2022 CFP National Championship Game Thread: UGA -vs- Alabama

I hope Vince Dooley trips on a helmet
36344e038a562928174e3c29c6dd3f15-original.jpg

There should be a BIIGGGG asterisk next to this national championship. Bama won it a few weeks ago and then Georgia gets to play them without their best playmakers. This is stupid. Bama wins by 20 if they’re healthy.

Georgia already lost to them. It’s dumb they play again.

Asterisks are more for cheating. The reality is the CFP system has made the Conference Championship Game still a very helpful, important stepping stone…but no longer a national title necessity like it was in the previous systems.

There should be a BIIGGGG asterisk next to this national championship. Bama won it a few weeks ago and then Georgia gets to play them without their best playmakers. This is stupid. Bama wins by 20 if they’re healthy.
Young’s two INT’s weren’t going to be caught by Metchie or Williams. The constant pressure he was under wasn’t going to be alleviated by Williams or Metchie or having Armour-Davis or Jobe on defense. UGA got pressure and a lot of hits on Young tonight where they couldn’t get close to him in ATL. The pressure was the difference tonight.

I realized for the first time tonight that I hate Georgia more than Alabama. I knew I hated them both, but there’s something about Kirby Smart that makes me want to throat punch him
I still despise Florida and Kentucky more than Georgia (barely) but as far as SEC coaches go, Kirby is at the top of my crap list. I respect Saban, there is absolutely no respect for Smart.

That's how playoffs work. UGA was one of the four best teams.

Frankly, I don't know that Bama would have beat Michigan with the injuries we accumulated over the last 3 games.
Michigan’s offense is anemic vs a solid defense. Overall their team reminds me of the mid 2000’s OSU teams; you can tell the speed just isn’t there.

Making that cut was a terrible decision
Thats how he has played all season. Sometimes the plays you have done a million times before your body says not this time. Sadly it almost always happens to the most explosive players. Our bodies are not designed to do the things players like Williams do. But it happened and wish the kid the best going forward.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back