2022 Recruits

I’ve heard Bransford and Patterson are two huge targets and they along with Pissott would be the perfect class of 3. The one thing I like About this coaching staff is they keep things pretty close to the vest when it comes to recruiting.
a while back you said to tune in cuz a 2022 recruit was going to be a Huge commitment...... this was before Justine so was your reference on Justine or does our Coaches got somethin else up their sleeve by bringing in the #3 ranked player in the country 👀👀👀👀🙏

Reactions: mcannon1
One thing about Ayanna Patterson recruitment is how zipped it is she isnt on social media sayin what offers she has,she isnt liking coaches posts,&she hasnt put out lists......this was basically Justine as well I didnt hear about her till she committed hell I didnt even know she had offer😂😂 it was really out of nowhere hope Ayanna surprises us by choosing the vols🍊🏀!!

Reactions: Hangtyme24
Something wicked this way comes.....
08111ddc-ba20-4ae4-b407-55eb14d2ce65-RBC_girls_hoops-5025.jpg

from some of these choices and how she plays in high school putting up over 40 pts a game she maybe wants to be the "star" of a program

I would agree. Several programs that need a star.

Hope she finds the right fit! Coach Harper has made it crystal clear the only goals that matter to her are team goals. Playing for championships. The way she substitutes will turn away anyone looking to be the star. I’m OK with that.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I would agree. Several programs that need a star.

Hope she finds the right fit! Coach Harper has made it crystal clear the only goals that matter to her are team goals. Playing for championships. The way she substitutes will turn away anyone looking to be the star. I’m OK with that.

And you think we don’t need a star?

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
And you think we don’t need a star?

Of course we do. It would appear she wants to go somewhere that she will be the primary scoring option and the point guard. All of the schools in her top 8 rely heavily on one or two scorers generally. That isn’t coach Harper’s style. The leading scorer on her sweet 16 team averaged 13. She really Likes the scoring to be balanced.

Of course we do. It would appear she wants to go somewhere that she will be the primary scoring option and the point guard. All of the schools in her top 8 rely heavily on one or two scorers generally. That isn’t coach Harper’s style. The leading scorer on her sweet 16 team averaged 13. She really Likes the scoring to be balanced.

That team didn’t play in a big girl league though. You need three really capable scorers and can’t really afford any dead offensive spots at this level. It’s really helpful if your point can be one of them. Let’s hope we can get one or two of the higher rated kids we are chasing in 22.

That team didn’t play in a big girl league though. You need three really capable scorers and can’t really afford any dead offensive spots at this level. It’s really helpful if your point can be one of them. Let’s hope we can get one or two of the higher rated kids we are chasing in 22.

You missed my point. Kellie appears to prefer spreading the scoring out over her roster. She’d rather have 6 players with 10 points and another 5 with 5+. She isn’t going to attract many players who expect to have the ball in their hands for the majority of the game like a Rhyne Howard. I think most of Kellie’s hallmark recruits will come at the 3/4 positions given her propensity for versatile players. She’s looking for a poised PG who will get the offense organized and keep the defense honest.

If I’d been a young recruit watching Tennessee on Saturday, I might have found myself thinking, “Oh my goodness! They’ve got so much depth at every position. Would I get to play much?”

Now, obviously any player who is strong enough and works hard enough will get quality minutes, so NO player should too much spend time worrying about that if they’re hard workers. That said, many high-school-aged kids don’t have the maturity yet to do much more than react to gut feelings, and I could understand how a kid might worry that Tennessee’s roster is already full of players competing strongly for playing time.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
You missed my point. Kellie appears to prefer spreading the scoring out over her roster. She’d rather have 6 players with 10 points and another 5 with 5+. She isn’t going to attract many players who expect to have the ball in their hands for the majority of the game like a Rhyne Howard. I think most of Kellie’s hallmark recruits will come at the 3/4 positions given her propensity for versatile players. She’s looking for a poised PG who will get the offense organized and keep the defense honest.

Plus, in this era of high-volume transferrals, Kellie’s strategy of spreading the minutes widely is a great insurance policy against finding herself wishing she’d gotten more players experience if someone(s) transfer out. All coaches would do well to make sure there are experienced backups at every position — just in case.

VN Store

Back