2022 Recruits

How about these scores for Loretto:

Def Rogers, AL (defending 4A state champions) 64-43
Def Muscle Shoals, AL (Puckett's school) 66-48
Def Hillsboro 84-58
Def Lawrence Co. 59-40
Def Lincoln Co. 58-29
Def Ravenwood 59-32 and 52-33

So we play some larger schools. Most don't want to schedule us.
I literally mentioned this earlier... but we were literally talking about consistent good competition. Yes they play some good teams (6 games of which you provided. However, out of nearly 40 total games), but their District is the majority of their schedule and it’s super weak. You will never convince me Single A is good when they absolutely trash these other schools. AGAIN THIS IS NOT A DISH ON KARLY OR HER SKILL!!! HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS!?!?

I went to a Class A high school and played basketball. It didn't matter one bit. Primarily because I sucked but I did see some really good high school basketball teams/players from Middle Tennessee though. The natural great player can come from anywhere.
I literally never argued that. Tess played single A and Destiny’s HS team sucked. It’s not their fault.

Reactions: Hangtyme24
Again, I am not arguing that Lorretto is/isn’t a good basketball program.. I am arguing that the majority of teams they play are bad and the fact that the win most games by 40-60 points proves that

I thought other Lady Vol fans were smart. When a game is over at the half, or even after the first quarter, that’s not “tough competition”

Last edited:
Reactions: Hangtyme24
Seems to me things were going okay until you dismissed Class A teams as barely able to dribble and a Class A fan took exception to the characterization. Oh, and then there was the whole dismissal thing.
I understand arguing the single A comment (although go back and read and you’ll see I literally said the top single A teams could play with anyone)... but that’s their opinion. But what “dismissal” thing? Where? Please explain

No I wasn’t dismissing her. I was dismissing single A. Yes. It can be that bad. The top teams who make it to state in single A are very good and can hold their own against pretty much anyone, but outside of that it’s a world of difference from 2A and esp 3A (not to mention the top of 3A)

This one? BTW, I'm not arguing your point about 3A, 4A etc. If you look at a lot of P5 schools, most of their players are from big high schools.

This one? BTW, I'm not arguing your point about 3A, 4A etc. If you look at a lot of P5 schools, most of their players are from big high schools.
Seems to me things were going okay until you dismissed Class A teams as barely able to dribble and a Class A fan took exception to the characterization. Oh, and then there was the whole dismissal thing.
ok so you repeated yourself on the dismissal then...? And again that’s teams not players... great players can be on bad/average teams (1A-3,4,5A or whatever)

Updated 2022 offers (we know of)

Grace VanSlooten 6’3” W/F #14 ESPN
OH/Notre Dame HS/Sports City AAU 17u

Karly Weathers 5’11” G/SG n/a ESPN
TN/Loretto HS/ALSoStarz AAU 16u EYBL

Ayanna Patterson 6’2” W/F #3 ESPN
IN/Homestead HS/Ohio United AAU 17u

Cotie McMahon 5’11” G/W #37 ESPN
OH/Centerville HS/Sports City AAU 17u

Shay Bollin 6’3” W/F #20 ESPN
MA/Bridgewater-Raynham HS/Bay State Jaguars AAU 2021

Zyanna Walker 5’8” PG #13 ESPN
KS/Wichita Heights HS/Kansas United 17u

Last edited:

Shay Bollin's game is very similar to that of Notre Dame's Sam Brunelle. It will be interesting to see who will be CKJH's first recruit that's not from a neighboring State (Not counting foreign imports).

Thanks for this. My question is that if we already have six offers out, why would we have only offered 1 top ten player? Are we conceding we can’t compete for them and not tryimg? Are they not even accepting our calls? There has been ample time for relationship building so curious as to explanation.

Thanks for this. My question is that if we already have six offers out, why would we have only offered 1 top ten player? Are we conceding we can’t compete for them and not tryimg? Are they not even accepting our calls? There has been ample time for relationship building so curious as to explanation.
A few things. First rankings usually change massively after sophomore summer, but with Covid that may change. This means she may be looking at girls she thinks will be up there. Second, play style and need may play a large factor in a few of the “top” recruits rn

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Shay Bollin's game is very similar to that of Notre Dame's Sam Brunelle. It will be interesting to see who will be CKJH's first recruit that's not from a neighboring State (Not counting foreign imports).
I think it’s interesting who they have offered... considering we literally are loaded at the Wing and Forward positions in 2020 and 2021 classes

Thanks lol. Im surprised. She's a shooter like Kellie likes and tough as nails. Idw her to leave Tennessee.
This summer or fall would usually prove vital in her classes recruiting. Maybe they’re waiting to watch her again? It will be interesting to see how girls shift on these ranking boards without a true summer. It’s hard to think a girl with 3 Big12 offers wouldn’t be ranked considering there are some 2021’s that are ranked without one Power 5 offer still. Would be interesting to see if Kellie jumps in like she did with Karly (also unranked w/ multiple Power5 offers) believing they will be. (This is considering that rank actually really means something to this staff)

A few things. First rankings usually change massively after sophomore summer, but with Covid that may change. This means she may be looking at girls she thinks will be up there. Second, play style and need may play a large factor in a few of the “top” recruits rn

i get the summer eval timing. But the elite may shuffle in the top ten and someone might jump into the top ten from high teens, but the very top of class is well known by now. Not offering 3-4, understanding it is easy to not pursue vigorously if you learn something new, seems really strange. Would be interesting to see how many offers a UConn or USC have made in that class of players not in the top 20.

i get the summer eval timing. But the elite may shuffle in the top ten and someone might jump into the top ten from high teens, but the very top of class is well known by now. Not offering 3-4, understanding it is easy to not pursue vigorously if you learn something new, seems really strange. Would be interesting to see how many offers a UConn or USC have made in that class of players not in the top 20.
Not true... just look at the WNBA draft. And can you name a player younger than Azzi Fudd who takes up media hype (the only one who slightly comes to mind is 6’7” Lauren Betts). It all starts the sophomore summer when the USA trials takes place... Sabrina Ionescu wasn’t even ranked or on anyone’s radar until her 16u summer USA trial when she was an uninvited walk on. Many girls actually fall out of the top 25. Yes the top 10 won’t fall too hard usually but it can and I’ve watched close enough to know that many go from top 25 to barely top 80 by junior year. Just look at our 2021 recruits Puckett wasn’t even ranked and she’ll end up Top 20 Kaiya was around 50-60 and now in top 25. Rankings are evaluation based and rn there hasn’t been any evaluations in almost a year

As per the Uconn and USC comment.. Uconn has commits from 4 girls recruited outside of the top 25 in the 2020-2021 classes (Caroline Ducharme ‘21, Saylor Poffenburger ‘21, Mir Mclean ‘20, Aaliyah Edwards ‘20) all but 1 became top 25 (Caroline Ducharme currently #37)

I know for a fact USC has offered unranked/low ranked girls, too. Like Talyasia Cooper who literally just entered the Top 25 for 2022 this year AFTER South Carolina offered her

Not true... just look at the WNBA draft. And can you name a player younger than Azzi Fudd who takes up media hype (the only one who slightly comes to mind is 6’7” Lauren Betts). It all starts the sophomore summer when the USA trials takes place... Sabrina Ionescu wasn’t even ranked or on anyone’s radar until her 16u summer USA trial when she was an uninvited walk on. Many girls actually fall out of the top 25. Yes the top 10 won’t fall too hard usually but it can and I’ve watched close enough to know that many go from top 25 to barely top 80 by junior year. Just look at our 2021 recruits Puckett wasn’t even ranked and she’ll end up Top 20 Kaiya was around 50-60 and now in top 25. Rankings are evaluation based and rn there hasn’t been any evaluations in almost a year

We have one Kasi was top 3 in her class at one point then she fell to like 40-50 range

VN Store

Back