Of course we could go over the limit don't see that happening. I see some info that says we might be looking to take somebody but that is just players in the portal following coaches on our staff. 2022 who knows may be after May 31 when the dead period is over and players can visit with coaches. Were in on a lot of players for 2022 most still have at least five and some up to 12 on their recruiting list. I don't worry about 2022 that is two seasons away. We may be going with the roster we have now and four incoming freshmen if so we'll see how it turns out next season. I think without Davis we would've been 14 and 11 this past season. I can think of three games where she was most of the difference as to why we won. I have never been to concerned that Striplin can't take up most of the KK minutes with as much or more efficiency than she had. Davis is different who will it be to fill those shoes. A freshman can't and Horston will only be able to accomplish it if she suddenly becomes a better shooter and offensive player.

Fans seem a lot more concerned that the coaches so have to trust them they know how fans can be if we take even a small step backwards.

Were in a bad place to take on players for next season. 13 on scholarship and could take two and that is it. Of course we could go over the limit don't see that happening. I see some info that says we might be looking to take somebody but that is just players in the portal following coaches on our staff. 2022 who knows may be after May 31 when the dead period is over and players can visit with coaches. Were in on a lot of players for 2022 most still have at least five and some up to 12 on their recruiting list. I don't worry about 2022 that is two seasons away. We may be going with the roster we have now and four incoming freshmen if so we'll see how it turns out next season. I think without Davis we would've been 14 and 11 this past season. I can think of three games where she was most of the difference as to why we won. I have never been to concerned that Striplin can't take up most of the KK minutes with as much or more efficiency than she had. Davis is different who will it be to fill those shoes. A freshman can't and Horston will only be able to accomplish it if she suddenly becomes a better shooter and offensive player.

Fans seem a lot more concerned that the coaches so have to trust them they know how fans can be if we take even a small step backwards.

I think the question for a lot of folk is does Kellie have it in her to tell the 2-3 players that maybe they bette seek options elsewhere

It seems to be the way that the sport is moving to
unfortunately and if Kellie wants to improve TN then she may have to do that to have an upgraded roster

I think the question for a lot of folk is does Kellie have it in her to tell the 2-3 players that maybe they bette seek options elsewhere

Yes we all expected that might happen now thinking she is not going to be the kind of coach to do that. If they want to stay and play the pre-season when they can and occasionally a couple minutes in an SEC game guess we'll work with them through the rest of their eligibility. I'm ok with that too still want to grab the best two players in the portal we can find even if it makes their playing time less than last season. I was hoping we would go after the two three transfer player transferring from Butler Okako Adika and try to get Jordan Lewis on the roster. Those two would elevate the three point shooting to a different level next season.

Okako Adika - 2020-21 - Butler University

Jordan Lewis - Women's Basketball - University of Alabama Athletics

Watch number four of Butler vs UConn she is going to make somebody a top player 33 of 74 from the three 14 points and 6 rebounds per game making .485 percent of her shot attempts.

Last edited:
Darth will now declare Karly the next Candace Parker and whine about what a massive failure Kellie is because Miss Weathers is going to Alabama.

She picked Alabama because they recruited her and she saw some promise in the program. I don’t talk to her about much because that’s her business but she at one time said the vibe within the UA program would have to change and evidently she felt that. She had an early offer from UT and she was disappointed that on the day they could officially offer, coach Harper was one of the last to call her. Which was NOT the way they said they would handle her recruitment on her unofficial visit. From what I understand she went from point of emphasis to afterthought in a matter of days.

She’s a 6’ guard who values the ball (something we don’t do), realizes that defense is as importance as offense and takes pride in playing it (something we don’t do), can score at the rim (something we can’t do which was evident in the tournament), involves her teammates and wants the ball when the game is on the line. She’s one of the hardest working kids I’ve ever known.

She ain’t Candace Parker and only a clown would say that but she’s better than some we’ve signed in the last couple of seasons and she’ll make that program better just like she would have ours. She’s around the top 60 nationally and she’ll be higher than that after summer AAU ball.

As far as Kellie goes the jury is still out but if you’re looking for someone that can get UT in the NCAA tourney, she’ll do fine. If you’re looking for someone to win the NCAA tourney, you’re going to be disappointed because absolutely nothing in her coaching career points to her doing that. So failure may be pushing it but she definitely has her limitations.

She picked Alabama because they recruited her and she saw some promise in the program. I don’t talk to her about much because that’s her business but she at one time said the vibe within the UA program would have to change and evidently she felt that. She had an early offer from UT and she was disappointed that on the day they could officially offer, coach Harper was one of the last to call her. Which was NOT the way they said they would handle her recruitment on her unofficial visit. From what I understand she went from point of emphasis to afterthought in a matter of days.

She’s a 6’ guard who values the ball (something we don’t do), realizes that defense is as importance as offense and takes pride in playing it (something we don’t do), can score at the rim (something we can’t do which was evident in the tournament), involves her teammates and wants the ball when the game is on the line. She’s one of the hardest working kids I’ve ever known.

She ain’t Candace Parker and only a clown would say that but she’s better than some we’ve signed in the last couple of seasons and she’ll make that program better just like she would have ours. She’s around the top 60 nationally and she’ll be higher than that after summer AAU ball.

As far as Kellie goes the jury is still out but if you’re looking for someone that can get UT in the NCAA tourney, she’ll do fine. If you’re looking for someone to win the NCAA tourney, you’re going to be disappointed because absolutely nothing in her coaching career points to her doing that. So failure may be pushing it but she definitely has her limitations.
Good luck to her we'll be seeing her play in the SEC.

If they (Kellie and co)backed off on Karly maybe it had somethin to do with Justine who they were recruiting the moment Lacey got hired ....Justine dad did say that TN recruited the hell out Justine and went after her 10x harder then anyone else. If Kellie and co REALLY wanted Karly they would have put the same effort they did with Justine

This is probably a good feeling for Currie losing all that talent recently. Good luck to the young lady i am sure she will have a fantastic career and a big support group when she comes to town.

PS don’t forget to wear your 🍊 to the games 😉

My post was not meant in anyway to criticize or diminish Miss Weathers. It was meant to point out a poster who uses any kid who goes elsewhere to unfairly criticize Kellie.
Regarding the sour grapes of your post I think we will do very well with Kellie including competing for Natties. I doubt Alabama, even with the addition of a good player and good kid like Karly, will be able to say the same.

If they (Kellie and co)backed off on Karly maybe it had somethin to do with Justine who they were recruiting the moment Lacey got hired ....Justine dad did say that TN recruited the hell out Justine and went after her 10x harder then anyone else. If Kellie and co REALLY wanted Karly they would have put the same effort they did with Justine
Were in on a lot of guards so hopefully were in position that we thought their commitment was coming. Second we might not have backed off but Bama is close to where they live a lot closer than Knoxville. Her family are huge Bama fans. It all points to them.

Being from Loretto myself I can assure you there are more BAMA fans in that part of the state than Tn fans. This was a no brainer.
Most all of my friends are Bama fans; trust me none of them even realize they have a basketball team. I know two that are UK fans, and one that is a Duke fan when it comes to bball; two of those are grads of Bama.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Maybe this is splitting hairs, but someone earlier mentioned that she was 6'. Max Preps lists her at 5' 9". I saw her play in person in the state champ. game two yrs. ago; she's not even close to 6'.
She was probably 14 at the time. She likely grew a few inches.

Wow, never saw that coming!

200w.gif

Were in a bad place to take on players for next season. 13 on scholarship and could take two and that is it. Of course we could go over the limit don't see that happening.

If that's a factor it's just a further indictment on Kellie. If she has an opportunity to take more than two players that could significantly help the team, she absolutely has to take it. This is a meritocracy, and as the coach she has to shape the roster with her best players. It's a tough break for the scrubs, but it would be a better situation for them to move on to a program where they can play anyway. Walk-on, or move on...

If that's a factor it's just a further indictment on Kellie. If she has an opportunity to take more than two players that could significantly help the team, she absolutely has to take it. This is a meritocracy, and as the coach she has to shape the roster with her best players. It's a tough break for the scrubs, but it would be a better situation for them to move on to a program where they can play anyway. Walk-on, or move on...
Everything is on indictment “on” Kellie to you.
She sneezed ! Fire her!

Maybe this is splitting hairs, but someone earlier mentioned that she was 6'. Max Preps lists her at 5' 9". I saw her play in person in the state champ. game two yrs. ago; she's not even close to 6'.
She is definitely closer to 6' than 5'9

This is a loss that could really sting in the future...another Tenn lady we missed out on...Over the past 5yrs there has been a dozen+ ladies from Tn that were HS 3+ & 4☆+ players, that went elsewhere...When the trend of missing out on local talent becomes prominent, it become harder to pick up good talent outside of the state...So far we have faired well with 21 & 22 class...Let's hope this continues...🧡🧡🧡🧡

VN Store

Back