2022 Recruits

If we could get both Cooper and Oldacre I think that puts us in the hunt for an SEC title and even final four in the near future. Were really missing a player like Oldacre on the roster she is a power forward that can also run the court. She is unstoppable around the basket and has that great touch and ability to finish shots. I would really like to get both these players know it is going to be tough to do.

I hope we are one of a very small group of schools that each of these players are considering. Do we have info on this? Thanks.

i think Cooper is down to three Tennessee, Georgia, SC. Khyla have no idea how many schools are still on her list she visits us October 8th.

She visits UGA this upcoming weekend. This will be her final visit. She is very close with Reigan Richardson, FYI. They played on Team Curry AAU together as well. Coop is tearing it up at the Top 150 camp right now. She was a day one standout.

She visits UGA this upcoming weekend. This will be her final visit. She is very close with Reigan Richardson, FYI. They played on Team Curry AAU together as well. Coop is tearing it up at the Top 150 camp right now. She was a day one standout.

Heard she had a helluva time with TN AND SC... UGA moving their visit probably gave them more time to prepare a razzle and dazzle for her.

would one of our many experts re recruiting start a thread with "information" on Oldacre before her visit this weekend. thx

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
would one of our many experts re recruiting start a thread with "information" on Oldacre before her visit this weekend. thx

Kyla Oldacre is due to be here this weekend! October 8–10 / 2021 This will be her fourth visit . She has previously visited , NC.State , Fl. state , and Miami , UT is her fourth! She can take five ….. She is a 6’5” post player from Ohio , ranked by ESPN as a #25 overall recruit. I find it interesting that she visited two schools from Florida and Miami is way away from Ohio ? So staying close to home may not be a big deal ? Duke , Maryland , Ohio State , are other schools of interest but I cannot find a scheduled visit with anyone else ? This 2022 big would be coming in when Key and Saunders are in their Senior years ….. We could use a big to go with Justine… Go get her kellie !

Stanford, UConn , and Oregon State have got commitments from the top ten posts …. Ashlyn Watkins #12 (We Offered) does not list us in her final four choices …. All of the other post left after #1 are only 6’ 2” or 6’3” but Oldacre is 6’5” …. She would still be a good get for 22…

Last edited:
Or drop it in this thread which is where 2022 recruiting info goes.

grumpy-ew.gif

Kyla Oldacre is due to be here this weekend! October 8–10 / 2021 This will be her fourth visit . She has previously visited , NC.State , Fl. state , and Miami , UT is her fourth! She can take five ….. She is a 6’5” post player from Ohio , ranked by ESPN as a #25 overall recruit. I find it interesting that she visited two schools from Florida and Miami is way away from Ohio ? So staying close to home may not be a big deal ? Duke , Maryland , Ohio State , are other schools of interest but I cannot find a scheduled visit with anyone else ? This 2022 big would be coming in when Key and Saunders are in their Senior years ….. We could use a big to go with Justine… Go get her kellie !

Stanford, UConn , and Oregon State have got commitments from the top ten posts …. Ashlyn Watkins #12 (We Offered) does not list us in her final four choices …. All of the other post left after #1 are only 6’ 2” or 6’3” but Oldacre is 6’5” …. She would still be a good get for 22…

did you notice in the video that Coach Joy was instructing in the paint

did you notice in the video that Coach Joy was instructing in the paint
Coach Joy was the post coach at Florida State, who helped develop KIAH GILLESPIE into the player she was and she received honorable mention All-American honors at 6-2. Joy is Definitely more than qualified. She was a pretty good undersized post herself at St Johns, so she would have relied on positioning and footwork to be good at that role. I think she could be a difference-maker in developing our posts. Can't wait to see what the results are in a few months, especially with some of the younger players' development.

Last edited:
Kellies assistants can coach all positions. It should shock no one that Joy was coaching a post just like she coaches other positions. Our post game was improving before she got here and I hope it continues to improve no matter how many coaches are involved.

As far as 2022 recruiting goes, we have an important visitor this weekend.

Last edited:
Hopefully this is ok to post here @Rickster because it has all grade levels but also kids we were looking at and possible future Lady Vols. This is from the John Lucas invite only 150 camp where all american evaluators were there.

But here is what they had to say about OUR commit justine! She is definitely a top player in the country and continuing to expand her game.

976F204E-B62C-419E-8DDC-A334CFC44806.jpeg

Here is Cooper who we are still in the running for and how she fared this weekend. Hope to get her in 🍊

64898CA8-3C9C-4079-BB6F-93E03EC2A26D.jpeg
Oh and here is the overall write ups for some other top kids at the camp.

LBI Event Recap: Wooten Top 150 Camp (Mansfield, TX)

sorry it's a long post but hope you guys enjoy

I'm sure many of you watch C. Clark play point guard and the post/ forward Czicano be the go-to down low. The other players were average. Clark
  • Led the nation in assists (214), field goals made (266), final points (799), points per game (26.6), 3-pointers attempted (286), and 3-pointers made (116)
  • Finished in second in the nation in assists per game (7.1), 3-pointers per game (3.87), and field goal attempts (564) she did have 131 TOs
  • Ranked seventh nationally in free throws made (151), 13th in free throw attempts (176), and 32nd in free throw percentage (86.8)
For those of us who are totally speculating the arrival of Pissout consider her as the offensive point guard surrounded by quality players. The offense would establish a new meaning of spreading the floor.

Here are a few sites of ranked IN STATE TN players by class 22-24...

Nyaa
0 from TN

Cori Allen # 18
Mallorie Collier #24

Jaloni Cambridge #1
Madi Hawk #28

BLUESTAR 30

0 from TN

Cori Allen #18
Mallorie Collier #41

Jaloni Cambridge #2
Madi Hawk #13

A list of players who either have no interest in Tennessee or from Tennessee, if you believe the scuttlebutt here...

VN Store

Back