2021 NFL Offseason Thread

Daniel Jeremiah says there is no way you can trade Rodgers.

Apparently, the 49ers offered Bosa, #3, and other picks and were turned down. ESPN guys were saying the Broncos would have to offer Surtain II, Tim Patrick, two future 1sts, and Lock.

I don't get any of this. Packers should have done it for Bosa and #3 alone. Say Surtain II is a 6-time pro bowler and the Broncos don't win a SB with Rodgers, they lose the trade right there, forget about the other 4 pieces. How can a 38-year-old quarterback be that valuable?

Apparently, the 49ers offered Bosa, #3, and other picks and were turned down. ESPN guys were saying the Broncos would have to offer Surtain II, Tim Patrick, two future 1sts, and Lock.

I don't get any of this. Packers should have done it for Bosa and #3 alone. Say Surtain II is a 6-time pro bowler and the Broncos don't win a SB with Rodgers, they lose the trade right there, forget about the other 4 pieces. How can a 38-year-old quarterback be that valuable?
The had the Skins as the second best trade option. I don't want to give up 4 picks for a QB you might have for only 2 to 3 years.

Reactions: n_huffhines
When were the 49ers/Skins making the offer? A week before the draft is one thing. If it was the day of the draft I could see GB not jumping on a trade if they weren't planning on trading Rodgers to begin with.

My guess is GB knows what they have in Jordan Love, they don't think he's ready to take them into the playoffs, and they're hoping they can get Rodgers back in for this year at least.

When were the 49ers/Skins making the offer? A week before the draft is one thing. If it was the day of the draft I could see GB not jumping on a trade if they weren't planning on trading Rodgers to begin with.

My guess is GB knows what they have in Jordan Love, they don't think he's ready to take them into the playoffs, and they're hoping they can get Rodgers back in for this year at least.

The 49ers thing is a draft day rumor and the Redskins offer is just speculation from insiders. That one isn't even a rumor.

I think I may be overlooking the biggest factor for the Packers is the actual profit side of things. They don't think they are going to win a SB but Rodgers is a superstar and he's worth revenue to them.

If it just comes down to football, if Jordan Love isn't good, then take #3 and get Lance. If Love will be good but isn't ready to make them a success in 2021, who cares? He has to get his reps to get better at some point. Use that #3 pick to draft a generational talent at TE to go with your young QB and anchor an already good D with Bosa.

They probably didn’t spend time evaluating QBs in this draft.

The smart teams evaluate everybody because even if you aren't picking a QB, you can learn. Russell Wilson is mad the Seahawks watched Josh Allen's pro day...they weren't ever gonna draft Josh Allen, but 3 years later they are finding out they were right/wrong about him and figuring out why they were right/wrong.

If it just comes down to football, if Jordan Love isn't good, then take #3 and get Lance.

If that's where they're really at, I don't know if the GM would admit it with a Trey Lance pick after trading up to draft Love last year and causing much of the situation with Rodgers now.

Would Rodgers bring in that much more revenue? I'd think GB would sell out regardless. Where else would Rodgers bring the Packers revenue that Love wouldn't? Not being sarcastic, I might be missing something obvious.

I'd think it comes down to playoffs/Super Bowl. They were very close to making the Super Bowl with Rodgers last year. Not sure what they've lost/added in the off season, but Rodgers at qb would make any decent team better.

If that's where they're really at, I don't know if the GM would admit it with a Trey Lance pick after trading up to draft Love last year and causing much of the situation with Rodgers now.

Would Rodgers bring in that much more revenue? I'd think GB would sell out regardless. Where else would Rodgers bring the Packers revenue that Love wouldn't? Not being sarcastic, I might be missing something obvious.

I'd think it comes down to playoffs/Super Bowl. They were very close to making the Super Bowl with Rodgers last year. Not sure what they've lost/added in the off season, but Rodgers at qb would make any decent team better.

It's more than just tickets. You sell more merch when you're good and/or have a superstar. And you get stupid $ for hosting a playoff game or two, like they did last year.

They were close to a SB but they were big time pretenders. Amazing record but they only beat a couple of good teams all year. Now Rodgers is another year older and you gotta assume they'll see a tougher schedule.

It's more than just tickets. You sell more merch when you're good and/or have a superstar. And you get stupid $ for hosting a playoff game or two, like they did last year.
Ok. I thought the merchandise outside of local sales was revenue shared between all NFL teams. Didn't think it would be that substantial of a change if they made a move to Love/away from Rodgers just because of GB's fan base being incredibly loyal.

The smart teams evaluate everybody because even if you aren't picking a QB, you can learn. Russell Wilson is mad the Seahawks watched Josh Allen's pro day...they weren't ever gonna draft Josh Allen, but 3 years later they are finding out they were right/wrong about him and figuring out why they were right/wrong.

Fair enough and they probably looked at them. But I would think the evaluation would have been a bit more detailed if they knew AR was heading out and they would need to trade to select a QB. It's all speculation until more details come out or the situation is "resolved."

I have an extremely hard time believing that was offered or that it would be turned down

Fair enough and they probably looked at them. But I would think the evaluation would have been a bit more detailed if they knew AR was heading out and they would need to trade to select a QB. It's all speculation until more details come out or the situation is "resolved."

Seems like that would definitely be true.

Matthew Stafford got sacked with incompetency among incompetency among incompetency year after year after year yet never bitched or complained. He never had an elite O-Line, he never had a good RB, he never had an elite TE. He played with one great defense. He never had a good OC. He never had a good HC. Yet he kept his head down and played football. He made a professsional trade request after being told it was a complete tear down, it was respected, he handled it with class and thanked the organization with dignity.

Meanwhile...Aaron Rodgers gets drafted by one of the best organizations in football, takes over a NFC title game participant when he becomes the starter, wins a Super Bowl in year 3 and has enough talent to go 15-1 the next year. He’s played with multiple elite defenses. He’s had two good head coaches. He’s played with an elite O-Line that gets to hold whenever they want his entire career. He’s played with multiple pro bowl WR’s and TE’s and a plethora of good RB’s. He has constantly been paid as a top QB. Yet he is demanding a trade because the FO allegedly has bad “culture” and the man who doesn’t speak to his family says “it’s about the people”? Man GTFO

Matthew Stafford got sacked with incompetency among incompetency among incompetency year after year after year yet never bitched or complained. He never had an elite O-Line, he never had a good RB, he never had an elite TE. He played with one great defense. He never had a good OC. He never had a good HC. Yet he kept his head down and played football. He made a professsional trade request after being told it was a complete tear down, it was respected, he handled it with class and thanked the organization with dignity.

Meanwhile...Aaron Rodgers gets drafted by one of the best organizations in football, takes over a NFC title game participant when he becomes the starter, wins a Super Bowl in year 3 and has enough talent to go 15-1 the next year. He’s played with multiple elite defenses. He’s had two good head coaches. He’s played with an elite O-Line that gets to hold whenever they want his entire career. He’s played with multiple pro bowl WR’s and TE’s and a plethora of good RB’s. He has constantly been paid as a top QB. Yet he is demanding a trade because the FO allegedly has bad “culture” and the man who doesn’t speak to his family says “it’s about the people”? Man GTFO

And on top of all this, Aaron keeps trolling by posting pictures of his Hawai’i vacation instead of being at OTA’s. Unreal.

Aaron Rodgers drinks beer like a little b!tch
giphy.gif

rapreport stating that RAVENS, FALCONS, and RAMS are looking at picking up RB Todd Guleyman. I could see it with the ravens. CHUBB VS GURLEY would be the reason.

VN Store

Back