2022 Recruits

Amb3096

For 2022, the most needed would be a point guard and a post?
Those are the two pressing needs, but they should also be looking for upgrade options at the wing and high post. I don't think Kellie can afford to wait for the '21's to come in. Pull a UConn, get the best players you can get your hands on, and let the chips fall where they may. Also, Horston will be a senior, and Kellie will need to be thinking about her succession plan.

lfvol

Does Kelley really need to sign a traditional center or would she be better off recruiting the 6'4"-6'5" player capable of playing inside or stepping out and striking from 20 feet out or further?
The later if the center is going to be slow or awkward. And for that not to be true, they almost always are very highly ranked kids. They are rare.

volnationnj

And word on Janiah? She looks like she could be a program changing player. The way she can rake and take in transition is modern and hard to stop.
I think Barker is the #1 recruit in her class. Yes, even over Betts !!
Betts needs some time in the weight room. Barker could play high Division 1 right now.

Kara will recruit at a high level at Duke, kids have seen her on the TV over the years and have a star factor connection. not to mention her time with the Celtics and how she can sell that. It only takes a few kids to open up the flood gates of success for years to come. Right now her marketing on twitter is next level to reach kids, talking to kids without talking to them directly..... makes a kid want to reach out to them.
Duke education, sells itself. Anyone could sign top talent there, just look at history, same for NC. It surprises me Vandy ( not on same level as Duke) hasn't done better in recruiting. A Duke, and Vandy degree leads to a heck of a lot more money than professional basketball for women.

37620VOL

Barely-Known Member
Duke education, sells itself. Anyone could sign top talent there, just look at history, same for NC. It surprises me Vandy ( not on same level as Duke) hasn't done better in recruiting. A Duke, and Vandy degree leads to a heck of a lot more money than professional basketball for women.
Depends on the degree...

Majors

Under that logic of education IVY League Schools would be better top to bottom. Not discrediting a Duke education but Kara to my knowledge is the only women's coach who has won a NCAA title, WNBA title and was on an NBA staff after she was on TV through most of these kids youth of watching college games.

NoBackBoard

Under that logic of education IVY League Schools would be better top to bottom. Not discrediting a Duke education but Kara to my knowledge is the only women's coach who has won a NCAA title, WNBA title and was on an NBA staff after she was on TV through most of these kids youth of watching college games.
Kara never won an NCAA title.

Orange Maniac

Appalachian American
You might want to rethink the NCAA title part.

LadyVols_WBK

Sabotage from the inside....Makes no sense.
If Duke was a public university then she would have been off the Trustee board since its illegal but because Duke is a private institution she's allowed too lol its a loophole.....your right tho makes NO SENSE for her to still have that position.

VN Store

Sponsors