2022 NBA Draft and Offseason Thread

This is not surprising to me at all. Most players aren't elite enough to get a 2nd contract with small market teams and, as Mojo pointed out, big market teams are likely to package you to get a star on the roster.

But why would you need to be elite to get a 2nd contract? What about just being wanted?

But why would you need to be elite to get a 2nd contract? What about just being wanted?

I assume that teams decide to pay a lower price by going back to the draft and hope they hit even bigger. Idk - just didn't seem that surprising to me. Particularly given the amount of player movement in the league.

Problem with Spyda. He plays like a #1 but he’s not good enough to lead your team to a title as a #1…but he doesn’t seem like he can adjust to be a #2.

Problem with Spyda. He plays like a #1 but he’s not good enough to lead your team to a title as a #1…but he doesn’t seem like he can adjust to be a #2.

I think he can be #2 to a point forward type, like what Lebron had with Kyrie and Wade. He can't be the primary ball handler. He can't be #2 to a center or a Kawhi type because he's not a good enough setup guy. He can't be #2 to another guard because there are basically no big 2-way guards who are better than him on offense, so the back court will just get cooked.

I think he can be #2 to a point forward type, like what Lebron had with Kyrie and Wade. He can't be the primary ball handler. He can't be #2 to a center or a Kawhi type because he's not a good enough setup guy. He can't be #2 to another guard because there are basically no big 2-way guards who are better than him on offense, so the back court will just get cooked.

You think he could play alongside a Cade, Lamelo, Lonzo type?

Does any of them have enough assets to get it done? I'd assume Detroit might.

You think he could play alongside a Cade, Lamelo, Lonzo type?

Does any of them have enough assets to get it done? I'd assume Detroit might.

Lonzo is kinda perfect because he can take the tough defensive assignment and he can be your true PG but he doesn't dominate ball. You'd definitely still need somebody at 3 or 4 who can be the go-to guy late in the game. Mitchell is great for winning playoff games by 20. You need someone else to win playoff games by a bucket.

I've heard Vucevic and P Williams for Rudy (which I hate), actually, but nothing about Mitchell. It would have to include DD, Caruso, Williams, and a few picks, I think. I would also think it means Zach Lavine is signing elsewhere?

I wonder if Jazz would do Mitchell for Bey and #5?

Last edited:
Problem with “spyda” is that he sucks

If true...the audacity of narrowing it down to 2 choices, as if you are a top tier superstar in the final year of your contract.

1655003770154.png

Reactions: TBrown
So Huff, have the Suns passed the Jazz as your favorite team ? .......or are you more invested since you live there ?

So Huff, have the Suns passed the Jazz as your favorite team ? .......or are you more invested since you live there ?

It's complicated. I kinda liked the Suns ever since Barkley was traded here. He was my favorite player ever. I hate Suns ownership* but I love the franchise plus I live here now going on 10 years.

It's not exactly easy to follow the Jazz from here and I like their ownership but I'm not crazy about Ainge, our stars, or our fans. I'm not a lifelong Jazz fan. I moved to Utah from Tennessee in 1997 at age 15 and didn't feel like I could jump on the bandwagon. I was an NBA nomad who just followed players until around 2003. I started rooting for the Jazz when they were ******. So all that is to say I don't really have strong ties to them. It's also sort of futile being a Jazz fan. Good players don't want to go there. You never feel cool as a fan saying "I like the Jazz."

I definitely care a little more about the Suns now, and it's hard to imagine going back to Utah as my #1 because of geography.

*I hope the league makes Sarver sell.

Reactions: The Dog
It's complicated. I kinda liked the Suns ever since Barkley was traded here. He was my favorite player ever. I hate Suns ownership* but I love the franchise plus I live here now going on 10 years.

It's not exactly easy to follow the Jazz from here and I like their ownership but I'm not crazy about Ainge, our stars, or our fans. I'm not a lifelong Jazz fan. I moved to Utah from Tennessee in 1997 at age 15 and didn't feel like I could jump on the bandwagon. I was an NBA nomad who just followed players until around 2003. I started rooting for the Jazz when they were ******. So all that is to say I don't really have strong ties to them. It's also sort of futile being a Jazz fan. Good players don't want to go there. You never feel cool as a fan saying "I like the Jazz."

I definitely care a little more about the Suns now, and it's hard to imagine going back to Utah as my #1 because of geography.

*I hope the league makes Sarver sell.
It's been tough being a Pistons fan since '81,:except we do have 3 rings in 40+ years to the Jazz and Suns combined zero. But, the Pistons have been so bad, recently, I had to make the Clippers my 2nd team. At least, I picked another historically bad franchise. Believe it or not, I remember when they were the San Diego Clippers, with World B. Free

Reactions: n_huffhines
It's been tough being a Pistons fan since '81,:except we do have 3 rings in 40+ years to the Jazz and Suns combined zero. But, the Pistons have been so bad, recently, I had to make the Clippers my 2nd team. At least, I picked another historically bad franchise. Believe it or not, I remember when they were the San Diego Clippers, with World B. Free

Pistons are doing well to aggregate assets right now, at least.

Ha. Trying being a Knicks fan, then Grizzlies 😂

At least we have Ja though, so there’s that

VN Store

Back