2022 Recruits

I think the question for a lot of folk is does Kellie have it in her to tell the 2-3 players that maybe they bette seek options elsewhere

It seems to be the way that the sport is moving to
unfortunately and if Kellie wants to improve TN then she may have to do that to have an upgraded roster
She may have told them what her expectations were but they still chose to stay even if it means they wont play much. To some being a Lady Vol might mean more than playing time. Over my years of coaching AAU, there are several kids I have tried to get to go play elsewhere but many chose not to because of the relationship they either had with me or the trust their parents had in me or the program I was coaching for. I don't see her running anyone off like several other coaches have but I do see her keeping it real with them and letting them make the decision on what they want to do unless they put themselves in position to where they are dismissed from the program.

Last edited:
She may have told them what her expectations were but they still chose to stay even if it means they wont pay much. To some being a Lady Vol might mean more than playing time. Over my years of coaching AAU, there are several kids I have tried to get to go play elsewhere but many chose not to because of the relationship they either had with me or the trust their parents had in me or the program I was coaching for. I don't see her running anyone off like several other coaches have but I do see her keeping it real with them and letting them make the decision on what they want to do unless they put themselves in position to where they are dismissed from the program.

If it’s me, I’m approaching it like this. In the modern WBB landscape you are going to have to just spell it out for people.

“We love you, we love having you here and you’re a valuable part of the team. It’s unlikely your minutes will increase unless you can improve X, X and X. Any decision you make you will be supported 100% by the coaching staff.”

Leave it in their hands. You can get better or get gone. No hard feelings.

If it’s me, I’m approaching it like this. In the modern WBB landscape you are going to have to just spell it out for people.

“We love you, we love having you here and you’re a valuable part of the team. It’s unlikely your minutes will increase unless you can improve X, X and X. Any decision you make you will be supported 100% by the coaching staff.”

I think she has had those conversations with players and I just think they chose to stay. It's unfortunate that some don't/wont see the writings on the wall (or they do but choose to ignore it. So although I agree with you, I just don't see her telling them to "get gone" unless they have done something that requires them getting dismissed.

Lose a kid to Bama thats a few hours away ok, it happens. Lose a kid to West Virginia in your back yard, that's not good especially when WVU beats you in the same year.

I would've said to some players on the team you played 45 minutes last season. I am here to tell you that you may not get 45 minutes next season unless you suddenly become a much better player than you are today.

She may have told them what her expectations were but they still chose to stay even if it means they wont pay much. To some being a Lady Vol might mean more than playing time. Over my years of coaching AAU, there are several kids I have tried to get to go play elsewhere but many chose not to because of the relationship they either had with me or the trust their parents had in me or the program I was coaching for. I don't see her running anyone off like several other coaches have but I do see her keeping it real with them and letting them make the decision on what they want to do unless they put themselves in position to where they are dismissed from the program.

I think it is highly likely that Kellie has had the same conversation you outline above and the players want to be on the team and understand the goals they have to meet. Yanking scholarships is a good way to disrupt team cohesion and this team seems tight and enjoys playing together. I wouldn't want to go backwards on unity. Kellie saw this team daily and she knows the capabilities of each player. I'm thankful we have a person running the show that understands virtues like commitment, honor, integrity and truthfulness. She also knows how to build a team. If I'm a player, I want a coach like Kellie that I know has my back and won't fire me for not turning into a superstar overnight. Some ask if Kellie has the gumption to fire players. I'd say she does.....but simply doesn't want to.

Last edited:
I think she has had those conversations with players and I just think they chose to stay. It's unfortunate that some don't/wont see the writings on the wall (or they do but choose to ignore it. So although I agree with you, I just don't see her telling them to "get gone" unless they have done something that requires them getting dismissed.

That’s what I’m saying. She seems to me like the kind of person who will leave it up to the players. Spell it out for them and let them decide. I don’t see her asking anyone directly to leave unless they violated team or university rules.

I do think it’s a good sign that we haven’t had a bunch of people opt to transfer. To me that means that the players are mostly happy playing for this coaching staff which is a massive recruiting point over the next couple years.

I think it is highly likely that Kellie has had the same conversation you outline above and the players want to be on the team and understand the goals they have to meet. Yanking scholarships is a good way to disrupt team cohesion and this team seems tight and enjoys playing together. I wouldn't want to go backwards on unity. Kellie saw this team daily and she knows the capabilities of each player. I'm thankful we have a person running the show that understands virtues like commitment, honor, integrity and truthfulness. She also knows how to build a team. If I'm a player, I want a coach like Kellie that I know has my back and won't fire me for not turning into a superstar overnight. Some ask if Kellie has the gumption to fire players. I's say she does.....but simply doesn't want to.
She should tell them the truth about potential playing time and if the accept they should be allowed to stay. We have two scholarships for sure and two top players fills all our needs no need to force anyone to leave. They do need to understand their position on to team however so there will be no problems when the season comes and they see mostly bench time.

We didn't recruit the player being talked about and don't know that we recruited the other player very much at all either. I don't think it would've done a lot of good if we did. It was obvious early that they had already chosen and why waste a lot of time chasing a player when you have more than a dozen that you want more.

I do think it’s a good sign that we haven’t had a bunch of people opt to transfer. To me that means that the players are mostly happy playing for this coaching staff which is a massive recruiting point over the next couple years.

It takes a short time to destroy team unity and a long time to build it back. Forming a unified team is no small accomplishment.

Flaujae is a big time local rapper that is really talented. She is well known as a underground young female rapper who has very good word play and talks about some very serious issues. She has done a reality TV gig and that is how I knew of her.
anything new on her Sullivan has liked some of her posts awhile ago think we are still on her

I think it is highly likely that Kellie has had the same conversation you outline above and the players want to be on the team and understand the goals they have to meet. Yanking scholarships is a good way to disrupt team cohesion and this team seems tight and enjoys playing together. I wouldn't want to go backwards on unity. Kellie saw this team daily and she knows the capabilities of each player. I'm thankful we have a person running the show that understands virtues like commitment, honor, integrity and truthfulness. She also knows how to build a team. If I'm a player, I want a coach like Kellie that I know has my back and won't fire me for not turning into a superstar overnight. Some ask if Kellie has the gumption to fire players. I'd say she does.....but simply doesn't want to.
You CANNOT yank a scholarship for performance! These scholarships are GUARANTEED for four years! They can only be pulled for violation of team or university policies.

Reactions: mlindsay
As far as I know, there are colleges who give out 4 year scholarships. But it's my understanding that not every college does it and for those who do, it's mostly football scholarships that are for four years.

VN Store

Back