2022 NBA Draft and Offseason Thread

Haralabob, in reference to Ayton, says flat out that you can't pay a center a max contract and expect to compete for titles, unless it's a guy you can run the offense thru, like Embiid or Jokic. Him and Bill Simmons were talking about trading Ayton's rights to the Pacers for Myles Turner and the #7 pick. I say do it.

There is a Jaylin Williams and a Jalen Williams in this draft, and I'm seeing both near the end of the 1st round in mocks. Gonna suck for one of them to hear his name and it not be his name.

Reactions: Plecoptera
There is a Jaylin Williams and a Jalen Williams in this draft, and I'm seeing both near the end of the 1st round in mocks. Gonna suck for one of them to hear his name and it not be his name.
Hopefully they know what university they went to

Hopefully their agent/the drafting team tells them like 5 minutes in advance

Hopefully they have twitter

Etc

There is another Jaylin Williams playing for Auburn right now. I listened to Jalen Green on a podcast yesterday saying there are "so many Jalens now" and today I found out there are 3 major college hoops players named Jalen/Jaylin Williams. Just weird.

Reactions: Plecoptera
These are all the 1st round names I've seen floating around. I compared the stats of the guys coming from the college ranks and gave them letter grades. I'm not saying the grade means one guy should be drafted over the other, but I am looking for confirmation of promise or red flags. Keegan Murray's stats are nice!

1653519119288.png

Last edited:
Haralabob, in reference to Ayton, says flat out that you can't pay a center a max contract and expect to compete for titles, unless it's a guy you can run the offense thru, like Embiid or Jokic. Him and Bill Simmons were talking about trading Ayton's rights to the Pacers for Myles Turner and the #7 pick. I say do it.

I meant to say #6 pick, which Suns could use to grab Keegan Murray. I would definitely take Turner and Murray for Ayton, all things considered.

This article actually has better trades (and some worse) for Gobert

Atlanta Hawks
• Trade offer: Clint Capela, Kevin Huerter and a first-round draft pick

Charlotte Hornets
• Trade offer: Terry Rozier, PJ Washington, Mason Plumlee and a first-round draft pick

Brooklyn Nets
• Trade offer: Ben Simmons and two first-round draft picks

Chicago Bulls
• Trade offer: Nikola Vucevic, Patrick Williams and two first-round draft picks

Dallas Mavericks
Trade offer: Reggie Bullock, Dwight Powell, Davis Bertans and two first-round draft picks

Golden State Warriors
• Trade offer: Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman and a first-round draft pick

Los Angeles Clippers
Trade offer: Ivica Zubac, Luke Kennard, Marcus Morris and a first-round draft pick

Memphis Grizzlies
• Trade offer: Steven Adams, De'Anthony Melton, Brandon Clarke and a first-round draft pick

Portland Trail Blazers
Trade offer: Eric Bledsoe, Anfernee Simons and a first-round draft pick

Washington Wizards
• Trade offer: Kristaps Porzingis, Deni Avdija and two first-round draft picks

Exploring the trade market for Utah Jazz stars Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert

Hawks should keep Capela and trade John Collins and Huerter and picks for Gobert.

I don't get why the Suns would do it for Grant, but I do see Detroit as a strong chance of landing Ayton. I think Suns would want their pick or a 3rd team in the trade, and they're going to try to offload Shamet and Saric.

I don't get why the Suns would do it for Grant, but I do see Detroit as a strong chance of landing Ayton. I think Suns would want their pick or a 3rd team in the trade, and they're going to try to offload Shamet and Saric.

Grant/Stewart for Ayton/Saric is a great trade for both teams IMO.

Cade
Murray
Ayton
Bey

That’s something

Something Russillo has been blasting on his show recently is how bad the success rate of top picks is, and he sets the bar for "success" extremely low. Are you still with the team that drafted you?

This is 2015

1654610042802.png

This is 2016

1654609653088.png

This is 2017, which is one of the best drafts ever

1654609713658.png

2018 isn't so bad (yet) but Ayton, Bamba, and Sexton are very likely to move soon. I've heard Miles Bridges rumors, too.

1654609934670.png

Something Russillo has been blasting on his show recently is how bad the success rate of top picks is, and he sets the bar for "success" extremely low. Are you still with the team that drafted you?

This is 2015

View attachment 461936

This is 2016

View attachment 461933

This is 2017, which is one of the best drafts ever

View attachment 461934

2018 isn't so bad (yet) but Ayton, Bamba, and Sexton are very likely to move soon. I've heard Miles Bridges rumors, too.

View attachment 461935

Shai was centerpiece for Paul George, Sabonis got moved for Haliburton, and Ingram was centerpiece of AD trade. Hard to consider those bad picks.

But yeah, he's onto something generally.

Reactions: TBrown
Shai was centerpiece for Paul George, Sabonis got moved for Haliburton, and Ingram was centerpiece of AD trade. Hard to consider those bad picks.

But yeah, he's onto something generally.

Sabonis (and Oladipo) got traded for Paul George, but yeah, those aren't failures as picks, they're just outlier data points by this measure.

This is not surprising to me at all. Most players aren't elite enough to get a 2nd contract with small market teams and, as Mojo pointed out, big market teams are likely to package you to get a star on the roster.

VN Store

Back