2022 Recruits

This is true, but you usually give any coach four seasons so the entire team is players she recruited before you start laying the hammer down on how the team is playing. I will certainly be in that group if after season four of her coaching career here at Tennessee we are not back to winning at a high level and challenging for titles and strong NCAA finishes.

Agreed. We need to get back to where we belong - final four on an annual basis. Hopefully Kellie is the one to make that happen.

At some point we have to quit looking to a miracle-player coming to TN as our future and put the trust and faith in the one who runs the program,,,The coach!

I am 100% behind the four horsemen coming in this year, Striplin, Wynn, Puckett and Miles,,,and 100% behind Justine Pissott next year.

I am also 100% behind Coach Kellie Harper as the coach who will take us back to prominence,,,
through coaching!
Not, through cherry-picking 5-stars

She does this,,,and she doesn't have to recruit, the top recruits will choose her
and, that, is as it should be!

The only thing better than having a great player play for you is having a great player want to play for you

Agreed. We need to get back to where we belong - final four on an annual basis. Hopefully Kellie is the one to make that happen.
That is why I will continue to be patient until year four of her coaching career here. I'm not committed to either she will or won't get it done just giving her the time to build the program in her style. The first two seasons have been adequate considering where we were in Holly's last season. We need a better season this year and progress from there. I hope she is the answer don't want to judge to soon or to late.

Reactions: LadyOrange
At some point we have to quit looking to a miracle-player coming to TN as our future and put the trust and faith in the one who runs the program,,,The coach!

I am 100% behind the four horsemen coming in this year, Striplin, Wynn, Puckett and Miles,,,and 100% behind Justine Pissott next year.

I am also 100% behind Coach Kellie Harper as the coach who will take us back to prominence,,,
through coaching!
Not, through cherry-picking 5-stars

She does this,,,and she doesn't have to recruit, the top recruits will choose her
and, that, is as it should be!

The only thing better than having a great player play for you is having a great player want to play for you
Exactly looking at recruits as being saviors has proven to be false in past seasons when Holly was our coach. I have to trust that Harper is getting the players she wants to make the program successful. I feel like four seasons is the time period to get that team recruited and were in year three this coming season. No reason not to keep faith in her until she gives you the reason not to.

Any honest evaluation of Harper's performance will take into account: 1) her first recruiting class was one in which she didn't have time to build relationships and get the best class that was gettable for UT, 2) the program, already at a low point, suffered the transfer of many highly regarded players, and 3) her first two seasons were heavily impacted by Covid. And while that's true of every program, the pandemic has taken a much greater toll on those trying to rebuild than those on cruise control. The established top programs had a much easier job recruiting in the pandemic.

For those reasons, I'm going to reserve judgement until the end of year 5.

Any honest evaluation of Harper's performance will take into account: 1) her first recruiting class was one in which she didn't have time to build relationships and get the best class that was gettable for UT, 2) the program, already at a low point, suffered the transfer of many highly regarded players, and 3) her first two seasons were heavily impacted by Covid. And while that's true of every program, the pandemic has taken a much greater toll on those trying to rebuild than those on cruise control. The established top programs had a much easier job recruiting in the pandemic.

We've got I guess arguably the second best talent in the league this season. I guess you could say that is Kentucky or maybe Georgia, but were right there in the conversation for second best talent. That should mean a better season should start this year if we can avoid injuries and players perform as expected.

I believe 6 is needed

We've got I guess arguably the second best talent in the league this season. I guess you could say that is Kentucky or maybe Georgia, but were right there in the conversation for second best talent. That should mean a better season should start this year if we can avoid injuries and players perform as expected.

Agreed. She's got talent and depth this year. We'll get a good read on how she coaches with more weapons at her disposal. My only concern is the point guard position, for which we have question marks.

Agreed. She's got talent and depth this year. We'll get a good read on how she coaches with more weapons at her disposal. My only concern is the point guard position, for which we have question marks.
The point guard concern will provide Brooklynn an opportunity. And I think she takes advantage of this opportunity and provides needed and unexpected production and help at the PG spot.

I wonder how much better Walker can be without a leg brace that is a huge question and also she has worked that shot all summer. If she is quicker has more lift with her legs on shots she will answer that point guard question effectively. I think Miles has the handle to supply a few minutes as a backup. She will have to improve her free throw shooting and decision making, but she is a factor as well. Horston can play there and were certainly waiting and wondering as to where she is and how she has progressed this summer. There are concerns and hopefully they will be answered quickly this coming season.

Reactions: krichunaka
Has this thread turned into a troll thread or are we going to talk 2022 recruiting?

Absolutely. Here's everything you need to know:

5o6035.jpg

The point guard concern will provide Brooklynn an opportunity. And I think she takes advantage of this opportunity and provides needed and unexpected production and help at the PG spot.

I will say that Brooklyn will be very important to our success. She has the quickness to stay in from of the other team’s pg. I know shoot blocking looks good but it also means our perimeter defense is lacking. Miles and Wynn will eliminate those uncontested drives and help protect Key from fouls.

Most of us have the same expectations. You will never get fair treatment from either person you are engaging with. Darth has his minion wannabes so don’t be disappointed with anyone’s lame excuses as to why they engage with him. He has always been a nega and will always continue to be one and will give the program grief regardless whether they win 5 straight championships or not.
I don’t have an excuse nor do I follow anyone. I am a whole grown man with my own opinion whether you or anyone else agrees with it. Next time you call yourself speaking on me be a man about it and address me like a man or woman should.

I will say that Brooklyn will be very important to our success. She has the quickness to stay in from of the other team’s pg. I know shoot blocking looks good but it also means our perimeter defense is lacking. Miles and Wynn will eliminate those uncontested drives and help protect Key from fouls.
As long as she’s not a liability shooting wise she’ll be successful for us. The SEC post play will make it hard for her if she’s only driving in for layups. Her passing abilities on the drive will be key as well.

Are you getting technical on the word gives? Is allots/designates better? Kellie plays everyone at the beginning of the schedule in real games, not just practice, those that play the best get more minutes in the tougher games, obviously earned, but all play as much as possible in games to be prepared to come in the game, if needed.
Games that count are not practice. Practice is where the playing time is earned. Don't practice well, don't play. As far as playing time being given/allotted/designated; it is appropriated by the best practice players. The object of any player is to practice so well they have to play you. There is only one word to describe a D1 coach who follows your pattern of playing everyone in early games to see how they play; fired.

Exactly. It is season number 4 that matters, it recruiting in year 4.

Games that count are not practice. Practice is where the playing time is earned. Don't practice well, don't play. As far as playing time being given/allotted/designated; it is appropriated by the best practice players. The object of any player is to practice so well they have to play you. There is only one word to describe a D1 coach who follows your pattern of playing everyone in early games to see how they play; fired.

It is not my pattern. You must not be watching our games, because Coach Kellie prepares the whole team to be able to come in the game if needed, not just in practice, but playing in the early games, and thank goodness she has, because we have had injuries, always unexpected, to several players, and their backups were ready to play. The subject was playing time for new players. New Lady Vol recruits will not only receive practice time, but they will play in games. The better player they are, in both, will determine their minutes.

Have you ever heard of practice players and gamers? Some people game better than they practice and some practice better than they play in games. Sometimes you can also have a set of players that on game day are better than the sum of their parts. On the flip side, you can have five great players that just don't fit well together on the court.

This is why you mix it up with some tune-up games and figure out which combos are best.

Have you ever heard of practice players and gamers? Some people game better than they practice and some practice better than they play in games. Sometimes you can also have a set of players that on game day are better than the sum of their parts. On the flip side, you can have five great players that just don't fit well together on the court.

This is why you mix it up with some tune-up games and figure out which combos are best.

I've only heard of one. Some kid named Iverson. You recruit kids who want to become the best they can be and those kids practice hard. You don't coach to exceptions. If you let players who do not compete in practice play more and in more important times than players who are busting their butt, you will lose the players practicing hard. The rule is simple, practice hard - Play hard.

Reactions: therickbol
I've only heard of one. Some kid named Iverson. You recruit kids who want to become the best they can be and those kids practice hard. You don't coach to exceptions. If you let players who do not compete in practice play more and in more important times than players who are busting their butt, you will lose the players practicing hard. The rule is simple, practice hard - Play hard.

I said nothing about practicing "hard". Some players look good going through drills, some even look good in 5 on 5, but they have a tough time translating it to game action. On the other hand you've got some players that practice hard but just don't look that great in drills but in live game situations they have the intangibles that help the team win.

VN Store

Back