2022 Recruits

There simply isn't enough money to pursue a top flight women's basketball coach. We have to sign our football coach, whose career record is now 15-13, to an extension even though his contract isn't up until 2023. That mindset worked out great with the last football coach...

After not seeing TN not even on list for top kids in 2022 and 2023, let’s go back to your point on ability to spend. I think you were talking head coaching buyout plus hiring an established head coach. It’s not time for that and I agree we would never do that in this environment, But, why would we not hire a top recruiting assistant? It would not cost much at all and I’d bet some of ours don’t have a contract even beyond this season. It doesn’t look like we are getting it done on the trail and the natural first step is to upgrade with a women’s Kim English type. Thoughts?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Flau'jae Johnson has a very big social media following and those type of recruits usually never come to TN they are the Paige Bueckers,Sabrina Ionescus, & Hailey Van Lith....though she isnt being pursed by *big time* schools *YET*
She did just jump into the ranks (albeit as crazy as they are) so she’ll skyrocket as I expect many 2022 to do. The top girls that aren’t the consensus top 5 keep shuffling. Same goes with Gilbert. I’m pretty sure she was unranked when the LV offered her. Now she like top 20 I believe.

After not seeing TN not even on list for top kids in 2022 and 2023, let’s go back to your point on ability to spend. I think you were talking head coaching buyout plus hiring an established head coach. It’s not time for that and I agree we would never do that in this environment, But, why would we not hire a top recruiting assistant? It would not cost much at all and I’d bet some of ours don’t have a contract even beyond this season. It doesn’t look like we are getting it done on the trail and the natural first step is to upgrade with a women’s Kim English type. Thoughts?

I've made this point as well. Kellie isn't a great recruiter. I've seen nothing to indicate anyone else on her staff is either. Even Holly, for all her deficiencies, understood the importance of hiring great recruiters on your coaching staff. Did Kellie learn nothing from her failure at NC State???

Flaujae is a big time local rapper that is really talented. She is well known as a underground young female rapper who has very good word play and talks about some very serious issues. She has done a reality TV gig and that is how I knew of her.

Thanks, it’s depressing to not see TN even mentioned for any top four in 22 or 23 when several so so schools are.

That's a bit deceptive. Only a few of the athletes mentioned have released a "finalist" list of schools with one committed to Baylor. The rest either mention no schools or just list some of the top programs who are recruiting them "among others." Doesn't mean that we're not in the mix for any of them. The Tennessee brand simply doesn't carry the same clout it once did in the news cycles.

Kara will recruit at a high level at Duke, kids have seen her on the TV over the years and have a star factor connection. not to mention her time with the Celtics and how she can sell that. It only takes a few kids to open up the flood gates of success for years to come. Right now her marketing on twitter is next level to reach kids, talking to kids without talking to them directly..... makes a kid want to reach out to them.

Kara will recruit at a high level at Duke, kids have seen her on the TV over the years and have a star factor connection. not to mention her time with the Celtics and how she can sell that. It only takes a few kids to open up the flood gates of success for years to come. Right now her marketing on twitter is next level to reach kids, talking to kids without talking to them directly..... makes a kid want to reach out to them.
she has become very popular with her speeches she gives to her players going viral.

She is talking the talk
But will she walk the walk?
Coaching college age kids isn't going to be like coaching millionaire NBA players,,,,who play to make more money,,,It's a whole new ball game.
We'll see....

This is a Lady Vol's Thread....

Take the Kara love to Non Lady Vol Thread...
im-not-saying-youre-in-the-wrong-thread-but-wrong-thread.jpg

She is talking the talk
But will she walk the walk?
Coaching college age kids isn't going to be like coaching millionaire NBA players,,,,who play to make more money,,,It's a whole new ball game.
We'll see....

She has to prove it on the court no doubt. My point was not coaching NBA players, but selling that she was a female coaching in the NBA.... talking point to kids. This is what Kemba does, this is how Hayward does this or that. Like I said in regards to recruiting under the environment we are in right now she is reaching kids, coaches, parents etc on building her team/culture.

But, Kara is a Lady Vol what happened to "Once a Lady Vol Always a Lady Vol" 😂😂

She is still a LVfL,,,but she is a foe.
She will be competing for the same level of players we will recruit, she will ultimately play against us, she is not in this organization.

Those who are not with me, are against me.

I have been in this game for forty years...I have lost players and played against them later on...When I played against them, I made sure they knew the mistake they made, because, when they played against me,,,
they were trying to do the same thing

She is still a LVfL,,,but she is a foe.
She will be competing for the same level of players we will recruit, she will ultimately play against us, she is not in this organization.

Those who are not with me, are against me.

I have been in this game for forty years...I have lost players and played against them later on...When I played against them, I made sure they knew the mistake they made, because, when they played against me,,,
they were trying to do the same thing
lol I know just joking around ;)

VN Store

Back