2022 NBA Draft and Offseason Thread

The way Sports center and Windhorst are framing this punch is interesting. It wasn't a fight, but a punch, bordering on assault by Draymond. But apparently the issue is....the video getting out?

Edit: ESPN headline: Sources: Warriors investigate video leak of scuffle.

It wasn't a scuffle. And I would say the video taker is more like a whistleblower. There would be no protection of Poole or consequence for Draymond if the video didn't leak.

Last edited:
The way Sports center and Windhorst are framing this punch is interesting. It wasn't a fight, but a punch, bordering on assault by Draymond. But apparently the issue is....the video getting out?

Edit: ESPN headline: Sources: Warriors investigate video leak of scuffle.

It wasn't a scuffle. And I would say the video taker is more like a whistleblower. There would be no protection of Poole or consequence for Draymond if the video didn't leak.

Why do you assume no consequence for Draymond?

If you think basketball is just about getting buckets, then yeah, he's not good. A lot of people find value in all-time defensive talent and versatility. A lot of people find value in a big you can run offense through.
He is a scrub

The greatest “right place, right time” circumstance ever

Borderline nba player otherwise

Pretty wild take. His teammates/system are not the reason he's elite at D.

Remember when you guys were saying that the only reason he got assists is because of his teammates and then they all got hurt and he still averaged 6 apg with a 3:1 a:to ratio?

He's gonna be HOF because of right place, right time, but borderline nba player is wild.

What are you basing this on?

Common sense.

They had 48 hours before the video leaked and chose not to suspend him. It's not that complicated Huff...

It took 12 hours for team to announce Dray's suspension for altercation with Durant. Again, if it was going to happen, it would have already

Common sense.

They had 48 hours before the video leaked and chose not to suspend him. It's not that complicated Huff...

It took 12 hours for team to announce Dray's suspension for altercation with Durant. Again, if it was going to happen, it would have already

There is no rush out of season. For all we know, Bob Myers is out of the country. Why would the Warriors tell the press they are working on disciplinary action if they weren't gonna do it? They also didn't have to suspend him for the KD thing because that was far less than this.

There is no rush out of season. For all we know, Bob Myers is out of the country. Why would the Warriors tell the press they are working on disciplinary action if they weren't gonna do it? They also didn't have to suspend him for the KD thing because that was far less than this.

Except Myers gave a presser (in the US) yesterday and said he did not expect Dray to miss games (i.e, no suspension).....

Except Myers gave a presser (in the US) yesterday and said he did not expect Dray to miss games (i.e, no suspension).....

You got a link, because this is the quote I found...

"As far as any suspension, punishment, fine, we're going to handle that internally," Myers said. "That's going to be an internal process."

Why did you say "common sense" if you have a quote?

Reactions: n_huffhines
In any other workplace, Draymond is fired. Why is it ok to accept assault because..... sports?

In any other workplace, Draymond is fired. Why is it ok to accept assault because..... sports?

Just because he's not fired doesn't mean it's OK.

Professional sports are not other workplaces and people with normal jobs get confused by this fact. I'm also willing to bet that fights have gone unpunished on blue collar jobsites. Hell, I used to have a co-worker show up high on meth when I worked landscaping. The Warriors wouldn't let DG do that and he'd be nuts to be asking why Danny Smith can do it but he can't.

A fight implies both parties engaged. This was an assault. But I don’t see much being done to Green. He’s fine with the narrative on him, and this just adds to it.

A fight implies both parties engaged. This was an assault. But I don’t see much being done to Green. He’s fine with the narrative on him, and this just adds to it.

Do you think DG hits him like that if Poole doesn't put hands on him first? I do not, but who knows. We're splitting hairs by correcting people for calling it a fight.

VN Store

Back