2021 NFL Offseason Thread

B871C2D2-36B5-40E8-B6B6-75451303E12B.jpeg
Looks like the Chiefs are the early favorites for next season.

View attachment 349421
Looks like the Chiefs are the early favorites for next season.

Not making any excuses but I wonder if that whole thing with Reid’s son had anything to do with their performance? I mean they seemed completely lost. KC looked almost like they hadn’t played football in a long time.

Anyway, it makes sense I guess because I think KC is bringing most of their guys back. And maybe them getting Watkins back healthy.

Are they still going to go through with changing next season from 16 to 17 games?
If they do, wonder how they will decide the matchup.

Now onto the 2021 crazy offseason!
A big question for the Falcons going into the 2021 season is with their big salary cap problems will they trade Matt Ryan? I think they should try to trade him and draft either Justin Fields or Mac Jones with the 4th pick in the NFL Draft.

A big question for the Falcons going into the 2021 season is with their big salary cap problems will they trade Matt Ryan? I think they should try to trade him and draft either Justin Fields or Mac Jones with the 4th pick in the NFL Draft.

I don't think anybody wants his contract, unless another asset is attached.

Jones won’t go that high. Some are projecting him at #20 overall...which is the Bears unless they trade for Wentz. He gets past that and I could see him dropping into the next day.

Reactions: Border Vol
Jones won’t go that high. Some are projecting him at #20 overall...which is the Bears unless they trade for Wentz. He gets past that and I could see him dropping into the next day.

I think Belichick wants Trey Lance but he's probably going to end up with Jones at 15.

tenor.gif

Key offseason dates

Feb. 23: The earliest day teams can place franchise or transition designations on players in advance of free agency. Both tags are designed to ensure that a team doesn’t lose a select free agent on the open market without some form of compensation.

March 9: The deadline for franchise and transition tag use is 4 p.m. ET.

March 15-17: The three-day stretch known as the “legal tampering window” commences. Teams can engage in dialogue with the representatives of free agent players from other teams but cannot officially sign any such players to contracts.

March 17: The 2021 league year officially kicks off at 4 p.m. ET, and so does the start of free agency. Teams can begin signing free agents to contracts.

April 5: This should mark the date when teams that have hired new head coaches can begin offseason workout programs. However, COVID protocol will likely affect these arrangements. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell indicated last week leading up to the Super Bowl that the NFL and NFL Players Association could agree to modified offseason program formats. Last season, teams held virtual workouts rather than in-person conditioning programs. People familiar with preliminary discussions expect the same this time around.

April 19: Teams with returning head coaches can begin offseason workouts. But again, these workouts are likely to take place virtually.

April 23: The deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer streets.

April 28: The last day for clubs to match offer sheets for restricted free agents.

April 29-May 1: The 2021 NFL draft is slated for Cleveland. Considering how last year’s draft took place virtually, it’s possible that the league’s top prospects will not be on hand for this event.

Last edited:
Reactions: franklinpence
I know everyone hates on the trade (and I figure you're gonna hate this take, mad4vols), but I won't be surprised in the least if Stafford ends up being amazing in LA. Don't know why, but I get Tannehill/Titans vibes from that transaction. Sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery.

Reactions: MAD
I know everyone hates on the trade (and I figure you're gonna hate this take, mad4vols), but I won't be surprised in the least if Stafford ends up being amazing in LA. Don't know why, but I get Tannehill/Titans vibes from that transaction. Sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery.

I kinda feel like expectations might be a little too high. I think Stafford is good, too.

VN Store

Back