2022 NBA Draft and Offseason Thread

Seems like the players didn’t play into the weak management idea. But they spun it back to the players anyway. I’m staying with GS front office is weak on this one. The onus was placed on the coaching staff, lulz.

NBA rumors: Draymond Green suspension wasn't necessary in Jordan Poole's eyes

Spears added that Warriors players "weren't comfortable" levying a suspension on their teammate and so the onus was placed on the coaching staff to make the decision on whether or not Green should be suspended.

"And with that in mind, with what Poole and the teammates thought, ownership and the front office decide that Green would not be suspended, that there would be an undisclosed fine," Spears continued.

Well, good for our teams if this ends up being a mistake. I don't think they can win a title (this year) without DG and if this devolves into something where he has to be shipped off, then great.

I think assault is the same as discrimination or sexual harassment. You don't leave it to coworkers, or the person, because you don't know their motivations, and the victim may be scared of reprecussions. Of course the team is going to want to keep Draymond so they have a better chance of winning. But you got to think about Poole. And it doesn't matter what he says because it's likely he want to be a good teammate too.

But you have leadership, and you've got video. Draymond initiated contact then punched. That's assault. He should be off the team and suspended by the league. When Richie Incognito bullied the locker room, it was decided that sports aren't special. Harassment shouldn't be accepted because..... sports.

Reactions: zjcvols
I think assault is the same as discrimination or sexual harassment. You don't leave it to coworkers, or the person, because you don't know their motivations, and the victim may be scared of reprecussions. Of course the team is going to want to keep Draymond so they have a better chance of winning. But you got to think about Poole. And it doesn't matter what he says because it's likely he want to be a good teammate too.

But you have leadership, and you've got video. Draymond initiated contact then punched. That's assault. He should be off the team and suspended by the league. When Richie Incognito bullied the locker room, it was decided that sports aren't special. Harassment shouldn't be accepted because..... sports.

WTH. You make some good points, but nobody running a team would ever kick a talent off over this. He might get traded, and maybe that's what some of this damage control is about, but nobody is dropping an asset like him for no return because there was a fight (something that happens in the aggro sports world).

Nobody is "accepting" it. There is a punishment.

Reactions: Weezy
WTH. You make some good points, but nobody running a team would ever kick a talent off over this. He might get traded, and maybe that's what some of this damage control is about, but nobody is dropping an asset like him for no return because there was a fight (something that happens in the aggro sports world).

The punishment is a fine, which is weak, very weak. We excuse behavior when the benefit exceeds the risk and blowback. It's why certain people get treated differently. It happens all the time. I get it. But it shouldn't. Because that blurs the line of what is acceptable. It leads to movie producers harassing actresses, athletes (or cops) beating wives, presidents grabbing women by the nether regions. I get it, it's happened for millennia. But doesn't make it right. Off my soap box, don't want to derail a thread. Just think this is clearly ****** by the Warriors and NBA.

The punishment is a fine, which is weak, very weak. We excuse behavior when the benefit exceeds the risk and blowback. It's why certain people get treated differently. It happens all the time. I get it. But it shouldn't. Because that blurs the line of what is acceptable. It leads to movie producers harassing actresses, athletes (or cops) beating wives, presidents grabbing women by the nether regions. I get it, it's happened for millennia. But doesn't make it right. Off my soap box, don't want to derail a thread. Just think this is clearly ****** by the Warriors and NBA.

I think everything you are saying is a valid position that can be debated but I don't this is debatable. I'm not aware of the NBA ever punishing a player for something that happened in practice, and I don't think this is a reason to start now. Let the organization and the people closest to it handle it.

I think everything you are saying is a valid position that can be debated but I don't this is debatable. I'm not aware of the NBA ever punishing a player for something that happened in practice, and I don't think this is a reason to start now. Let the organization and the people closest to it handle it.

I thought of something....Shaq slapped Ostertag (so it wasn't an internal issue) which I would pay good money to see video of...

Seems like the players didn’t play into the weak management idea. But they spun it back to the players anyway. I’m staying with GS front office is weak on this one. The onus was placed on the coaching staff, lulz.

NBA rumors: Draymond Green suspension wasn't necessary in Jordan Poole's eyes

Spears added that Warriors players "weren't comfortable" levying a suspension on their teammate and so the onus was placed on the coaching staff to make the decision on whether or not Green should be suspended.

"And with that in mind, with what Poole and the teammates thought, ownership and the front office decide that Green would not be suspended, that there would be an undisclosed fine," Spears continued.

My freshman year in high school (I went to a private school) I had my pull chair out on me as a harmless prank. I laughed about it until for some reason my classmate then threw a 700 page math book from his desk while I was laying in the floor and ending up cracking my rib.

We weren’t friends but teammates on the baseball team. I was pretty pissed and got in his face about it but let it go until the next day in PE when I couldn’t breathe and had to go to the doctor and one my classmates reported it to the principal.

For whatever reason, the principal calls me into the office with the kid, who is terrified because he had never been in trouble. The principal then asked me what I think his punishment to me. Me being a 15 year old, had no idea how to react and just said “it’s fine I just want an apology” which he then preceded to give. We were right about to start obaseball season and I didn’t want him to miss any games since he was the starting 1B and I was the starting LF. We weren’t friends before but we were cordial. That stopped and we rarely ever talked unless it involved the baseball team.

Obviously, wayyy different situations. But with their ring night coming up, you don’t want your vet leader to miss it even though he should be suspended. My point being that this could really cause problems if they feel (especially Poole) he got off easy on this. Man this is gonna be interesting.

There is a difference between two dudes guarding each other hard for a month and getting into it (which for example Michael and Steve Kerr had) and what Draymond did. That was premeditated and purposeful. Draymond instigated that specifically to get into a fight.

There is a difference between two dudes guarding each other hard for a month and getting into it (which for example Michael and Steve Kerr had) and what Draymond did. That was premeditated and purposeful. Draymond instigated that specifically to get into a fight.

Pre-meditated? Honestly, we don't know much of anything about what led up to Poole getting punched, and it seems like you're jumping to conclusions. Hell, I don't feel like we know all that much about the Jordan/Kerr fight, besides what they have chosen to tell us 22 years later...MJ, as self-serving as they come, and Kerr who is always willing to tow the company line.

The one thing I will say is the Warriors know way more about it than we know, they are a well-run organization, and they also have their own interests on the line. If they **** this up, then they bear the consequences. They are concerned about their culture. They are concerned with Draymond's attitude. They are concerned with Poole's ability to move past it. They are concerned with what the young guys are feeling. They are concerned about PR. Etc. Why would they not punish Draymond hard if that were in their best interest? That's why I hesitate to put too much judgment on them. It's easy for us to disagree with how they handled things when we have a fraction of the info and don't have their best interest in mind. We just want them to make a strong statement about what we think is right and wrong.

Pre-meditated? Honestly, we don't know much of anything about what led up to Poole getting punched, and it seems like you're jumping to conclusions. Hell, I don't feel like we know all that much about the Jordan/Kerr fight, besides what they have chosen to tell us 22 years later...MJ, as self-serving as they come, and Kerr who is always willing to tow the company line.

The one thing I will say is the Warriors know way more about it than we know, they are a well-run organization, and they also have their own interests on the line. If they **** this up, then they bear the consequences. They are concerned about their culture. They are concerned with Draymond's attitude. They are concerned with Poole's ability to move past it. They are concerned with what the young guys are feeling. They are concerned about PR. Etc. Why would they not punish Draymond hard if that were in their best interest? That's why I hesitate to put too much judgment on them. It's easy for us to disagree with how they handled things when we have a fraction of the info and don't have their best interest in mind. We just want them to make a strong statement about what we think is right and wrong.

Did you actually watch the video? Maybe premeditated is a strong word, but that was purposefully instigated by Draymond. He’s the one at fault. That was punch was thrown with malice intent. This isn’t some sort of “hey man we got too physical in practice” sort of incident. As previously stated, if that happens anywhere else outside of sports, Draymond is arrested.

Did you actually watch the video? Maybe premeditated is a strong word, but that was purposefully instigated by Draymond. He’s the one at fault. That was punch was thrown with malice intent. This isn’t some sort of “hey man we got too physical in practice” sort of incident. As previously stated, if that happens anywhere else outside of sports, Draymond is arrested.

I don't disagree with your description of the video, but to me, pre-meditated means that he was planning on doing this and just waiting for his opportunity. It may be the case, but I just don't have any evidence, which is why I questioned it.

It's speculation/whataboutism, but what if this was a GSW front office employee he assaulted under similar circumstances.

@Weezy nailed it. Winning trumps all, and I would say that the organization here is actually acting in their best interest with just a fine. And doing so at the expense of an actual standard that likely applies to the majority of their organization. To boot, they are trying to duck responsibility by publicly pretending this should be up to the players to decide an appropriate punishment and deflecting the narrative to focus on how the video got leaked. For me, they look the opposite of a well-run organization and deserving of judgement, something I am happy to oblige on this here message board.

Kerr and the GSW organization seem happy to publicly pass judgement on issues & behavior they see as right and wrong. When it hits a bit closer to home, not so much.

FfDVxmuWIAA2tXk

Reactions: n_huffhines
Whoa, Wiggins is taking a paycut. He will make $33m this year, and his next contract averages $28m for 5 years.

donovan mitchell lost and the Utah Jazz won
View attachment 503634

I got Mitchell + Garland watch going all year and Murray + Young watch, too. Not sure they're going to be able to play off each other but it might also be awesome. Murray and Young both went for 20+ and 11+ with only 3 combined turnovers. Pretty nice statement, even if it's vs. the Rockets.

Reactions: TBrown

VN Store

Back